question

Exploring MARINA's discography

Head Empty

Featured Posts

Gardevoir
17 minutes ago, bpmMonkey said:

Uff, I love Marina. Got really into her music 10 years ago with Froot. I remember my sister one day said she always thinks of me and my then bf whenever she listens to Blue and how offended I was back then haha

you truly can’t go wrong with any of her music, L+F is one of my favorites of hers, don’t know why so many people dislike it, maybe because the amount of songs, at least that’s what took me back initially, but there are for sure stellar songs on it. 
have funnnnn xx

I think it’s because of the fact that she went more electronic and “commercial?” On L + F,  it I also don’t get the dislike of this album that is happening. I’ve seen her live three times during that tour and live it was even better than studio.

Edited by Gardevoir
Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Head Empty

Listened to The Family Jewels now and enjoy almost all of it :firega:. My only note so far is that some tracks sound a little 'same-sy', which makes a few blend together.

That said, my favorites are probably (in no particular order):

•  Numb
•  Are You Satisfied?
•  Oh No!
•  Mowgli's Road
•  Shampain

Gonna have to give the entire album a second listen because I got interrupted a bunch halfway through the album :grr:

But first I'll probably listen to Electra Heart on my drive home later today :cheeky:

Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ‎ ᵃˢˢ 🕺
  • Like 2

AndiGaga
3 minutes ago, Head Empty said:

Listened to The Family Jewels now and enjoy almost all of it :firega:. My only note so far is that some tracks sound a little 'same-sy', which makes a few blend together.

That said, my favorites are probably (in no particular order):

•  Numb
•  Are You Satisfied?
•  Oh No!
•  Mowgli's Road
•  Shampain

Gonna have to give the entire album a second listen because I got interrupted a bunch halfway through the album :grr:

But first I'll probably listen to Electra Heart on my drive home later today :cheeky:

Love to hear from your experience!! Tell me how you liked 'Happy' when you listend to it

Mother of Puppies

I love

Blue

Savages

power & control

and I’m sure I forgot a ton (I’ll edit later)

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

KennyRichie

I absolutely adore Marina🍒🍇. Try Froot, Disconnect, all Electra Heart is pop at its best, Karma, End of the Earth, Man’s World… 

Tarl69gp
35 minutes ago, Mother of Puppies said:

I love

Blue

Savages

power & control

and I’m sure I forgot a ton (I’ll edit later)

These are actually my 3 favorite Diamondis tracks (minus Savages but still forward thinking lyrics)! Elektra Heart album is the most incredible concept album! She hated the recording process but you can’t tell! Idol Teen is lyrically mic dropping.

TArL

• YAAAS 1

Lucas

I'd say just listen in chronological order :laughga: As mentionned by other people, her discography has a lot of songs that are very different from each other. She definitely has stronger and weaker albums as well so just go for it all and find what you love!

Lizzie

Valley of the Dolls is one of my fav songs EVER. 100% recommend it. :heart:

you're on your own kid, yeah you can face this!
  • YAAAS 1

Head Empty

Electra Heart was a bit hit/miss for me :ohno:

LOVE these:
- Bubblegum Bitch
- Primadonna
- Teen Idle
- Valley of the Dolls

Really like these:
- Homewrecker
- Sex Yeah
- Fear and Loathing

The rest didn't do much for me :kry:

Definitely gonna put those first four songs into rotation but I'm not sure if this is my thing as an album. The production is VERY much a product of its time, and I feel like it sometimes overshadows her own unique style.

Edited by Head Empty
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Head Empty

I'm really excited for FROOT and Ancient Dreams.

FROOT because it was such a big hit on Gagadaily when it was released, but I completely dismissed it at the time :smh:. I love the title track though and apparanty I added Blue to my Spotify once, but I can't remember how it sounds.

Ancient Dreams is still my favorite song by her so far and I'm getting excited about y'all recommending Purge The Poison.

Will probably listen to FROOT tomorrow.

Edited by Head Empty

Healed My Heart

Don't discount Love + Fear until you've tried it :fatcat: Everyone seems to hate that album but I personally love a lot of tracks on it!

She/her 💗💜💙

Head Empty
10 minutes ago, Healed My Heart said:

Don't discount Love + Fear until you've tried it :fatcat: Everyone seems to hate that album but I personally love a lot of tracks on it!

Don't worry, I'm definitely giving it a try :enigma:

• Love 1

fishinmyhair

I mean, Electra Heart is iconic and the obvious choice to start with... 

Froot is good... The title track is literally unbelievable, but the rest is a bit hit-or-miss.