Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
achievement

Joker 2 projected to open $68M

dit

Featured Posts

Bradley

It may be less than the first film but it's still a record breaker for Gaga's career.

A Star Is Born: $42 million opening

House of Gucci: $22 million opening (remember this was post-pandemic)

Joker: Folie a Deux: $68 million opening

lilboyblue

I fear they've miscalculated downplaying the musical aspect of the film. It's almost coming off disingenuous.

Gaga is the draw here because we've already seen Joker before. Show us the singing!

• FATCAT changed the title to Joker 2 projected to open $68M
Wet Fire

It will do great, I believe. Here in India there's immense hype surrounding JFAD. And most viewers don't bother booking tickets months prior here. Everyone and their straight cousins are looking forward to watch it lol :huntyga:

Like the last time people here were that excited was Oppenheimer. By the way, Oppenheimer was a bigger hit than Barbie in India.

Edited by Wet Fire
  • Shook 2

FATCAT
57 minutes ago, lilboyblue said:

I fear they've miscalculated downplaying the musical aspect of the film. It's almost coming off disingenuous.

Gaga is the draw here because we've already seen Joker before. Show us the singing!

I don't think its a musical so much that its a movie that has characters that sing, which is hard to convey to the public 

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 1

FFXIV WhiteMage

Me who don’t have any idea of whether its good or bad

Pretend Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Edited by FFXIV WhiteMage

Levine
1 hour ago, Starmie25 said:

Am I the only person who doesn't buy tickets a month ahead of the premiere.

Is it maybe more an American thing?

I live in Italy and I never did that lol I buy the tickets only 1-2 days before the day I chose but just to skip the line in the theatre and to pick my fave seats. 

• Shook 1

4 hours ago, FATCAT said:

Yall Phoenix hates in-person promo, especially talk shows. I'm willing to bet that's why there's been limited promo by Gaga and the other actors. Online promo has been pretty extensive though, I've seen quite a few trailers out in the wild, just like the first film. We're probably just not used to it after HoG and ASIB were interviews everywhere.

I think we will have a lot more interviews once the movie premieres in other territories. We only have Venice for now

• Like 1