other

Production begins on Season 6 of The Handmaid's Tale - will premiere Spring 2025

HelloHangoverz

Featured Posts

HelloHangoverz

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tv/article-13823493/The-Handmaids-Tale-production-sixth-final-season-Elisabeth-Moss-episode.html

The Handmaid's Tale has kicked off filming for the sixth and final season.

On Friday, the Hulu drama series' official Instagram account shared a photo of the show's leading star Elisabeth Moss on the set of the production.

In the snapshot, the 42-year-old actress — who last starred in Hulu's new thriller series, The Veil — was seen grinning widely and posing with a slate with her name written in the director slot. 

Previously, Moss also directed six episodes across seasons four and five. 

The slate also showed that filming officially began earlier this week on September 3. 

In the caption of the announcement, it was also revealed that the upcoming season is slated to be released early next year. 

The show's Instagram account shared: 'Guess who's back? Production on the final season has officially started. #TheHandmaidsTale will return Spring 2025.' 

This comes nearly two years after season five was released as a few setbacks, including the writer and actor strikes, delayed filming. 

Production was originally set to begin in the fall of 2023, but the strikes as well as lining up the schedule for the cast led to the postponement.

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

Red

I’m really curious about how the current show is gonna end and how it will transition to The Testments

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 1

RebeldeFaith

Ngl, as much as I love the show I feel like they dragged it too much. I'm glad to hear there's only one season left. Makes me more excited to watch it.

Something something idk
  • Like 2

Jase

Hyped! Wonder when we'll start getting cast announcements for The Testaments and when that goes into production.

• YAAAS 1

tomsches

What’s taking them so long?

love the show and I hope it’s not just June staring I to the camera. 

Roughhouse Dandy

Oof. Not to sound too libbed up, but I genuinely don't know how I'll be able to stomach watching this season under another Trump administration. Reason #285885 why I need November to go well for us. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 1

berlinforme
34 minutes ago, tomsches said:

What’s taking them so long?

love the show and I hope it’s not just June staring I to the camera. 

I think the writer's strike of 2023 stalled production quite a bit. 

I'm glad they're ending the show now, it felt like an endless back and forth the last one or two seasons. Also, I hope it's gonna be less 'Elisabeth Moss staring into the camera'-moments and more stuff actually happening. Missing the good dialogues from the first two seasons. 

HelloHangoverz
4 minutes ago, steven said:

Wow, it's been so long, I've legit forgot the plotline 

everything about the show is slow, including the rollout. when it finally drops, it will be weekly episodes. i'm too used to instant gratification for that :grr:

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • Like 1