celeb

'A Star Is Born' Chappell Roan for Rolling Stone

Teletubby

Featured Posts

RAMROD
20 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

How exactly is it a salty thing to say Chapell isn't the next Gaga? Both artists are unique and their own, we don't need to compare new artists to Gaga as if its some benchmark. Just let them be. Chappel isn't Gaga and that isn't a bad thing. 

Except this user had been repeatedly going into threads about Chappell to say the same thing. It is clear they just don like Chappell and wanna drag her down. A pretty toxic obsession for someone if you ask me :brat:

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 5
  • Shook 1

Decodekid
1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

Katy Perry told her to never read the comments. 

Of course she did 

Long Live Gretchen
  • LMAO 5

Bronco
23 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Fellow stars have reached out to see if she’s OK. Charli XCX was one of the first to do so, even during her big Brat summer. Eilish has been keeping tabs on Roan and says “Good Luck, Babe!” is her favorite song of the year (even if Roan forgets to text her back). Hayley Williams DM’d her, offering to chat with Roan anytime (“Hayley Williams is the strongest bitch ever,” Roan says). Katy Perry told her to never read the comments. Lorde gave her a helpful list of things to do at an airport to fly under the radar. The band Muna hosted her for dinner. Miley Cyrus invited her to a party. Lady Gaga has passed along her phone number, though Roan has been too nervous to text or call. Roan went on walks and grabbed coffees with Lucy Dacus and Julien Baker. Their boygenius bandmate Phoebe Bridgers came over to Roan’s just to hang, commiserating on how fandom behavior has become increasingly “abusive and violent.”

Sabrina Carpenter, who’s also had a shockingly massive year, suggested they meet up and unpack their summers.

Damn, that's an insane list of the pop industry "it" people to have DM'ing you rather than the other way around as a new up and comer. And even Katy Perry reached out 

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1

FATCAT
1 hour ago, Nessun Dorma said:

“Lady Gaga has passed along her phone number”

Honestly I wouldn’t expect any other attitude from Gaga :kara:

She does a lot more of this kind of outreach to young stars than we’ll ever know

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Love 2

Nessun Dorma
26 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

She does a lot more of this kind of outreach to young stars than we’ll ever know

For sure! On that Vogue interview Gaga even cried when she started talking about Chappell, Billie and Charli. This is something that comes from her heart :heart:

• Love 2

phantasmas
2 hours ago, Teletubby said:

FULL_SH24027-RST-08F-IV-RGB-copy.jpg?w=7

"Trolls Doll but then make it fashion" - Tyra Banks 

SHALLOW
2 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

She is highly influenced by Gaga though..her intro is very evocative of the original 2008 The Fame intro and her energy and perf art peices are also very Gaga. I love how she puts her own twist on it. 

Honestly i can't see it. To me she looks like she's more influenced by Drag Queens and gay culture in general. Also her sound is nothing like Gaga's; her songs sound more like something T Swift would release imo. So i really don't get the comparison but glad you found a new artist you like 

• Like 2

SHALLOW
2 hours ago, Edonis said:

No shade because I don't really care for Chapell like that, but let's NOT turn into Liddo Madonsters please. 

It's not the same situation tho. Us LMs don't feel threatened by her. I think comparing them just creates unfairly high expectations for Chappell, given that Gaga is a far more experienced artist. Also their styles are so different and it kinda bothers me that you can't see that. It almost looks like a lot of people genuinely want her to be next Gaga cause the music scene has been so boring. But i really don't think she could be. :huntyga: So it's better to see her for what she actually is, without comparisons

• Like 1

moonsago

Ow she is giving Born This Way MV Gaga, Jo Calderone Gaga AND A Star Is Born Gaga. I do wonder if this is a marketing strategy from her team to try and poke at our fandom like this because baby… these are not coincidences. Maybe they want to create a Gaga vs Chappell moment of some sort with the fans even if Gaga and Chappell do like each other. But you know, for the engagement. Personally, I am living but I know some LMs aren’t and I just hope we don’t become like Madonna fans… please!

moonsago
11 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

Honestly i can't see it. To me she looks like she's more influenced by Drag Queens and gay culture in general. Also her sound is nothing like Gaga's; her songs sound more like something T Swift would release imo. So i really don't get the comparison but glad you found a new artist you like 

I agree, she is far more inspired by Drag Culture, classic drag, than Gaga ever was who went for a more high fashion, avant grade & modern image. As for the music, to me it’s not giving Taylor at all, she’s giving me MAJOR Marina The Familt Jewels vibes… from some of the production choices to her singing, she is very Marina coded. I do like it tho!

Edited by moonsago
  • Like 1

SHALLOW
1 minute ago, moonsago said:

I agree, she is far more inspired by Drag Culture than Gaga ever was who tapped more into the high fashion & avant grade image. As for the music, to me it’s not giving Taylor at all, she’s giving me MAJOR Marina The Familt Jewels vibes… from some of the production choices to her singing, she is very Marina coded. I do like it tho!

Honestly yeah, music-wise it's giving everything but Gaga :huntyga:

Style-wise, i guess some of her looks are more out there, but to me still not on Gaga's level. 

Schwerk

Love the wide range of looks in one shoot. Does make it less coherent, but I like the creativity.

Ofcourse it reminiscent of Gaga, the team behind this has worked with Gaga tons of times. 

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

ChicaSkas

She can call me if she's with it

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk