opinion

LG5 and LG7 theory

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

Could LG7 be an evolution of the original LG5?

Here’s why I think it might be: 

LG5 was originally inspired by Gaga’s role in AHS. She said herself that The Countess inspired her to return to the Art of Darkness. At the time, the album was said to include a song titled “Vampire” and we also have confirmation that “Frankenstein(ed)” was produced by RedOne and was a continuation and elevation of their classic sound. 

We know that LG7 is very likely to be inspired by dark themes, as well as her role as Harley Quinn, which feels very familiar to how LG5 was originally conceived. 

From the rumoured titles alone, we can see a clear theme forming: 

Notorious Being: monsters are notorious, otherworldly beings (like vampires) 

Abracadabra: ties into magic potions and witches 

Garden of Eden: continues a mythological focus

Dance In The Shadow: clearly a dark theme 

Whilst I’m not saying that “Vampire” or “Frankensteined” will be on LG7, it’s clear how these song titles could all fit together and come from the same place as those listed above. 

There’s also the fact that the only trusted description of any LG7 track we have (from the Vogue interview) described it as “intense and ominous—an old-school Gaga banger, unsettling but also buoyant.” 

This is akin to how RedOne described “Frankensteined”, which suggests again that Gaga may be taking some inspiration from those early LG5 sessions. 

The only ‘original LG5’ song that saw the light of day was “Angel Down”, a song about innocent people getting caught up in the world’s chaos. What’s reminded me of the original LG5 this week is Gaga’s referencing of “chaos” again, which is something she referred a lot to during 2014-15, so much so that many thought she was hinting at her next album title. 

In Gaga’s recent Vogue interview, she said: “I had a different experience creating her, namely my experience with mania and chaos inside—for me, it creates a quietness.” She also briefly mentioned it in this clip too. 

Now, I’m not saying that LG7 will be titled “Chaos” but I think it’s interesting for her to talk about this again when the last time she did so was in the run up to what we thought would be the dark-inspired LG5, just as she had finished filming AHS. So the parallels are there.

As a reminder, the idea at the time was that LG5 would address the darkness within Gaga’s life and how she had to rebuild herself after the chaos of the storm that was ARTPOP. We theorised that the album could be inspired by chaos theory, which is more commonly known as the butterfly effect: the idea that actions will always have unintended consequences. 

We have recently watched Gaga rebuild her own life after lots of actions and decisions took her down a very unintended path. Could LG7 therefore maybe be linked to chaos theory, in the same way LG5 was?

And whilst it may seem odd for Gaga to revisit a concept from over ten years ago, I think it’s worth noting that for the past decade, she’s wanted to escape “Gaga” as much as possible. This is why we had Joanne and it’s also why Chromatica was so hard for her to make. But now she’s feeling inspired again and seems to have been able to reconcile herself with this “being” she’s created, maybe she felt that now was the right time to revisit a theme, concept and maybe even some songs from the past that she really only turned her back on because they were too “Gaga”, not because she didn’t love them. After all, according to RedOne, the songs they first produced for LG5 were ‘old-school’ Gaga. Just like LG7’s lead has been described. 

I think there’s definitely something in this.  

It also just occurred to me that if Gaga really did ‘open up the vault’ for LG7, perhaps her secret project really could be an album dedicated to unreleased tracks she now feels able to release? That wouldn’t be so unprecedented nowadays, after what Taylor has done (who Gaga has expressed admiration and fondness of more than once in the past year). 

subtext / fantasy
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 5

princedeeblebleble

Okay, but what IF the secret project is the original LG5 and/or ARTPOP actII :volantis:

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 8

Alvitr

Wasn’t Lana’s album Lust for Life a gift to the fans by going back to the roots?

Not saying Gaga will go back to her roots, just that the secret project might indeed be another album. Orginal LG5, ARTPOP act ii, the unreleased songs as a gift to little monsters… and as you stated too, she might actually have opened up the “vault” 

I really do think we are in for a double album. My mind, body, heart, soul feels it. Like she said in the CBT-FILM press that she’s been making alot of music and been in the studio alot. 
So I am sure that she will spit out music everywhere. 

