question

VMAs Tragedy

ThePerfectCure

Featured Posts

ThePerfectCure

I genuinely do not want to be mean but what the hell is going on? Is it just me or this whole VMAs has been one of the worst! How has MTV let their award show get so damn boring? Anyone who says it was the same 15 years ago is lying. The VMAs used to be an EVENT!!! This whole night besides Katy (even with her problems) has been a total waste of time, money, and space, excluding real artists making real VIDEOS. What the hell has happened to the industry. Our fave says she likes all the new girls (which is extremely generous) but we all know that none of them can compare at ALL even to the one hit wonders we had ten or so years back. Is it just me or this whole night has been twerking, lipsyncing, and Taylor?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Gagaism

It’s been like that for a long time now, I feel like we as Pop stans just keep our faith for something remarkable again at some point. 

• Like 3

Plastic Flower

I feel like this is so dramatic. Past years have been way more boring than this one and they had some actually good performances. The last good year was 2013.

Drop it
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

VTV

They all lack personality and presence.

All it is now is just clout platform. Artistry and drama is dead.

The Lady and the Legend coming soon.
  • Like 1

ThePerfectCure
4 minutes ago, NewUsername said:

Uhm, have you seen the absolute slayage by Chappell, though?

She may have somewhat slayed but it was just ok. And tbh I’m a gay man and I have no ideas why she’s so huge in our community. Drag inspiration? Ok but what else? Her music is mediocre at best. How dare people compare her to LG? And her performance tonight gave me BTWB Government Hooker vibes, just saying.

• Like 5
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 1

Tom Nook
2 minutes ago, ThePerfectCure said:

She may have somewhat slayed but it was just ok. And tbh I’m a gay man and I have no ideas why she’s so huge in our community. Drag inspiration? Ok but what else? Her music is mediocre at best. How dare people compare her to LG? And her performance tonight gave me BTWB Government Hooker vibes, just saying.

She’s the next generation of pop performers as was Gaga and Madonna before her deal with it :ohwell:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Gagaism
16 minutes ago, NewUsername said:

Uhm, have you seen the absolute slayage by Chappell, though?

4 minutes ago, Tom Nook said:

She’s the next generation of pop performers as was Gaga and Madonna before her deal with it :ohwell:

I’m sorry you guys, she was great but still a lot to get to Madonna or Gaga’s level of performance. 

edit: I mean, she’s got talent but most of her performance was the visuals, that castle was actually really good. I think ppl are starting to get way too overhyped by her and shes just came. 

Edited by Gagaism
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NewUsername
7 minutes ago, ThePerfectCure said:

1 minute ago, Gagaism said:

I’m sorry you guys, she was great but still a lot to get to Madonna or Gaga’s level of performance. 

Well, I agree that it was not at their level, but almost nobody else is, so.

Reject False Icons

I more or less agree, It feels like nothing is surprising or not memorable, the ones who play it safe book the biggest gigs and the ones who risk it don’t get any funding 

Pop music nowadays feels like throwing spaghetti to the wall and wait for what sticks

Edited by Reject False Icons
  • Like 1

Ladle Ghoulash
9 minutes ago, ThePerfectCure said:

Probably because she has a great aesthetic, great stage presence, great songwriter, great vocalist 

• Thanks 1

Tom Nook
Just now, Gagaism said:

Excuse me she was absolutely phenomenal the choreography was simply divine, and true trail blazer in performance and theatrics she is the next Reina of Pop :heart:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...
  • LMAO 1

Gagaism
1 minute ago, Tom Nook said:

Excuse me she was absolutely phenomenal the choreography was simply divine, and true trail blazer in performance and theatrics she is the next Reina of Pop :heart:

lol ok