question

What's Your Opinion For Music Videos Shot On iPhone?

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Shot on iPhone 11

Shot on iPhone 11 Pro

Shot on iPhone 14

Shot on 15 Pro

Shot on 16 Pro

Yes, it is marketing gimmick. Of course it helps that iPhone's camera actually legitimately good for recording videos. But there are still more than meets the eyes. So what do you think of the result? 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Flippy

Wait till I release my music video shot on my iPhone :cheeky:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • YAAAS 1

River

a lot of work in the editing room

I have the 15 pro and it's not the same. it's amazing not gonna lie, but it's not professional and how they advertise it in these music videos.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

ssslyboy

iPhones are fine for filming a music video.  Great directing, lighting, cinematography, costumes, choreography etc can make iphone footage stunning.

Edit: Oh yeah the editing makes a huge difference.  I'm an editor, I should've said that first lol

Edited by ssslyboy

Reject False Icons

I think they age very quickly, they release a better camera every year and by phone standards a 4 y.o. phone is almost obsolete :saladga:

The aging depends on the artistic direction but Gaga’s video has aged the worst idk if the coloring is to blame but some parts look very plain and yellowish compared to the photos bts :traumatica:

Juanlittlem

If it aint gonna do something that you cant do with a regular camera then I dont see the point of using it. You cant tell me Stupid Love couldnt be recorded with a regular camera. You're gonna end up editing so much stuff anyways so I dont get it.

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • Like 1

Taylucifer

it's a fun marketing gimmick so no real issue but it can leave music videos looking flat as iPhones don't have that same depth of field as a pro camera 

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW
  • Like 1

Gorehound

Imo you can film a great music video on any device, professional or amateur. It all depends on how imaginative and creative you get with it. I've seen so many cool ads and reels on instagram all done on phone cameras and some are actually mind blowing with all the sick effects and filming tricks people use. 

I also think it's a cool breakaway from the tradition of having a typical glossy HQ big budget music video, and it helps inspire budding filmmakers to get creative with what they can, especially if they can't afford expensive equipment.  

The reason I dislike the Stupid Love music video isn't because it was shot on iphone, but because they didn't do anything interesting or visually exciting with it, either with the filming or the post production.

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta
  • Thanks 1