84 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still hyped for JFAD?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

Honestly I’m not :icant:

Reading the reviews and possible behind the scenes drama + the trailers don’t seem interesting at all. :brat:

Im still gonna go opening day to give Mother her coins (projections were drastically lowered :enigma:) but won’t do anything outside of that :stupidoreo:

• Sad 1

HelloHangoverz

Due to it coinciding with LG7 and the lead release I'm afraid I see it as something to just get out of the way until we get to LG7 atp....I'm sure I'll love it and will be pleasantly surprised but....ugh i want music. if anything i'm more hyped for the soundtrack

Edited by HelloHangoverz
`${'📅' * 5}`.repeat(10) + ' Batman!';
  • Love 1

A Very Gaga Holida

With LG7 around the corner, I kinda see it like I used to see Machete Kills at the beginning of the ARTPOP era. I’m excited for the red carpet looks etc. though.

Edited by A Very Gaga Holida
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

killme89

Yes I’m a huge fan of the first one and even if Gaga wasn’t Involved I’d still want to go see it 

• Like 8

Reality

The reviews shouldn't have changed y'all's opinions IMHO. We knew going into the film that it was probably going to be just as divisive—if not more so—than the first Joker.

I've been incredibly hyped for this movie. The first one is one of my favorite comic book films of all time and regardless of Gaga and the musical elements, I would've gone to see a sequel anyway. Gaga and the musical stuff were icing on top for me. I never would've imagined two of my greatest interests (Gaga and comic books) would clash in any way, so this is all a dream come true for me :)

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 5

Ivy

Yes ofc!!

There are a lot of good reviews, there was one that said it's a masterpiece :tony:

Why would I listen that much to critics anyway, they also didn't like ARTPOP which is one of my favorite albums ever..

I'm super excited especially because I think it was Gaga's dream come true to act in a movie like this 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

Fck I luv Art

Honestly at this point, I don't care abt the scenario bc some critics said things that I don't initially wanted to see but anyway Harley's new iteration still hype me. (Sure I also want to watch it bc I'm curious to see Mother Monster cooks) :kiss:

Joaquin and Gaga's acting seems great, visuals seems beautiful and the music will be awesome. :holdmyhand:

I hope the gp will appreciate it too. 🤞

Baguette, Croissant and LG7 !! 👽👹🖤

Agunimon

I was never excited about it. I simply do not care about her acting career and mostly view it as an inconvenience as a music consumer wanting new music. Obviously it's her career and I wish her all the success in whatever she does. I will be waiting. 

Edited by Agunimon
  • Like 1

mamo

I was very much looking forward to it and I have my tickets booked already however upon seeing the reviews and also learning that Gaga's portrayal of Harley isn't featured as a lead, my excitement has dwindled ever so slightly. 

I liked the first Joker but I wasn't in love. In my mind I hoped this film would explore the dynamic between Joker and Harley more in depth given how it's been advertised but it seems her character is only a plot device. I genuinely thought this film would be "Mad Love" explored in a more darker/gritty context but it appears to be more of a courtroom drama. I'll truly see how I feel once I've watched it!

Side-note: Why even call it Folie á Deux (Shared madness) if the madness isn't even equally shared on screen?  

Edited by mamo
you can serve it to me ancient city style...
  • Like 1

Fck I luv Art
8 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Absolutely and double hyped as a DC fan. They can't rain on my parade :vegas:

I'm not what we can call a fan but I actually readed and liked some comics like the ones by Alan Moore, I readed some BLACK DC label comics like and I watched Batman serie by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm. :cheeky:

Baguette, Croissant and LG7 !! 👽👹🖤
  • YAAAS 1

Catnikko

Not really but not because of anything relevant just bc idk when or who i can see it/with :air: 

edit: by not really i mean yes but by the time i see it it will be post-LG7 S1 so im excited for that first

Edited by Catnikko
Dance in the shadow of the meow

Modern Ecstasy2

Yes, even if Gaga wasn’t in it, I would still be watching it 

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

CautiousLurker

I wasn't all that hyped in the first place - I don't like Todd Phillips - him ranting about how you can't make any comedies anymore because of the 'wokes' and proceeding to make a character that was wholly embraced by incels really put me off of his work. I'm still probably going to check it out once it comes to streaming, but I'm fully in LG7 hype mode now :firega:

Edited by CautiousLurker
Men are naturally more dominating, aggressive, and logical thinking because we have balls.
  • Like 1

Morphine Prince

Yes, loved the first movie and even if Gaga wasn’t in this I’d be going to theaters to see this one. 

Reviews shouldn’t hold that much weight for when deciding if to see a movie which you know you’re inclined to like. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2