life

Gaga Confirms The Facebook Hate Group Was Real

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Ivy

I definitely believe it could be real but someone said facebook groups didn't exist until she was already famous? I didn't investigate :cheeky:

NATAH
6 minutes ago, Ivy said:

I definitely believe it could be real but someone said facebook groups didn't exist until she was already famous? I didn't investigate :cheeky:

facebook groups feature existed exclusively for college students years before its public release in 2010

mother, what must i do?
  • Thanks 1

HelloHangoverz
4 hours ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

As an ancient monster who lived through the rise and fall of Facebook, there was a period where people made groups on there for sh*t like this ALL THE TIME. I know it seems over the top or hard to believe now, but Facebook was basically the only major social media platform back then and we used it for joke/snark groups like this, to organize and invite people to parties and events... and it was all VERY unmoderated.

2009/2010 Facebook was a TRENCH

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • Like 1

cherrypie5

I didn't believe this was real either, but now I do! Here's some evidence besides her comment:

As far as I can tell, this is the first time the group was mentioned: https://theworld.org/stories/2016/01/17/when-they-dissed-future-lady-Gaga it's an article from someone who says they saw it at the time.

Facebook groups were in fact made back then. I was surprised to find this facebook group from April 2005 (!) still up: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2200693957/about . If she had a support group I can totally believe there was a hate group too!

The screenshots that go around are just fan-made though, I don't think there's any real record of the group anymore.