💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Is DWAS part of the Joker soundtrack?

thedirtymonster

Featured Posts

thedirtymonster

Ok, maybe I’m late to this thought, but Die With A Smile totally fits the whole joker theme. Could it be a part of the soundtrack? He literally paints a smile on his face, and this movie is clearly going to be a love story. Am I the only one thinking this or am I late to this party? It does seem kind of odd that Gaga and Bruno would just release a single with no project attached, right?

Maybe I’m overthinking things…or maybe it’s a song that was cut from the soundtrack and Gaga thought it was too good not to release and did her own thing with Bruno?

King of the Fall

No, Bruno was already working on the song and decided to call Gaga up and see if she wanted to be on it 

Edited by King of the Fall
He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite

Didymus

I think it is essentially unrelated but Interscope took the opportunity to link it to the movie in everyone's minds anyway so the promo could reinforce each other. I mean, every single time the song plays on the radio here, the presenter finds a way to mention Joker also, it just seems intentional.

I think though the Joker soundtrack will be good in its own way, the songs won't be talked about anywhere near the level of ASIB, and Interscope wanted to take the opportunity of this movie being a thing to have a sort-of-unrelated-but-still-attached mini hit movie era, 'cause those tend to do well for Gaga: she can try something completely different from her regular soundscape and the audience will reward her for it because of the unique promo window vs. if she'd just release this collab out of nowhere in the middle of a dry spell.

• Like 1