Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
rumor

Joker 2: 40-50M opening!

dit

Featured Posts

Jennie Kim

Terrible numbers, the initial forecast was 150M.

The articles will be brutal next week. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

Tinnitus15
Just now, Jennie Kim said:

Terrible numbers, the initial forecast was 150M.

The articles will be brutal next week. 

I really wonder what went wrong :messga:

Anderson123

I'm so excited to finally watch this. :bradley: We usually get new movies on Thursdays so October 3rd was the plan but there's a couple of pre screens on the 2nd at 7 pm I might get to snatch some of those tickets.

dit
8 minutes ago, Reality said:

The estimations just keep going lower and lower :bradley: 

If we're comparing this to just ASIB and HoG, it's good, but when you put this in the context of a comic book movie where the first Joker film made $96 million (domestic) opening weekend, it's awful :giveup: 

EDIT - Honestly, I blame the marketing. It wasn't until this week that they really started to push for the movie. And even then, it was mostly Gaga and Harlequin, not anything that WB did. They also tried to sell it as "not a musical"—which is always the wrong approach imo. The movie IS a musical, lean into it. In a world where comic book films have largely become generic, stuff like that makes it stand out. Even if the box office is bad, I hope that a lot of people enjoy it. 

exactly! I actually think the reason for initial bad reviews was because they said it was not really a musical when it is! they should have just been forthright and unapologetic about it. It made them seem uncertain about their own project which is never a good way to present your work especially to ravenous critics ready to dismantle you at any given chance 

• Like 4

Stephen

If the movie is received well by people it can grow and be a decent success. Let’s hope that audiences enjoy it. If not, Gaga will still be acclaimed and then LG7 era starts either way. 

Edited by Stephen
  • Like 1

HIM820
11 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

At least no one seems to be blaming Gaga, thank god. But where is this 50 mil number coming from? Last I saw it was 68-70 mil...not great, but not really a flop either.

Normal people won't blame her. But a lot of genre fans are NOT normal and I already see some of those guys blaming her casting for the musical aspect, which they seem determined to hate before even seeing it. Now with this album, I really hope she's not even more entwined with the singing part when its seen as such a negative already. 

Louvre

honestly shouldn't have gone to venice hmm, everyone prepare for a Gaga hate train, get your alejandro candles out we may have to do some sorcery

• Shook 1
  • Sad 1

LilyLark
1 minute ago, HIM820 said:

Normal people won't blame her. But a lot of genre fans are NOT normal and I already see some of those guys blaming her casting for the musical aspect, which they seem determined to hate before even seeing it. Now with this album, I really hope she's not even more entwined with the singing part when its seen as such a negative already. 

Genre fans have a reputation for hating everything, though, involving women. They review bombed Agatha All Along of all things.  As long as they aren't going after her like they did with Brie Larson, the general public likely won't even notice.

As long as industry outlets—like THR and Variety—aren't blaming her, she'll be fine. And Joaquin has annoyed enough people in the industry that even if it 'isn't' his fault, I suspect it will be spun as if it is his fault along with Todd.

And honestly-it is Todd's fault. There's no reason a musical set mostly in a court house and jail cell should have such a high budget. If he made the film for $90 mil, this opening would have been a resounding success.

LateToCult
9 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

I really wonder what went wrong :messga:

We put too much faith in Todd. Can’t believe the straight incels were right. :bear:

• Sad 2

• River locked this topic