💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Meeting Gaga

Emily

Featured Posts

ChicaSkas
1 hour ago, Emily said:

It is, it's for the joker premiere. I just don't know which thing to prioritize for the greatest chance of getting to meet her (premiere or hotel)

Thanks for this - the restroom situation is an issue, I'll just have to not drink anything 🤣

Do you know how early I'd need to get to her hotel/the premiere location by? I never understood how fans are at her hotel before everyone knows which one she's at!?

Well hotel is stalkery. Maybe it's just because I work here but I don't feel super jazzed about waiting days in front of a hotel especially when there is a premiere I could wait at.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Emily
32 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

Well hotel is stalkery. Maybe it's just because I work here but I don't feel super jazzed about waiting days in front of a hotel especially when there is a premiere I could wait at.

It really isn't. She expects fans to be waiting outside her hotels and happily greets them, always has done. As previous people have said, if she wants to avoid it, she does.

How long before the event you met her at did you get there? I could just focus on trying to meet her at the premiere and not do the hotel 

Edited by Emily

southpaw773

I used to work in a job where I would get to help celebs sometimes. I just kept my cool and treated them like any other customer.  At best I might say love or appreciate your work when we were done and never asked for autographs nor pics.  Then I see people later freaking out over them and felt bad.  

anyways wish Gaga had came to my work though. Still would’ve kept cool. Maybe I’ll get to meet her some day at a show. 

Edited by southpaw773
Moon dust gets everywhere
  • Like 1

Emily
23 minutes ago, southpaw773 said:

I used to work in a job where I would get to help celebs sometimes. I just kept my cool and treated them like any other customer.  At best I might say love or appreciate your work when we were done and never asked for autographs nor pics.  Then I see people later freaking out over them and felt bad.  

anyways wish Gaga had came to my work though. Still would’ve kept cool. Maybe I’ll get to meet her some day at a show. 

I hope you get to meet her one day too :kiss:

• Thanks 1

Togekiss
24 minutes ago, southpaw773 said:

I’m curious what kind of job was it?

Any tea you can spill? :derpga:

building a daydream with hearts and spades

Kelly Atlantic
15 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

Ok for this you kinda need to have a plan of no life / no work / little sleep. I met her in 2022 after being awake for almost 38 hours because there was no place to sleep and still be safe in a shopping mall so they literally had us walk around the mall and keep moving for hours. 

If you are truly first in line bring a sharpie. Your number is 1. 

Everyone else after you is 2 , 3, 4, etc. This is crucial.

If you have friends or family that can relieve you to use the bathroom or sleep, do it. 

Make friends with security guards. Crack jokes. 

They will sometimes look out for you.

Be prepared to wait a very long time.

It will be worth it. 

Sounds like a very formal set of rules and/or a ransom letter and it gets me veryyyy excited about Gaga even tho I live in Maryland :kiss:

orange hair Gaga made me lesbian
  • Love 1

Bowman
6 hours ago, Emily said:

Thank you for all the kind, supportive replies. I understand how some people think it could be weird wanting to meet her so desperately, but I have my reasons for feeling this way and I don't want to meet her for a picture, or a signature. I just want a second to speak to her; but anyway, those of you who are judging won't care what my reasons are anyway. I don't think it's an invasion of privacy, she has also always made it so clear how deeply she cares about her fans and I know people who have met her almost every time she's visited my city and they've had really special moments with her, even ones where she has told them she remembers them and has missed them. If you don't have any valuable advice, please dont be unkind just because you personally don't relate to me. 

Well said :holdmyhand: you deserve to go meet her and I wish you all the best of luck in meeting and sharing a moment with her :heart:

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • Love 1

Bowman

I met her in London in Camden for the iTunes festival and it is tricky but so worth it. It was one of the greatest moments to see her so close, I never got a photo but she signed my BTW cd :) 

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • Like 1

Emily
14 minutes ago, Bowman said:

Well said :holdmyhand: you deserve to go meet her and I wish you all the best of luck in meeting and sharing a moment with her :heart:

10 minutes ago, Bowman said:

I met her in London in Camden for the iTunes festival and it is tricky but so worth it. It was one of the greatest moments to see her so close, I never got a photo but she signed my BTW cd :) 

Thank you!!! I went to iTunes festival too 🥰

• YAAAS 1

TheBadRomancer
On 9/6/2024 at 7:00 PM, ChicaSkas said:

Ok for this you kinda need to have a plan of no life / no work / little sleep. I met her in 2022 after being awake for almost 38 hours because there was no place to sleep and still be safe in a shopping mall so they literally had us walk around the mall and keep moving for hours. 

ah, what a memory 

• Love 1

ChicaSkas
23 hours ago, Emily said:

It really isn't. She expects fans to be waiting outside her hotels and happily greets them, always has done. As previous people have said, if she wants to avoid it, she does.

How long before the event you met her at did you get there? I could just focus on trying to meet her at the premiere and not do the hotel 

I got there around 4 or 5pm for an event at 10am the next day 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Ophelia
On 9/7/2024 at 4:04 AM, Emily said:

3. Do I avoid going to the premiere so I can prioritize the hotel? If I go to the premiere, how early do I get there to be at the front??

4. ****, I didn't think about needing the bathroom... 

Yes you have to prioritize one thing. At Venice people were starting to queue even 3-4 days before the premiere, but afaik many of the first-in-line „fans” were autograph hunters, they weren’t even camping with us and slept in the hotel, were aggresive and rude. Be careful. I started to camp around 3PM the day before the premiere, I was on front row in the farther part of the barricade. She didn’t come closer to us. If London will be similar, I’d suggest camping for around 48 hrs or more.

4. If you write down numbers on your hands and/or make friends with other people in line, they will probably let you go to the toilet, no worries

...has anybody seen my disco stick?
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Emily
1 hour ago, Ophelia said:

Yes you have to prioritize one thing. At Venice people were starting to queue even 3-4 days before the premiere, but afaik many of the first-in-line „fans” were autograph hunters, they weren’t even camping with us and slept in the hotel, were aggresive and rude. Be careful. I started to camp around 3PM the day before the premiere, I was on front row in the farther part of the barricade. She didn’t come closer to us. If London will be similar, I’d suggest camping for around 48 hrs or more.

4. If you write down numbers on your hands and/or make friends with other people in line, they will probably let you go to the toilet, no worries

Dayum, 48 hours? Hmm..

I went to the ASIB premiere and I literally turned up at 5pm and was at the front of the barrier, not at the main area but down where the cinema entrance was so she walked straight passed me 

Ophelia
3 hours ago, Emily said:

Dayum, 48 hours? Hmm..

I went to the ASIB premiere and I literally turned up at 5pm and was at the front of the barrier, not at the main area but down where the cinema entrance was so she walked straight passed me 

Well I know people who went to Venice ASIB premiere, started to camp at 3 pm the day before (the same time as me this year) and they were first in line.

This year it was completely different, the demand for actressGa went 200% up, both for fans and autograph hunters. I feel like London could be the same. 

...has anybody seen my disco stick?
  • Shook 1