Featured Posts

Luke78619

Too scared to text or call? 

collab deconfirmed, we lost, homophobia won :kry:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote
  • LMAO 3

Divine
21 minutes ago, Edonis said:

No shade because I don't really care for Chapell like that, but let's NOT turn into Liddo Madonsters please. 

THIS. Thanks!!! :hug:

"And I still love you even if I can't see you anymore."
  • Like 1

faysalaaa

I really tried to get into her music, but its just a better version of Olivia Rodrigo, which is not a good thing. But I love the message of her songs and imagery. Im more looking forward to her next album and see where her art goes.

Edited by faysalaaa

ChicaSkas
47 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

:triggered: They're trying so hard to make her look like the next Lady Gaga. Let her be herself! They're not the same.

She is highly influenced by Gaga though..her intro is very evocative of the original 2008 The Fame intro and her energy and perf art peices are also very Gaga. I love how she puts her own twist on it. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

ChicaSkas
44 minutes ago, Chlorine said:

Jo Chappellroan :max:

Best quote I've read on GGD in AGES 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • Shook 1

Divine
11 minutes ago, faysalaaa said:

I really tried to get into her music, but its just a better version of Olivia Rodrigo, which is not a good thing. But I love the message of her songs and imagery. Im more looking forward to her next album and see where her art goes.

Have you tried listening to her ballads? Like 'Picture You'? :party:

"And I still love you even if I can't see you anymore."
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Real Panda

I also sent her my phone number but I havent received any call or text. I hope she knows, she can contact me anytime.

• LMAO 2
  • Love 1

faysalaaa
2 minutes ago, Divine said:

Have you tried listening to her ballads? Like 'Picture You'? :party:

Yes that was actually my favorite song on the album! I see alot of potential, thats why im excited to see what she does next.

Edited by faysalaaa
  • Love 1

gumzy3000
1 hour ago, SHALLOW said:

:triggered: They're trying so hard to make her look like the next Lady Gaga. Let her be herself! They're not the same.

53 minutes ago, Edonis said:

No shade because I don't really care for Chapell like that, but let's NOT turn into Liddo Madonsters please. 

How exactly is it a salty thing to say Chapell isn't the next Gaga? Both artists are unique and their own, we don't need to compare new artists to Gaga as if its some benchmark. Just let them be. Chappel isn't Gaga and that isn't a bad thing. 

trolly troll troll
  • Thanks 1

Franch Toast

Free link for people who want to read the interview (courtesy of  Reddit user Valuable_Extent_4859)
https://www.textise.net/showText.aspx?strURL=https%3A//www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/chappell-roan-good-luck-babe-fame-fans-1235094314/#pagetop

//

Fellow stars have reached out to see if she’s OK. Charli XCX was one of the first to do so, even during her big Brat summer. Eilish has been keeping tabs on Roan and says “Good Luck, Babe!” is her favorite song of the year (even if Roan forgets to text her back). Hayley Williams DM’d her, offering to chat with Roan anytime (“Hayley Williams is the strongest bitch ever,” Roan says). Katy Perry told her to never read the comments. Lorde gave her a helpful list of things to do at an airport to fly under the radar. The band Muna hosted her for dinner. Miley Cyrus invited her to a party. Lady Gaga has passed along her phone number, though Roan has been too nervous to text or call. Roan went on walks and grabbed coffees with Lucy Dacus and Julien Baker. Their boygenius bandmate Phoebe Bridgers came over to Roan’s just to hang, commiserating on how fandom behavior has become increasingly “abusive and violent.”

Sabrina Carpenter, who’s also had a shockingly massive year, suggested they meet up and unpack their summers. “We’re both going through something so ****ing hard … she just feels like everything is flying, and she’s just barely hanging on,” Roan says. “It was just good to know someone else feels that way.” Backstage at the Vic Theatre in Chicago, Roan flashes her phone to show a lengthy email from Mitski she received that morning. “I just wanted to humbly welcome you to the shittiest exclusive club in the world, the club where strangers think you belong to them and they find and harass your family members,” it reads.

Roan stops herself while rattling off the list of her most famous contacts in her phone, aware of how it might come across. “I’m not trying to name-drop,” she says. “I’m trying to tell you there are girls who are good people, who are helping other girls out. I’m name-dropping them because people just need to know that people are good people.”

There has been a notable exception: “Not a lot of boys have been like, ‘Let me know if you ever want to talk about it,’ ” she points out. There have only been a few: Peck, Troye Sivan (an early fan of Roan), Noah Kahan, and Elton John. “It’s been sick to have artists that I’ve looked up to for many years, sometimes my whole life, reach out.”

//

Who has and who hasn't reached out to her is very telling...

Edited by Franch Toast
She/Her/Hers
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

ChicaSkas

I'm waiting for Taytay to acknowledge her

• LMAO 1