💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Anyone else disappointed that LG has calmed down when talking about social issues

Monstermilo

Featured Posts

Monstermilo

Im kinda scratching my head why she hasnt endorsed Kamala (she endorsed hillary and biden and even went to perform on various occasions for them, now that its a woman of color whos gotten the closest to winning it feels weird), and she hasnt spoken out about the genocide happening in Gaza.... 

one of the reasons i fell in love with her was she was so ferociously outspoken when it came to issues and it was genuine - seems like shes gotten out of touch with that side of herself. 

it doesnt take much to post one thing about serious issues. 

• Like 4

Arcanum

She literally sang for Biden's inauguration in front of all Americans wearing a bulletproof vest. She is the singing image of democrats.

It's like asking "Why is my chicken not laying eggs now as we speak?"

Sometimes chicken is ready. Just not now though!

It will happen. She will do it in the next weeks.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

lilboyblue

No need to make a mountain out of a molehill. People already know Gaga leans Dem. I mean she sang at the Biden / Kamala inauguration, doesn't get more blue than that.

Taylor HAD TO say something because she got dragged into it, (pro-Trump AI, the Mahomes) and she did it impressively.

About Gaza, I'm okay with her not throwing her opinion in because it's such a tricky issue. Maybe she feels she hasn't fully grasped it yet.

• Like 6

Leblanc

Personally I'm completely opposite, I would rather she stay out of these hot topic debates. While I do still love many things about her, a while ago I realised she kinda fell into category of people who get so rich they kinda lose touch with regular life for most of the world. So I just don't expect her or many of the Hollywood elite to have the right takes. Most of what they say or do is for show anyway.

Edited by Leblanc
I always let the good ones go
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

NATAH

not really no, cus it seems unless you have the perfect hits-every-base statement, the chronically online purposely look for faults in your words despite being on their side

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 10

pussycat

Let her live. No one is bound to the online image people take them for. She may not talk about it online, but you don’t know what she has done in private. All people do is complain honestly. She was too political last time, now she’s not political enough. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

River

Every time she said something, she was dragged by the same people she showed support to.

Remember that BLM tweet? everyone kinda forced her to tweetone, she did after a few days and then didn't say the "right" words and got dragged.

Some gays literally hated her for BTW and for her support for LGBTQ+, some even went far to question her bisexuality.

It takes a lot from her mentally to post these kind of thing and I understand why she doesn't do it anymore.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Scarlet Witch

I mean hasn't it been obvious that she's on the side of the dems? It's not ambiguous at all.

• Thanks 3

Didymus

My guess is she experienced a massive disillusion regarding American politics. For a few years she was very politically active regarding sexual assault, mental health, Biden, COVID,.. and I think she has reflected on that and concluded she doesn't want to be that publicly active with these things anymore.

In general, her appearances have been more toned down and grounded, which is good. When she was promoting HOG I was like... is this person manic? She was all over the place. Her promoting Joker feels diametrically opposed to that, so I think she's gone through a personal transformation and it feels healthy and good for her tbh.

• Like 2

Tinnitus15

Not a single day passes by when her fans still try to  doubt her. Also someone who has contacts with her and so on, told in a gc that her joker contract doesn’t allow her to get political during the film campaign(don’t know if it’s 100% confirmed but still) I think if she has the chance she’ll speak about it. She’s always done it. I trust her 

• Like 2

SlowLoris

I think it's what happens when you get comfortable being mega rich for so long.  I mean, I guess plenty of other rich people have "endorsed Kamala", but let's be real.... Very little of those super wealthy stars are actually involved in politics outside of claiming support for a president every 4 years

Edited by SlowLoris
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

faysalaaa

It seems like fame and being an activist starting to effect her. Even her relationship with her fans seem to negatively effect her. She needs to take care of herself first if she feels shes not capable of mentally being an activist at the moment.

Keep in mind shes still doing activism in different ways, and she still talks about it, but not as aggressive as before. Yet people keep wanting more, and are willing to make accusations like shes rich and only cares about money lol

Edited by faysalaaa
  • Like 1

The Fame Monster

I think Gaga has become more cautious about when she speaks out on issues. But when she does, it still feels just as powerful to me as before, perhaps just expressed in a more mature way.

Find your freedom in the music
  • Like 4

faysalaaa
1 minute ago, SlowLoris said:

I think it's what happens when you get comfortable being mega rich for so long.  I mean, I guess plenty of other rich people have "endorsed Kamala", but let's be real.... Very little of those super wealthy stars are actually involved in politics outside of claiming support for a president every 4 years

But poor people are?