Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
rumor

Joker 2: 40-50M opening!

dit

Featured Posts

dit

According to a box office maverick on atrl the film is now slated to open with 40 to 50 million on the box office! This is a fall from the first which did 97M but it is still a success in the long run if it have longevity!

"JFAD is on track for $6-7M Thursday previews, which is similar to Alien:Romulus and It Ends With Us. It literally means that unless some miracle happens, this is opening to $40-50M in the US, playing in the same league as box office mammoth 'The Marvels' (and ASIB…)"

https://ibb.co/DYMcvFQ

• LMAO 2
  • Sad 13

thatfoxyfeeling

Gurl delete this thread it's gonna open with more than 50m.

• Thanks 12

Togekiss

Well just wait until I get my hands on a Saturday matinee ticket, add at least $20!

building a daydream with hearts and spades
  • LMAO 4

LG2008

Girl, this is not an achievement :enigma:

And The Marvels was a huge flop lmao

Edited by LG2008
  • Like 13
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 3

UWontUseMyMind

I'll be seated no matter what :vegas:honestly this the first movie I have ever waited for with so much anticipation since the announcement, this idea of a sequel to Joker and also a twisted musical that's a tribute to the American culture of theater got me intrigued since the beginning. This could truly end up being the movie I always wanted to exist, y'all I'm so obsessed that I recently dreamed of watching it and I'm convincing each of my friends to come with me to the cinema, I'm truly moving the advertisement out here :traumatica:

• Like 2

dit

I managed to get one of my friends to watch the movie with me so I think that gonna send it to 60M opening if more ppl do that too

• LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 2

LilyLark

Sis this isn't an achievement. It's a flop :triggered:

To be fair, if Todd hadn't had such an insanely high budget, it would have been okay-ish. This (absurdly high budgets) is a major problem with a ton of films (not just Joker 2)....

At least no one seems to be blaming Gaga, thank god. But where is this 50 mil number coming from? Last I saw it was 68-70 mil...not great, but not really a flop either.

• Like 3

Battle 4 Ur Life

I am seeing the IMAX Fans First premiere on Monday so my coins are there already and I obv plan to see it a second time.

Smash With a Smile
  • YAAAS 1

HelloHangoverz
4 minutes ago, dit said:

I managed to get one of my friends to watch the movie with me so I think that gonna send it to 60M opening if more ppl do that too

:lmao::lmao:I got a VIP seat for £2 extra....that should push it up to $70 million

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away
  • LMAO 6

eifulien

Wait, last week there was a thread stating that projections were lowered from an initial estimate and were 68-70 million.

If they've gone down to 40-50M how is that good?

I'm the last person to care about box office scores, and tbh I won't bother watching this one, sorry Gags, House of Gucci was a traumatic experience. But, like, the last time I checked box office it was for the Harry Potters, and they were doing like 250 million debuts, so yeah... this number pales especially in current dollars

dit

Guys stop be so negative ! 40-50 million is at least 10 million more than what u gonna make your whole life! be happy and proud of this Gaga achievement NOW plz :crossed:

• Like 2

Reality

The estimations just keep going lower and lower :bradley: 

If we're comparing this to just ASIB and HoG, it's good, but when you put this in the context of a comic book movie where the first Joker film made $96 million (domestic) opening weekend, it's awful :giveup: 

EDIT - Honestly, I blame the marketing. It wasn't until this week that they really started to push for the movie. And even then, it was mostly Gaga and Harlequin, not anything WB did. They also tried to sell it as "not a musical"—which is always the wrong approach imo. The movie IS a musical, lean into it. In a world where comic book films have largely become generic, stuff like that makes it stand out. 

Edited by Reality
𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

lxdygxga

Only based on pre sales - no final projection yet. I’m sure this will do well. 

• Like 1

• River locked this topic