💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

music news

Kendrick Lamar to Headline 2025 Super Bowl

Teletubby

Featured Posts

FATCAT
Just now, Sorcerer said:

He's a great choice. Not Like Us would be EPIC.

The Super Bowl is on February 9. Unless Kendrick releases an album that month, LG7 would be safe for a February 21 or 28 release. Interscope will not make a conflict for both their artists.

Plus most artists avoid releases then, because they expect the artist performing the SB to floods the charts 

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 1

Starmie25
19 minutes ago, Boris2 said:

Partynauseous re-release ft Gagz 

I lowkey feel Americans would be scared if they saw this

batshit type of spectacle at the SB. Too European for them haha :huntyga:

River

I know ha from bitch don't kill my vibe and partysaurus and that feud with drake, something with a shoe.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Concertaholic
3 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

He has 4 number 1s on the BB100 :air: including one this year 

Okay so a lot of young people may know his music but I doubt most people over 40 could name even one song by him, I guarantee you my parent, grandparents, and all my aunts and uncles have never even heard of him.

• Like 1

RAMROD

Tnis will be lit đŸ”„đŸ”„đŸ”„

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

boyerased
5 minutes ago, Concertaholic said:

Okay so a lot of young people may know his music but I doubt most people over 40 could name even one song by him, I guarantee you my parent, grandparents, and all my aunts and uncles have never even heard of him.

The halftime has long-ceased catering to the traditional football fans. It’s exactly that, to bring in new crowds. In fact its modern iteration was intended to be a counter programming to the game. 

Edited by boyerased
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

princedeeblebleble
23 minutes ago, Boris2 said:

Bi*** don’t Kill my Vibe and Partynauseous re-release ft Gagz 

I’m manifesting this :pray:

Stole my comment! 

nodandsmile
17 minutes ago, Concertaholic said:

I’m sorry but Super Bowl performers typically have gp appeal, but I legitimately couldn’t name you one song by this guy and I think many other Americans couldn’t either.

- He got two albums that haven't left the billboard 200 since their releases back in 2012 and 2017 respectively, the former is the longest charting studio rap album in history btw

- "HUMBLE." was eligible for diamond certification ages ago

- Pultizer Prize winner, first person outside of classical and jazz to do so

- "Not Like Us" is easily one of the biggest song of the year and is coming for that diamond certification down the line

maybe YOU don't know him!

• YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 5

Agunimon
23 minutes ago, Concertaholic said:

I’m sorry but Super Bowl performers typically have gp appeal, but I legitimately couldn’t name you one song by this guy and I think many other Americans couldn’t either.

Kendrick is the most popular and reputable rapper and has been since 2010s. I think people on this site who tend to gravitate towards listening to predominantly or sometimes exclusively main pop girls are out of touch with what resonates with the GP. Rap is way more dominant than dance pop in the mainstream audience.

Edited by Agunimon
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 13

Morphine Prince

Drake on su*cide watch. 

I just know this show is gonna be amazing.

• Like 5

Ashley

OMG!! I’m so excited. I’ve become a huge Kendrick fan after listening to his whole discography after the Kendrick/Drake beef. He’s actually a really amazing artist, he won a Pulitzer prize for his album Damn.

• Like 5

RenegAde

He's going to need a few guests and a lot of LED lights to make this interesting to watch on a performance level.

• Like 1

andy232000

Interesting and cool to see that the NFL is not shying away from inviting people who already performed at the halftime show. Kendrick already had a shared superbowl; now he gets his own show. 

• YAAAS 1

elijahfan
38 minutes ago, South Blonde said:

LG7 is not safe anymore :traumatica:

37 minutes ago, smitherz said:

Oop

might want to push up that LG7 release lmao 

A rapper, a threat to LG7... am I missing something?

RenegAde
27 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Not to mention the whole fight has basically ensured Drake will never get the gig

Why? If you're talking about the allegations im pretty sure they've had other artist with much more damning(no pun intended) allegations and reputations perform.