Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
music news

‘I’m His, He’s Mine’ debuts w/ 38k streams (partial)

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Starmie25
1 hour ago, ALGAYDO said:

I loved it at first, but after finding out it’s a blatant and direct copy of an older song, I just can’t bare to listen to it anymore lol 

Is it this one by Dagny? 

I believe she was given a slight credit, so it should be ok on both ends.

• Love 1

ALGAYDO
2 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

Is it this one by Dagny? 

Omg yes, lemme go add this to my music library real quick lol

and if I remember correctly, Dagny wasn’t originally given any credits whatsoever. It wasn’t until backlash ensued a few weeks after the release of NRO that Katy’s team decided to give credit 

Starmie25
31 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Omg yes, lemme go add this to my music library real quick lol

Add "Backbeat" too :tony:

I wouldn't fixate on it too much bro. Don't think it was a serious credit issue. Pretty sure both parties (label) handled it 🤝 accordingly during NRO release. 

Edited by Starmie25
  • Like 1

JustTea
3 hours ago, RochestrMonstr said:

Lies! 

I’ll take NRO over any of her singles from PRISM or Witness

CTTR and even TIHWD are miles better... :billie:

RochestrMonstr
3 minutes ago, JustTea said:

CTTR and even TIHWD are miles better... :billie:

CTTR is actually pretty close I will say

FATCAT
1 hour ago, Starmie25 said:

Is it this one by Dagny? 

wow, I wasn't expecting it to sound almost identical

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Starmie25

I'm still stumped she retreated back to Dr. Luke. Katy proved she can have success and an artistic identity without him. People give flack to her last 2 albums, but those songs did have moderate success in different countries and obviously, on tiktok - CTTR, NRO, Harley's, Feels.

Edited by Starmie25

Nathaniel Arven

i love cry about it later, smile (funny katy), nro (the pace)... katy has a lot of potential. but she's has no clue what her strengh are and she is maninpulated by her team. I hate her team at this point they hate her so much (i think it's because shes sa simple gurl, goofy and she just like... Is not the epitome of a prententious high hat person. Like those industry persons must think they are. I think we have a genuine person being taken advantage of on so many levels. Except she doesn't have great parents to support and protect her.

Let's make it clear. I despise her so much for working with DrPuke. But I think she's a victim too... Maybe i'm wrong. I don't think she's in a good place. 

SimonBaetens

I gave it a chance and lasted 30 seconds. I don't hate Katy but it's just really bad.

when you're lonely, I'll be lonely too / https://www.last.fm/user/SimonBaetens

OliviaRodrigoStan

NNNNNNNNNNNN, and it's objectively better than the other two singles :sis:. Should've been the lead TBH, "Woman's World" video and lyrics cursed the release, and set the tone for the rest of the era :madge:

HEART OF EVER-FROST

GagaTheExplorer
14 hours ago, Starmie25 said:

I'm still stumped she retreated back to Dr. Luke. Katy proved she can have success and an artistic identity without him. People give flack to her last 2 albums, but those songs did have moderate success in different countries and obviously, on tiktok - CTTR, NRO, Harley's, Feels.

She clearly worked with him with the hope of a little revival of her Teenage Dream success

She's craving that feeling and it shows, it's very sad and tragic because people were genuinely here and ready to love her again before finding out Dr Luke was the mind behind her new album and most importante, before she released that atrocious lead single

That really put an end to her pop star career for good

• Like 1

LateToCult

Amazing how an era can be over a whole week before the album drops. A trailblazer. Truly. 

Sneaky Oliver

This is weird, I mean where are her fans? Even though she’s not smashing, she has a big fanbase. It’s not possible that even her fans didn’t care to stream the song on its debut day

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden