celeb

Chappell Roan hopes she won't win Grammy

Teletubby

Featured Posts

mightyriverz

the way y'all bash her while praise the zionaddict Choli X Rehab is... something.

Shyane

I think she's too naïve. She's going to be irrelevant soon. She has talent and creativity for sure but there are many creative talented artists out there. You need people to like you so that you can continue your stardom and she's doing the opposite. Talent can only get you so far. 

• Like 3

Gorehound
5 hours ago, HelloHangoverz said:

it's getting tired i won't lie. i'm sure fame is absolutely maddening but there are many aspects of her job that most normal workers would kill for. would she prefer to run a drive thru for 12 hours or deal with office politics for 40 years? count your blessings. although atp it's starting to look like some sort of marketing strategy. reel them in by repelling them

Ye this is the feeling I'm getting. I don't know the ins and outs of her situation and I'm sorry she's been having trouble with extreme fans cuz that's never ok; but I swear every time I see her name pop up she's complaining about her fame and success in one way or another. I really don't get it. I'm finding it quite irritating and kinda pathetic when she's so lucky and privileged to have achieved this level of success so young. And like you said so many people can only dream of being in her position. And if she really can't handle this level of fame why is she putting herself though all of this? Attending televised award ceremonies, interviews, social media etc, exposing herself to the GP? Why not sink back behind the scenes and just stay as a song writer or whatever. Seems like she wants her cake and to eat it to.

I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 3

palma

I fell in love with her the moment I heard GLB for the first time but yeah I'm kinda over her. She made me roll my eyes far too many times. I hope she gets what she wants out of the music biz or gets comfortable with it - till then I won't really check for her :bye:

Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?

SpadesToStart
4 hours ago, r4therupbeat said:

the way I never saw a single similarity between her and Gaga lol. she doesn't want to film music videos, win awards, hates fame and gets annoyed by having fans smh.

The thing about Gaga, Madonna, Cher—all those women grabbed their fame by the horns and said “This is my chance to change the world, let’s f***ing go.”

owkness
7 hours ago, chromaticainmyhead said:

why do you all call her she's not handling it well? I think it's perfectly okay to say it's hard to become famous. Imagine a new breakout MALE star would say something like this. People would say 'omg he's so against the rules yaasss so hot omg' or something like this while she's literally being called 'difficult' after 0.5 sec of being allowed to voice criticism. that's literally misogyny and ya'll don't realize

it would actually be the same for male artists

Nycboy
4 hours ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Gaga did not respect the established system and that's why she made so many headlines. It's also why ARTPOP did to her career what it did. Gaga always was in your face and about provoking rules/the system. It was always walking a very thin line that led to superstardom and she crossed it with ARTPOP, leading to her going through what she did. 

Do you think this is her decision and not her label's? She's gonna be contractually obligated to promote her music, and that's what I view all of this as. 

Gaga played along and the public deeply hurt her. Don't act like Gaga still interacts the same as she did 10 years ago, or that she doesn't call social media the toilet of the internet. 

Are we omitting the fact that she argued with Paparazzi when they started the argument? Are artists not supposed to stand up for themselves? Gaga did the same thing numerous times in interviews when she felt disrespected. 

Gaga 100000% respected the established system (aka the Grammys, Grammy voters and industry greats). When she was nominated for awards, she would cry to her fans on social media because of how much the awards meant to her. In 2010, at her first Grammys she attended, she shared a stage with Elton John - showing deep respect to an industry fixture who came before her. Let’s not forget how her first Oscars appearance honored Julie Andrews. And then of course all her work with Tony. Yes, she consistently used her platform to raise awareness for important causes, and yes, she raised eyebrows, but she would never disrespect the Grammys, she would never say she doesn’t care about an award. Gaga was grateful for the platform the Grammys gave her, and she used it for good. This is the same thing as Chappell saying she wouldn’t perform at the white house. Meanwhile, when Gaga is invited to the White House, she graciously accepts, and uses her platform for good. 

• Like 1

TortureMeOnReplay
1 hour ago, Nycboy said:

Gaga 100000% respected the established system (aka the Grammys, Grammy voters and industry greats). When she was nominated for awards, she would cry to her fans on social media because of how much the awards meant to her. In 2010, at her first Grammys she attended, she shared a stage with Elton John - showing deep respect to an industry fixture who came before her. Let’s not forget how her first Oscars appearance honored Julie Andrews. And then of course all her work with Tony. Yes, she consistently used her platform to raise awareness for important causes, and yes, she raised eyebrows, but she would never disrespect the Grammys, she would never say she doesn’t care about an award. Gaga was grateful for the platform the Grammys gave her, and she used it for good. This is the same thing as Chappell saying she wouldn’t perform at the white house. Meanwhile, when Gaga is invited to the White House, she graciously accepts, and uses her platform for good. 

