music news

Katy Perry announces new single ‘I’M HIS HE’S MINE’ featuring Doechii out this Friday

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anderson123

• RichAssPiss

• Real Panda

• Chlorine

Anderson123
40 minutes ago, Shyane said:

Do we think this will be a threat to DWAS? How do we predict the first spotify stream is going to be?

Probably a couple numbers higher than the number she picked for the album title.

• LMAO 1

StrawberryBlond
2 hours ago, moonsago said:

You know, say whatever you want, but I do appreciate how she doesn’t give up on an era even if it flops and still delivers for her fans. She did the same with Witness and Smile, not many main pop girls would continue… including Gaga… ARTPOP tease… 

I think it's more a case of her label lets her ride her era til the wheels fall off because she's been on this downward trajectory for years now and they know it isn't getting any better so they may as well throw everything at the wall in the hope that something sticks. Eras are far more likely to be halted if they're the first big underperformance of an artist's career (supposedly BTW was going to have more singles but things started going downhill so they stopped and the same with AP). Prism was apparently going to have more singles, one of which was Legendary Lovers, but when 3/5 singles failed, it was considered too risky to keep the era going. Witness had 4 singles, less than usual and promo seemed to end after the third and the tour had to go on as it was announced pre-album. They allowed her to release so much from Smile in the hopes that she'd get a hit from somewhere. There's a weird thing where once an artist really starts to flop over and over, their label lets them do whatever because they've got nothing to lose but artists having back to back hits are more tightly controlled to make sure every release works out and the plug will be pulled the second something goes wrong. An artist can only release what their label allows them to at the end of the day. I really hope it doesn't happen to Gaga for the fourth album in a row. 

• Like 2

ThePerfectCure

Omg how is her label even allowing this? Gimme Gimme would make sense but this is definitely a choice

lilboyblue

I feel like it's trying to take a bite off Nasty's vibes, but I don't know if it's urban enough or even strong enough lyrically to do that. Lyrics are coming off very pick-me to me. (Based on the snippet alone)

:lana:

• Like 1

RichAssPiss

Pretty sure she's burning through all the promo she filmed just to try and avoid a heinous low first week number. This era will end the week after the album drops. No way Capitol spends more on this. And she's used all her videos up. 

gerrygaga

Is she for real? This is the weakest snippet from 143. Both "Woman's World" & "Lifetimes" DID NOT debut on the entire Top 200 of Weekly Spotify Global chart. Goodluck on this california gurl.

FATCAT

I want this to smash for Crystal Waters, but if you take away the sample, it's really bad lol

Purr more, hiss less.

RichAssPiss
45 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

I want this to smash for Crystal Waters, but if you take away the sample, it's really bad lol

The Jorja Smith track Little Things sampling this is way better.

ALGAYDO
5 hours ago, Shyane said:

Do we think this will be a threat to DWAS? How do we predict the first spotify stream is going to be?

Sis, DWAS will single-handedly out-stream Katy’s entire album when it drops lol

• Thanks 1

Levine

The same day as The Weeknd, oh R Katy you never fail to amaze me.

This is also the single she's promoting at the VMAs during that bought award? But I guess they'll give her a slot for a medley