music news

‘I’m His, He’s Mine’ debuts w/ 38k streams (partial)

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Shyane
9 minutes ago, moonsago said:

The 2019 droplets were not all flops even, NRO peaked at 15 on BB100 and crossed over 700M streams on Spotify and HIH also went viral and has hundreds of millions of streams too. She really fumbled because NRO is an AMAZING pop song and could have been a bigger hit had she promoted it but her team and her wanted instant success so when a droplet didn’t immediatly smash, they moved on to the next. Mess. Smile is not even a bad pop album, overall as a project it’s one of her strongest ones with b-sides better than the ones on Teenage Dream IMO. She could have made a strong return back then but they made ALL the wrong decisions and it seems like they are not too. I don’t get it, they marketed her SO WELL her first few albums…

NRO is a very good song. So far on 143, I have not heard any song close to NRO's level.

• Like 3

moonsago
11 minutes ago, Shyane said:

NRO is a very good song. So far on 143, I have not heard any song close to NRO's level.

NRO is one of her best singles yet and yes, I don’t expect anything on 143 to be close to that level of pop perfection either…

• Like 1

LG2008
43 minutes ago, moonsago said:

The 2019 droplets were not all flops even, NRO peaked at 15 on BB100 and crossed over 700M streams on Spotify and HIH also went viral and has hundreds of millions of streams too. She really fumbled because NRO is an AMAZING pop song and could have been a bigger hit had she promoted it but her team and her wanted instant success so when a droplet didn’t immediatly smash, they moved on to the next. Mess. Smile is not even a bad pop album, overall as a project it’s one of her strongest ones with b-sides better than the ones on Teenage Dream IMO. She could have made a strong return back then but they made ALL the wrong decisions and it seems like they are not too. I don’t get it, they marketed her SO WELL her first few albums…

I agree... I meant Small Talk 😅 and HIH became viral years after. It flopped when it was released. Good song, tho.

And yes, she should've promote NRO more and maybe even made it the lead... It was a messy year for her but she went and made the same mistakes and worse after that

I really enjoyed Smile but they made bad decisions... She promoted it a lot but I think the public wasn't interested in what she was offering. That album has a bunch of good songs and I really enjoyed the animated videos she released

Edited by LG2008
  • Thanks 1

JustTea
46 minutes ago, Shyane said:

NRO is one of her worst, idk what u all smokin... :bear:

• Like 2
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 2

Versace

Ugh this is hands down her worst singles lineup from an album. 

I bet we’re gonna listen to the album and even if it ends up being bad, there will still likely be way better choices for singles on there and its gonna make this situation even more self sabotaging than it already is. 

Squidward T

She is doing bad because the music is bad, dated and rips off beats of other songs. I’m his, he’s mine basically sounds like a song from 2014 and rips off another’s songs melodies. Add to the fact that she can’t even denounce working with dr luke. It’s just sad at this point. 

• Like 1

27monster27

I'm so happy to see these Smile comments. It's a solid album for sure that was promoted incorrectly, a trend for her that started with Prism. Prism should've been promoted as an artistic breakthrough a la Wide Awake with a different track list. Witness should've had better singles, and maybe release the "original" album in 2017, then include the post-election songs on a re-release for 2018. Smile needed a solid start, none of the "I'm not sure if I'm gonna make an album yet" mess. Then do better singles like Champagne Problems (disco trend) and Cry About It Later.

he/him/his
  • Thanks 1

Shyane
11 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

I'm so happy to see these Smile comments. It's a solid album for sure that was promoted incorrectly, a trend for her that started with Prism. Prism should've been promoted as an artistic breakthrough a la Wide Awake with a different track list. Witness should've had better singles, and maybe release the "original" album in 2017, then include the post-election songs on a re-release for 2018. Smile needed a solid start, none of the "I'm not sure if I'm gonna make an album yet" mess. Then do better singles like Champagne Problems (disco trend) and Cry About It Later.

I won't say it's a solid album. Really the only great song is NRO. I love Never Worn White too. but I don't like the rest. even the tiktok hit HIH is not my taste.

KennyRichie

I have helped Woman’s World with four plays since its release, lifetimes around 1 or 2 :vegas:

Die With A Smile 255 :staymad:

• YAAAS 2

RochestrMonstr
1 hour ago, JustTea said:

Lies! 

I’ll take NRO over any of her singles from PRISM or Witness

Anderson123

Never Really Over is not that bad (not my cup of tea) and it was her attempt to make a "Teenage Dream" type of pop song with other producer, which sounds actually closer to that than whatever she's been doing with 143. Smile also came out in August 2020, a time during the pandemic where NO ONE cared about music or movies, people were too depressed trying to survive COVID. The only stuff I liked from that was Cry About It Later and Teary Eyes but other than that it sounds like a bunch of stuff she did with several producers to try to find the sound she was looking for. Just a bad album released at a bad time.

Edited by Anderson123

ALGAYDO
3 hours ago, JustTea said:

I loved it at first, but after finding out it’s a blatant and direct copy of an older song, I just can’t bare to listen to it anymore lol