Die With A Smile Spotify Banner
celeb

Dolly Parton on Beyoncé’s CMA shutout

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

• What do you think about Beyoncé getting shut out of the CMA nominations?

"Well, you never know. There’s so many wonderful country artists that, I guess probably the country music field, they probably thought, well, we can’t really leave out some of the ones that spend their whole life doing that. But I didn’t even realize that until somebody asked me that question. But it was a wonderful album. She can be very, very proud of, and I think everybody in country music welcomed her and thought that, that was good. So I don’t think it was a matter of shutting out, like doing that on purpose. I think it was just more of what the country charts and the country artists were doing, that do that all the time, not just a specialty album"

i ❤️
  • Love 2

faysalaaa

Its not a good album, and its not even close to country! But I would love if they invited Beyonce to perform, present, or attend the show.

• Thanks 4

TEETHTEETH

Beyoncé putting on a cowboy hat does not make her a country artist. She herself even said it isn’t even a country album. :bye:

• Like 6

River

idk if she's just clueless or purposely trying to sugarcoat the situation, the fact that Shaboozey only received 2 nominations is also part of the problem, his song was one of the most successful songs of 2024

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FATCAT
16 minutes ago, River said:

idk if she's just clueless or purposely trying to sugarcoat the situation, the fact that Shaboozey only received 2 nominations is also part of the problem, his song was one of the most successful songs of 2024

She's always walked a thin line when it came to controversy, I would expect no less at this point

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 1

Madame Goo Goo
26 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

She's always walked a thin line when it came to controversy, I would expect no less at this point

Yeah, I feel like she’s very clearly just giving them the benefit of the doubt which is not that unexpected or wild. Especially when Cowboy Carter is 

1. Not really a country album

2. Not really that good

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

RenegAde
1 hour ago, faysalaaa said:

Its not a good album, and its not even close to country! But I would love if they invited Beyonce to perform, present, or attend the show.

It's suffers from a bit of genre ambiguity and is unnecessarily long but it's a good album and deserved to  nominated for something at the CMAs

• Like 2

Bronco
57 minutes ago, River said:

I mean Shaboozey's A Bar Song is about a country as my left nut tbh. 

Really good song, but it's not country music. But then 90% of what's "country" these days isn't country. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

StrawberryBlond

I'm glad to see someone being the voice of reason. People who have devoted their entire careers to creating and perfecting country music are hardly going to be passed up for someone who's made country as a big one-off experiment and potentially to cash in on the current country trend. We'd be just as annoyed if a country artist made a pop album and knocked out a deserving pop artist at a pop awards show. Same goes for any other genre. Giving dues to the people who pursue it full-time is natural. Gaga wasn't nominated for MR or Joanne. Lana probably won't be nominated for Lasso. Do we care? No, and they probably don't either. No one is entitled to awards especially from genre specific ones that you don't normally dabble in. 

48 minutes ago, River said:

There's no other field he could have been nominated in realistically. He's just had one big hit song and he got nominated for that under Single of the Year and Best New Artist. There's no music video, just a visualiser, so it couldn't be put up for best music video. With just one hit, he can't very well be nominated under entertainer of the year. He put out an album but it didn't really take off, so more popular albums got nominated over him. It's the same for a lot of one hit wonders, you have to prove you can stick around before getting nominated more heavily. The song really isn't that good at all, so it's most likely its chart success that won those nominations more than anything. People are just wanting to read something more nefarious into it because it's country music awards. In actuality, it looks like they're just going by which songs they liked the most and who they thought was the most deserving, like every other awards show. Just because a song was a big hit doesn't mean it's entitled to nominations by default. That's more of a pop mindset than a country one. 

RenegAde
1 hour ago, River said:

I think he got the ones he deserved, single of the year and best new artist. How many did you expect with one hit single?

Edited by RenegAde

Kimmo

I know this is a tiring topic and triggering, but most of these nominated artist wrote the entirety of their albums, including Post Malone (who is being compared for being nominated) is not a surprise that Post Malone co writes and writes all of his songs is nominated, not only did he actually embodied l the whole Country look ,  if you follow him you know he’s always been country in a way, Beyonce mimicked the country genre. Yes it is part of her roots, but adding sounds like “hey” “ho” doesn’t make you a country artist just because you want to prove a point.

Edited by Kimmo
Hottie Detector
  • Like 1

Sneaky Oliver

I have a controversial opinion about this because Beyonce fans have been dragging this award show over this while Beyonce have access to the biggest shows and platforms in this industry which smaller country acts could never touch. I think it would be a lot cooler of her to stand for another small black country artists, she’s the f*cking Beyonce after all, she’s bigger than the CMAs

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden
  • Like 2

faysalaaa
1 hour ago, RenegAde said:

It's suffers from a bit of genre ambiguity and is unnecessarily long but it's a good album and deserved to  nominated for something at the CMAs

Its a good cultural statement album that I respect, but I wouldnt say its a good album. The CMA's is not the place that will understand the cultural meaning and importance of the album. I cant imagine any country listener listening and enjoying that album.