đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

question

Anyone else disappointed that LG has calmed down when talking about social issues

Monstermilo

Featured Posts

Roland
1 hour ago, lilboyblue said:

No need to make a mountain out of a molehill. People already know Gaga leans Dem. I mean she sang at the Biden / Kamala inauguration, doesn't get more blue than that.

Taylor HAD TO say something because she got dragged into it, (pro-Trump AI, the Mahomes) and she did it impressively.

About Gaza, I'm okay with her not throwing her opinion in because it's such a tricky issue. Maybe she feels she hasn't fully grasped it yet.

She would be destroyed by the pro-Israel lobby. But it's not a tricky issue. America's (i.e. Biden and Kamala's) continued support for Israel is an absolute disgrace. 

Back in June, the Lancet a highly respected medical journal estimated the death toll (direct deaths due to bombs and indirect deaths due to hunger, injuries and disease) to be 186,000 people; that's about 10% of the population of Gaza.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(24)01169-3/fulltext 

• Thanks 1

RenegAde
39 minutes ago, Monstermilo said:

yall love to bring that girls name up when it has nothing to do with her 

ive felt this way for last few years. 

Sorry but the timing of your thread is very interesting. Its also interesting for you to somehow imply that Gaga is silent because a woman of colour potentially has the chance of becoming president.

Are you forgetting or simply ignoring the fact that Gaga heavily campaigned for the said woman of colour to take office as VP in the first place? When everyone was silent? Kamala is an extension of bidens administration and Gaga alligence is unquestionable.

I hope Gaga stays silent so yall can't seethe and move to other things . Also hope the mods lock this overflogged discourse. 

Edited by RenegAde
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Levine

No, I'm fine.

As others said, she literally exposed herself during the biden campaign, it's not like she can do the same things over and over again. 

And then the drags and the lashings she gets every single time she has expressed something about a social issue. Even some monsters had dragged her in the past.

lilboyblue
32 minutes ago, Roland said:

She would be destroyed by the pro-Israel lobby. But it's not a tricky issue. America's (i.e. Biden and Kamala's) continued support for Israel is an absolute disgrace. 

Back in June, the Lancet a highly respected medical journal estimated the death toll (direct deaths due to bombs and indirect deaths due to hunger, injuries and disease) to be 186,000 people; that's about 10% of the population of Gaza.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(24)01169-3/fulltext 

Point taken. 

Gorehound

Honestly I’m kinda glad she’s quieter on that front, cuz (not to sound ignorant) I feel social outrage and cancel culture is at an all time high and political correctness has hit levels of extremism. So I feel that no matter what she says, and no matter the good intensions, she’ll be vilified and bullied by one side or the other. The consequences for being outspoken atm are completely blown out of proportion.

I think Gaga, being the intelligent queen she is, is keeping her political side quieter until the world is ready to have these convocations in a more mature and calm way without the hysteria, for the sake of her own peace.

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta
  • Thanks 2

Didymus
1 hour ago, RenegAde said:

The fact that there's a list of celebs who havnt called for a ceasefire is ridiculous.  Are celebrities really the center of some people lives.? 

Social media is for promoting businesses not for ending wars. Yall just want her to put up some BS politically correct statement to satisfy you when that's not going to do anything for the people who really need help.

I love that When she finally spoke up about BLM it was because she found a way to actually help in a meaningful way .

Ok, would we have said that about all of her LGBT+ activism too? :rip: No.

I agree that she doesn't have to say anything but this is exactly the problem she might have reflected on: she vocally promoted Biden and now that same Biden and his staff are mercilessly dropping bombs on kids and demonizing people who protest against it.

When you speak out about something, people expect continuity and consistency. Gaga made a statement about the war in Syria and everyone loved her for that because she was part of a string of celebs who were clearly steered by their teams to share their "heartfelt concerns".

But when violence breaks out in a way that is underrepresented by the media and we need public figures to help spread information and balance in the face of systematic downplaying and propaganda like we are experiencing now, only very few celebs dare to speak out and they often do it at a cost. That's commendable and worthy of respect, because it's not easy and actually moves things and mobilizes people in a way that is not already mainstream.

So, yes, I agree: it's better if celebs find a way to meaningfully help. And that is very much possible with the war in Gaza, as we've seen with plenty of other celebrities. So I don't like this selective "well, she can't do anything so why say anything??" defense mechanism, especially about an ongoing genocide.

• Like 1

RenegAde
54 minutes ago, Didymus said:

But when violence breaks out in a way that is underrepresented by the media and we need public figures to help spread information and balance in the face of systematic downplaying and propaganda like we are experiencing now, only very few celebs dare to speak out and they often do it at a cost. That's commendable and worthy of respect, because it's not easy and actually moves things and mobilizes people in a way that is not already mainstream.

Dont we have trained journalists, reporters, international organisations and credible news stations who actually do a better job at clarifying propaganda and spreading factual information?. We dont need celebrities pandering and potentially spreading misinformation in the process.

The Palestine conflict is already a trending issue capturing global attention and even though it still needs continous attention, Realistically a Lady Gaga post is going to do nothing in that regard in 2024 apart from gratifying her fans.People that really care about the genocide know where to find their info and its not on lady gagas page.

Also on Gagas lgbt activism. It was backed with music that raised an entire generation of queer kid's and speeches at the white House which essentially alienated her from mainstream music. Gaga never just flaps her gums on social media.

Edited by RenegAde
  • Thanks 1

Helxig

She doesn't want to stir the pot with Fox-News-Daddy at home

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • LMAO 1

Reginald

With GaR being a co-chair of Biden's Arts and Humanities Committee, I think her endorsement is implied, but she'll probably announce it soon. 

Didymus
1 hour ago, RenegAde said:

Dont we have trained journalists, reporters, international organisations and credible news stations who actually do a better job at clarifying propaganda and spreading factual information?. We dont need celebrities pandering and potentially spreading misinformation in the process.

The Palestine conflict is already a trending issue capturing global attention and even though it still needs continous attention, Realistically a Lady Gaga post is going to do nothing in that regard in 2024 apart from gratifying her fans.People that really care about the genocide know where to find their info and its not on lady gagas page.

They do a better job at clarifying propaganda but not spreading factual information. And, yes, the conflict is a "trending issue" now BECAUSE celebrities have spoken up about it consistently over the last few years... You're painting a half picture. The current momentum is actually an argument for celebrities speaking out, as mainstream media generally does not allow for a lot of public debate, especially on social media.

You may be right about her being too late in 2024 but I have to disagree with that too. She could add her voice to the stream of people voting for Kamala and demanding she listens to her voters on this issue.

Anyway, you've clearly made up your mind about it and that's fine. I just think it's a real failure of imagination to conclude so casually that there's nothing one of the most famous people in the world could theoretically do to further a cause. Laughably untrue.

Decodekid

Idc if I’m wrong but honestly if she’s done doing that good for her tbh. Being Lady Gaga is political enough already, she’s done enough. It must be tiring to deal with social media nowadays :triggered:

Long Live Gretchen

FreedomInTheMusic

Let’s be real. Anyone who would listen to a Lady Gaga endorsement for President was never going to vote for Trump in the first place

Elohim
26 minutes ago, FreedomInTheMusic said:

Let’s be real. Anyone who would listen to a Lady Gaga endorsement for President was never going to vote for Trump in the first place

It might be shocking fir some of you on this forum, but people are actually listening to music not based on their political views :river: I know, I know.. it is shocking, let it sink in…

anyways she like Taylor’s post, and it is obvious she’s voting dem