💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

celeb

Chappell Roan hopes she won't win Grammy

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Franch Toast
7 hours ago, tyler k said:

because becoming "famous" has absolutely ruined her privacy. when Gaga was coming up and becoming famous, fame was invasive then, sure - but not at the extreme parasocial way it has grown now to the point where fans are being weird and obsessive with her thats putting a bad taste in her mouth about being famous.

she does love her fans. if you watch and read any other interviews from before GLB took off she speaks highly of her fans but also the discomfort of having uncomfortable boundaries with fans. 

a lot of you have the worst takes about quote and its clear a lot of you never liked her in the first place and everyone has been looking for any reason to drag her down. 

Social media has ruined nuance. People are ignoring the kind of qualifier in her statement. “I’m kind of hoping I don’t win..." In other words, she has mixed feelings about it, which is normal. She didn't say she hates the Grammys and never wants to win one. She also conducted this interview during a  period when she was struggling a lot with fame and her mental health. People here love to preach about the importance of mental health, but when someone famous is setting boundaries and sharing some of her mental health struggles, they can't wait to pounce.  As you say, it's clear that some people never liked her to begin with and are looking for reasons to bring her down. 

That said, I'll reiterate she needs a better PR team and media training. 

She/Her/Hers
  • Like 1

Controversiaga
2 hours ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

I'm sorry. Do we not all know how contracts work? Do we think labels exist as like clubs or something?

Yea contracts work by both parties signing and agreeing to what is stated in the contract

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Forlorn

I don't understand why she doesn't use her fame to generate headlines about the causes she cares for? Every time I see her name it's next to a "I hate being famous" statement.

Sis...the spotlight is on you! Make a statement and quit complaining, it just undercuts all the work you do!

• Like 1

Forlorn
Just now, Forlorn said:

Sis...the spotlight is on you! Make a statement and quit complaining

This is also why I hate the Gaga comparisons...Gaga had the same uncomfortable adjustment period as most new artists do but she made that moment mean something. She paid the price by falling out of favor with the media during ARTPOP and clawed her way back to the top.

Chappell's ready to quit before she even gets started.

They are nothing alike.

chromaticainmyhead
21 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

I know when someone's full of scheiße and this girl definitely is.

I know you guys will agree with me one day. Now it's probably too soon, but I'm always right

We love a self-righteous queen

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

himerosxo
21 hours ago, Elohim said:

She is the definition of privilege.

Also funny to see that when Doja acted with attitude  as part of her Scarlet roll out everyone cancelled her, but when this girl acting like a brat everyone protecting her, I don’t get it.

THIS! I never understood why Doja was so torn for setting her boundaries.

It’s obvious as to why Chappell is “protected.”  She has a certain ‘privilege’ that Doja doesn’t…

NibbCub
3 minutes ago, himerosxo said:

It’s obvious as to why Chappell is “protected.”  She has a certain ‘privilege’ that Doja doesn’t…

Yep. Basic cis white girl.

NATAH
25 minutes ago, himerosxo said:

protected by who, exactly? cus nearly everybody here is turning on her lol

mother, what must i do?

Elohim
21 minutes ago, himerosxo said:

Also Doja was obviously getting into a character for the album rollout, trolling everyone, Chappell is just being a little ungrateful b*tch (not talking about the privacy demands, I get it, she’s a human being)

like she’s been on the rung for almost 10 years, getting sign on 2 labels, been an opener for Olivia Rodrigo, you are a grown ass woman, if all of this fame thing is so hard and it’s unbearable for you, just put an end to it, quit. Stop this moaning and bitching.

• YAAAS 1