It also makes sense as mr. Polansky said she needed to do a pop record again. She is inspired and in a good place of love. I also feel like after this she will take a very long time. 6+ years or even 10, just to start to build a family with Michael.

I truly believe we are not ready for the years of Gaga in 2025-2026. 

• YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1

27monster27

Taylor swift allegedly did this with Lover in 2019, so it's possible.

he/him/his

gagzus

There’s a lot of effort that goes into this, for example when Gaga’s legal documents leaked a while back it was part of her contract that Interscope had to sign off and approve her using any previously record music that didn’t make the record on a future record.

Plus Gaga isn’t a very retrospective person in terms of her music, she often doesn’t look back and want to reuse or redo things she likes creating anew. Plus the secret project seems like it‘s taken more time and effort than just making a studio album. 

I also doubt that if she is happy, she‘d wanna revisit music about her sadness, addiction, losing friends and colleagues and old relationship traumas, I know I wouldn’t 

Edited by gagzus
  • Like 3

steven
17 minutes ago, gagzus said:

There’s a lot of effort that goes into this, for example when Gaga’s legal documents leaked a while back it was part of her contract that Interscope had to sign off and approve her using any previously record music that didn’t make the record on a future record.

Plus Gaga isn’t a very retrospective person in terms of her music, she often doesn’t look back and want to reuse or redo things she likes creating anew. Plus the secret project seems like it‘s taken more time and effort than just making a studio album. 

I also doubt that if she is happy, she‘d wanna revisit music about her sadness, addiction, losing friends and colleagues and old relationship traumas, I know I wouldn’t 

This and coming from someone who changes her mind quickly, I don't think she'd go back to some of older stuff. But it could be an inspiration in terms of mood and vision.

• Like 1

Chlorine

You are acting like TFM doesn’t exist. :rip: This is part of the fabric of who she is, not an abandoned LG5 concept inspired by AHS. Like please!!! :air:

Edited by Chlorine

AnglerfishbraBENUS
1 minute ago, Chlorine said:

You are acting like TFM doesn’t exist. :rip: This is part of the fabric of who she is, not an abandoned LG5 concept inspired by AHS. Like please!!! :air:

well we are still waiting to see anything come of her obsession with the art of darkness tbh 

• Thanks 1

Doroteyo

This is quite an intriguing observation! Thanks for posting. food for thought. Artists are circular in their development, it's completely possible that she's taken inspiration from past projects, as we all do. To what extent she's 'lifted' things however, we can only speculate and wait and see!!

• Love 1

tigerteeth
1 hour ago, gagzus said:

„The Chromatica tour was an epiphany. “Michael and I did that tour together,” she says. “I did it pain-free! I haven’t smoked pot in years. I’ve, like, changed.” She laughs. “A lot. I feel like this new album, in a lot of ways, is about that time but from a place of happiness instead of misery. “

exactly. Maybe she’s inspired by that time in some way aesthetically or sound-wise, but as Gaga does - I think she isn’t revisiting old ideas but feels happy and inspired by her current life since the GCB and has put that into her music since then 

Quentin
1 hour ago, 27monster27 said:

Taylor swift allegedly did this with Lover in 2019, so it's possible.

There's an early version of ME! that leaked a while ago, and in its name it was written "2014"

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream

Anderson123

Gaga rarely or just never goes back to old concepts or stuff she has done in the past. But I do think LG7 is a bit inspired by her experience as Lee just like LG5 sessions started with her experience as The Countess. So there's probably some connection there about the way she makes music with stuff going on around in her life.

It'd be interesting to hear more about this when she talks about it or Andrew Watt as newcomer to her circle of producers now that he's also part of Die With A Smile. It's very interesting to hear that Gaga has been "making a lot of music". Makes you wonder what else she plans to do. It also gets me excited because it seems like LG7 will be a bit longer than Chromatica and Joanne, so that's great for us. I'm here for long albums.