event

2024 MTV Video Music Awards

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Thomas P

That was what I was waiting for

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.
  • YAAAS 1

alsemanche

CHAPPELL KILLEEDDDDD IT :giveup: vocals, staging, performance, everything was perfect. Icon. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 1

andy232000

Boy I miss the days when pop stars would PERFORM and PLAN their shows. I appreciate and think its pretty cool how insanely stylized Chappell’s and Sabrinas performances where. I applaud that they commit to the themes…but the themes have NOTHING to do with the song?? Like what does kissing a alien and space setting or a burning fortress and Joan of Arc have the hell to do with the music? When Gaga did it she would blend her crazy themes with the songs. Like Paparazzi has the bleeding for the paparazzi theme going on. Its something that is equal in commitment to the theme but heavily stylized. These new girls may have the hits, but their performances are too disjointed. They don’t have to be doing all that for a song that talks about being a home wrecker or being in love with a closeted girl.  

It feels like they just meet with their creative team, throw a dart at a rolling wheel and whatever aesthetic it lands on, they plan the performance around it with no regards to wether it is a good fit. And I realize not all performances have to be intelligent or clever metaphors. But seriously, like try a little or at least make it visually appealing for a good reason, not just for show. 

Edited by andy232000
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

27monster27

So this is the Gwen sample! I haven't heard it yet but she definitely did the sample good.

he/him/his
  • YAAAS 2

AnglerfishbraBENUS
9 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

Boy I miss the days when pop stars would PERFORM and PLAN their shows. I appreciate and think its pretty cool how insanely stylized Chappell’s and Sabrinas performances where. I applaud that they commit to the themes…but the themes have NOTHING to do with the song?? Like what does kissing an alien and space setting or a burning fortress and Joan of Arc have the hell to do with the music? When Gaga did it she would blend her crazy themes with the songs. Like Paparazzi has the bleeding for the paparazzi theme going on. Its something that is equal in commitment to the theme but heavily stylized. These new girls may have the hits, but their performances are too disjointed. They don’t have to be doing all that for a song that talks about being a home wrecker or being in love with a closeted girl.  

i see you. i think the idea was there - Joan of Arc was tried for heresy (belief or action going against what is generally accepted usually by a religious organization) i think it was commentary on her not wanting to be stalked by fans. Could have linked it to the song better though. “you have to stop the world just to stop the feeling” fits well around the idea of fame at least. 

Sabrina’s was just clever and fun. It also had way more concept that you are giving it credit for and i think more people should reference space and moon men at the VMAs 

• Like 1

BUtterfield 8

I’m sorry but I hate men who have these type of mustaches omfg if you can’t grow a full stache don’t grow one at all…

• Thanks 1

ErickSlayyy

Benson Boone is so hawwwt:lolly:

move over Shawn mendes 

also why is he doing all that flipping LMAOO

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Teletubby
2 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

Who is this hottie announcing?

i ❤️ @Julianlittlem

VTV
2 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

Who is this hottie announcing?

Damiano fro Maneskin

The Lady and the Legend coming soon.
  • YAAAS 1

27monster27

Okay Benson Boone ate. He served vocals, and front+back flips lol. I liked that.

he/him/his
  • Like 2