đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

music news

Katy Perry has won Most Iconic Performance at the VMAs

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Real Panda
3 minutes ago, bionic said:

arguably its the only one we're talking about today

Because it won Most Iconic Performance when barely anyone remembers it, not because it was iconic. 

• Like 1

ImMatt

If the award was "panel voted" like the Grammys or Oscars, I'd understand. But "fan voted"???!? Yeah. That's fraudulent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MACATL

LOL shows you how fake these awards are.  She “won” because she was already there.  That’s it.  Honest to God I had no idea she ever even performed that song on the VMA’s.  And also, Katy is simply not an “iconic” performer.  She can record great pop songs, but perform?  No.  

The only possible winner of this category is Madonna, Britney and Christina.  Maybe even Like and Virgin.  Gaga would be next.   

Edited by MACATL
  • Like 2

Real Panda

I feel so bad for Katy, she decreased even on the day of the VMAs. She actually got better streams the day before the VMAs. :ohno:

Spotify Daily —Top Artists Global (09/11):

#17 (=) Lady Gaga *peak #15*

#79 (-2) Katy Perry *peak #43*

Edited by Real Panda

faysalaaa

This is so sad, like I wouldnt even accept it if I was her, and I would pull a Kanye moment on myself! She doesnt even deserve the nomination!

faysalaaa
1 hour ago, MACATL said:

LOL shows you how fake these awards are.  She “won” because she was already there.  That’s it.  Honest to God I had no idea she ever even performed that song on the VMA’s.  And also, Katy is simply not an “iconic” performer.  She can record great pop songs, but perform?  No.  

The only possible winner of this category is Madonna, Britney and Christina.  Maybe even Like and Virgin.  Gaga would be next.   

Taylor was there too though

Teletubby
18 minutes ago, Real Panda said:

I feel so bad for Katy, she decreased even on the day of the VMAs. She actually got better streams the day before the VMAs. :ohno:

Spotify Daily —Top Artists Global (09/11):

#17 (=) Lady Gaga *peak #15*

#79 (-2) Katy Perry *peak #43*

it is for day before her performance, Spotify started tracking day for Sept 12 as VMAs started

i ❤️ @Julianlittlem

Real Panda
3 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

it is for day before her performance, Spotify started tracking day for Sept 12 as VMAs started

This was just published. Its already 10:23 AM EST 09/12. These are the streams on 09/11.

https://support.spotify.com/us/artists/article/charts/

"For a daily chart, any song or album live on Spotify before or during a charting day is eligible (12:00 AM - 11:59 PM). Daily charts usually get published before 12 PM EST (4 PM UTC) the day after the chart period."

Nite

I do feel kind of bad for chill nostalgic Katy fans who were just looking forward to a Vanguard performance and then they get this mess :bear: and they have the whole messy era ahead of them still :saladga:

Teletubby
Just now, Real Panda said:

This was just published. Its already 10:23 AM EST 09/12. These are the streams on 09/11.

https://support.spotify.com/us/artists/article/charts/

"For a daily chart, any song or album live on Spotify before or during a charting day is eligible (12:00 AM - 11:59 PM UTC). Daily charts usually get published before 12 PM EST (4 PM UTC) the day after the chart period."

Spotify starts tracking day at 00:00 UTC, VMAs started at 00:00 UTC. there is no VMAs effect on charts yet.

i ❤️ @Julianlittlem