My bad I was under the assumption you meant the entire system of stardom and all of it's "responsibilities". Yes Gaga respected the system in regard to the Recording Academy. But her goals have become more clear over the last few years. It's always worked for her and that's why she respected it. Do you think if the Grammys, VMAs, etc had been seen as shams back then publicly, that she wouldn't have rode that wave too? This does tie back into my original comment. Gaga took advantage of a lot of opportunities as she saw fit. Gaga did bite back and stand up for herself. And I'm not gonna say she bullied her way around, but she did at times flex her celebrity prowess to get her way in a diva manner. I'm not insinuating that Gaga is evil or a bad person or herself a diva, but she very much made Gaga the character work for her to make as much noise as possible as efficiently as possible. The Fame's version of Lady Gaga is a product of it's time. And at that time it was beneficial to play along with the industry standard. 

What I find interesting is the constant discussion among fans in various fanbases about the culture of Fame and the industry. How dirty it is and how rigged everything is. How labels beat the charts, how there's industry plants, how there's payola, etc. And we have an individual with a huge platform (at the moment) saying she does not like celebrity culture. Saying she's okay with not being famous if it means she's not constantly harassed. Who stands up for her team on the red carpet and tells people "no YOU shut the f up" but then gets spun into being a brat. Who says she doesn't want to win awards, and all the sudden everyone thinks she just hates her fans and is ungrateful. You guys are equating awards with popularity and fan adoration, and that's the issue. That's what's propped up the music industry so long and turned the entire music scene into tik tok trends. Everyone complains about the industry, complains about the pay and treatment of artists, complains about label control over art, but then hold artists to the industry standard. We will continue to have chart manipulation until artists are validated on their opinions. We will continue to see commercialization of variants until artists are seen as people and not a product. We will continue to see the exploitation of music in the form of mass consumer product ranges until we start to understand the perspectives of artists and stop pitting them against each other because they're an x, y, z darling. 

Truthfully tell me Gaga today would not trade all 13 of her Grammys if it meant Sarah Tanno wouldn't get harassed anymore on Instagram. If Bloodpop stopped getting harassed. If it meant Gaga could quietly work on music for several years on her own terms in private and not be harassed about it at every outing. If it meant she could go to a pizza shop with Michael without being photographed. If it meant a collaborator could post something involving her and they wouldn't get DM'ed 1,000 times about LG8. You can't, because we all know she 1000% would. It's not that she doesn't like having an audience, it's that she doesn't want the audience tethered to her every waking moment of her life. 

• Like 1

monstertoronto

Her PR hook at this point is constant doubling down on the “I’m a random bitch who hates being famous and relatable as one of you” and it seems a lot of her core fanbase still loves it. It’s maybe somewhat similar to early Gaga when she constantly said “I hate money” at every concert.  But I think this will just evolve naturally as she gets more used to fame and as the response to her outspokenness starts being less net positive. 

fede ARTPOP

I still dont understand how she is so lookalike Saoirse Ronan, same name and they’re not family?  :saladga:

now·taw·ree·uhs  bee·uhng

Didymus

So we finally have a person who unproblematically acknowledges that these award shows, though iconic, are rigged, meaningless and annoying and then that person gets bashed for being a brat.

No, she is not a brat. She is just not a sell-out. Apparently that is so uncomfortable for people they would rather just undo her fame than let her hold up her high standard for herself. This is a woman who is selling signed **** at her show with all proceeds going to Palestine. She is a real person with a passion that is in the right place. Shocking to see people trying to punish her for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
Just now, Didymus said:

So we finally have a person who unproblematically acknowledges that these award shows, though iconic, are rigged, meaningless and annoying and then that person gets bashed for being a brat.

No, she is not a brat. She is just not a sell-out. Apparently that is so uncomfortable for people they would rather just undo her fame than let her hold up her high standard for herself. This is a woman who is selling signed **** at her show with all proceeds going to Palestine. She is a real person with a passion that is in the right place. Shocking to see people trying to punish her for it.

No one is trying to punish her and I’m a huge fan but every quote or interview that comes out about her is some pessimistic downtrodden comment. I get it. She blew up over night but it’s getting excessive. I’m a stark defender and will continue to but it’s just getting a lot. 

Didymus
Just now, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

No one is trying to punish her and I’m a huge fan but every quote or interview that comes out about her is some pessimistic downtrodden comment. I get it. She blew up over night but it’s getting excessive. I’m a stark defender and will continue to but it’s just getting a lot. 

And you don't think that has anything to do with publications/accounts highlighting only one part of a whole interview where she's been saying a lot of admirable things too? :billie: People know that her comments about fame generate clicks, likes and discussion. It's clickbait.

I get that it is a lot, but imo that is not her fault or a sign that she is "fake" as plenty of people in this thread are saying. She might realize quickly that this is the downside of doing a lot of  interviews (without media training) these days. But it just shows the sad state of people, even fans, being fickle enough to change their mind about a person just because of one friggin comment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

salty like sodium
10 hours ago, HelloHangoverz said:

it's getting tired i won't lie. i'm sure fame is absolutely maddening but there are many aspects of her job that most normal workers would kill for. would she prefer to run a drive thru for 12 hours or deal with office politics for 40 years? count your blessings. although atp it's starting to look like some sort of marketing strategy. reel them in by repelling them

i do agree. i can understand it must be traumatising to go from being casually known to having people stalk you and harrass you and your family overnight but she's still choosing this life. that's part of what comes with the life. she can always just retire and work at mcdonald's if she'd prefer to ...