celeb

Chappell Roan hopes she won't win Grammy

Teletubby

Featured Posts

mightyriverz

the way y'all bash her while praise the zionaddict Choli X Rehab is... something.

Shyane

I think she's too naïve. She's going to be irrelevant soon. She has talent and creativity for sure but there are many creative talented artists out there. You need people to like you so that you can continue your stardom and she's doing the opposite. Talent can only get you so far. 

• Like 3

Gorehound
5 hours ago, HelloHangoverz said:

it's getting tired i won't lie. i'm sure fame is absolutely maddening but there are many aspects of her job that most normal workers would kill for. would she prefer to run a drive thru for 12 hours or deal with office politics for 40 years? count your blessings. although atp it's starting to look like some sort of marketing strategy. reel them in by repelling them

Ye this is the feeling I'm getting. I don't know the ins and outs of her situation and I'm sorry she's been having trouble with extreme fans cuz that's never ok; but I swear every time I see her name pop up she's complaining about her fame and success in one way or another. I really don't get it. I'm finding it quite irritating and kinda pathetic when she's so lucky and privileged to have achieved this level of success so young. And like you said so many people can only dream of being in her position. And if she really can't handle this level of fame why is she putting herself though all of this? Attending televised award ceremonies, interviews, social media etc, exposing herself to the GP? Why not sink back behind the scenes and just stay as a song writer or whatever. Seems like she wants her cake and to eat it to.

I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 3

palma

I fell in love with her the moment I heard GLB for the first time but yeah I'm kinda over her. She made me roll my eyes far too many times. I hope she gets what she wants out of the music biz or gets comfortable with it - till then I won't really check for her :bye:

Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?

SpadesToStart
4 hours ago, r4therupbeat said:

the way I never saw a single similarity between her and Gaga lol. she doesn't want to film music videos, win awards, hates fame and gets annoyed by having fans smh.

The thing about Gaga, Madonna, Cher—all those women grabbed their fame by the horns and said “This is my chance to change the world, let’s f***ing go.”

owkness
7 hours ago, chromaticainmyhead said:

why do you all call her she's not handling it well? I think it's perfectly okay to say it's hard to become famous. Imagine a new breakout MALE star would say something like this. People would say 'omg he's so against the rules yaasss so hot omg' or something like this while she's literally being called 'difficult' after 0.5 sec of being allowed to voice criticism. that's literally misogyny and ya'll don't realize

it would actually be the same for male artists

4 hours ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Gaga did not respect the established system and that's why she made so many headlines. It's also why ARTPOP did to her career what it did. Gaga always was in your face and about provoking rules/the system. It was always walking a very thin line that led to superstardom and she crossed it with ARTPOP, leading to her going through what she did. 

Do you think this is her decision and not her label's? She's gonna be contractually obligated to promote her music, and that's what I view all of this as. 

Gaga played along and the public deeply hurt her. Don't act like Gaga still interacts the same as she did 10 years ago, or that she doesn't call social media the toilet of the internet. 

Are we omitting the fact that she argued with Paparazzi when they started the argument? Are artists not supposed to stand up for themselves? Gaga did the same thing numerous times in interviews when she felt disrespected. 

Gaga 100000% respected the established system (aka the Grammys, Grammy voters and industry greats). When she was nominated for awards, she would cry to her fans on social media because of how much the awards meant to her. In 2010, at her first Grammys she attended, she shared a stage with Elton John - showing deep respect to an industry fixture who came before her. Let’s not forget how her first Oscars appearance honored Julie Andrews. And then of course all her work with Tony. Yes, she consistently used her platform to raise awareness for important causes, and yes, she raised eyebrows, but she would never disrespect the Grammys, she would never say she doesn’t care about an award. Gaga was grateful for the platform the Grammys gave her, and she used it for good. This is the same thing as Chappell saying she wouldn’t perform at the white house. Meanwhile, when Gaga is invited to the White House, she graciously accepts, and uses her platform for good.