đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

music news

Katy Perry has won Most Iconic Performance at the VMAs

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Poker

This is literally the worst performance out of all the noms. She’s just jumping around. 

Kindness rules all.
  • Thanks 1

Scarlet Witch
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Well, that was unexpected. But the more you think about it, it's totally expected. Katy hasn't won a VMA in years, or any major award for that matter. The Vanguard isn't a typical award seeing as you don't have competition, you're just announced as the recipient that year. Capitol really wanted this era to start with a bang so they bought an actual award for her so she could say she won a VMA during this album cycle. It makes no logical sense that she won against artists with bigger fanbases and currently more successful albums whilst her career is currently in the toilet. Makes the rigged nature of it so blatant and ridiculous. If you're going to buy an award, make it believable. We can add this to the list of the many Katy vs. Gaga moments, up there with California Gurls vs Alejandro, Last Friday Night vs. Judas, Roar vs. Applause, BTWB vs. Prism tour and now Katy buying an award in the same category Gaga was nominated in and (if data is correct) rightfully won, courtesy of fans. In a way, this is even worse than Roar vs. Applause because at least Katy rightfully got more downloads than Gaga and charted better. But here, Gaga got more votes than her and won the whole thing fair and square and Katy stole her earned award. Literal theft.

Oh, that is it. She can forget any hope of Gaga fans finally moving on from from years of animosity and bitterness. Now we really have a reason to hate. Hope the word spreads about this. Looks like her lack of hits isn't the only thing that's going to end her career. Proof that she bought awards mean her goose is cooked.

Let the hate flow

Anderson123

If this award was given by facts rather than fan votes it’d have been like this:

1. Madonna - Like A Virgin

2. Madonna, Britney & Christina

3. Gaga - Paparazzi

4. Eminem 

5. Beyoncé

6. Taylor 

7. Katy

• Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

The Fame Monster

Seems like the VMAs are only handing out awards to people who show up or send in a video message. It’d be a total buzzkill if the winners weren’t even around to accept their awards, right? Katy winning just goes to show how irrelevant the VMAs are nowadays—let’s be real, they kind of are.

Find your freedom in the music
  • Like 1

JustAnotherGayASMR

At least Katy got one thing right tonight is that we all need to touch some grass. Gurl pass me the blunt, I need to enter some ultra high realm to try & get over this sh*t.

music video mv GIF by Lady Gaga

Edited by JustAnotherGayASMR
After all it's just another gay x https://www.youtube.com/@JustAnotherGayASMR

Agunimon

All these awards won't do anything to help people resonate with her upcoming album, especially when you consider the fact that pop gays don't like any of the output from it thus far.

I will say that I was quite impressed with her mashup performance.

Edited by Agunimon

GagaGame

I have seen viral tiktoks for MONTHS on my fyp about how iconic the Paparazzi performance is, HOW IN THE ACTUAL **** DID SHE WIN THIS WHEN I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PERFORMANCE OR SOMEONE TALKING ABOUT IT

I could be your mustang for the weekend
  • Thanks 1

ElectricChapelR

Yeah it's either bots or she desperately paid for both Vanguard and this award in order to save what's left of her career.

Monstermilo

awards shows have really become the biggest joke lol 

theyre giving it to the same people and the least deserving ones lmao