💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Meeting Gaga

Emily

Featured Posts

Emily

(apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place, I couldn't see anywhere that seemed fitting so please move if wrong)!

Hey Guys, so I'm preparing for when Gaga comes to London for promo which we predict will be the end of this month and I just wanted advice from people who have met her at events, public engagements, hotel etc as to how I can give myself the highest chance of meeting her. When she was in London for ASIB, I waited outside the hotel 2 nights in a row but everyone started to leave at about 1am as she hadn't arrived back, so I left too and regret it because I could have met her if id stayed. This time I'm planning on not leaving the hotel until I've seen her, but I've been advised by other fans not to wait all night and that other fans can be vicious. If anyone's met her, id love to hear how you did and any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

ChicaSkas
30 minutes ago, PartySick said:

WITHOUT ME :grr:

EXCUSE ME

(Whaddayawant me to do, drive to Florida and pick you up while my mom snores)

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ChicaSkas

Ok for this you kinda need to have a plan of no life / no work / little sleep. I met her in 2022 after being awake for almost 38 hours because there was no place to sleep and still be safe in a shopping mall so they literally had us walk around the mall and keep moving for hours. 

If you are truly first in line bring a sharpie. Your number is 1. 

Everyone else after you is 2 , 3, 4, etc. This is crucial.

If you have friends or family that can relieve you to use the bathroom or sleep, do it. 

Make friends with security guards. Crack jokes. 

They will sometimes look out for you.

Be prepared to wait a very long time.

It will be worth it. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • Thanks 1

ChicaSkas

I'll write more later bc I'm at work but the general idea is you need time.  The earlier you are there the higher your odds.

• Thanks 2

Emily
Just now, ChicaSkas said:

Ok for this you kinda need to have a plan of no life / no work / little sleep. I met her in 2022 after being awake for almost 38 hours because there was no place to sleep and still be safe in a shopping mall so they literally had us walk around the mall and keep moving for hours. 

If you are truly first in line bring a sharpie. Your number is 1. 

Everyone else after you is 2 , 3, 4, etc. This is crucial.

If you have friends or family that can relieve you to use the bathroom or sleep, do it. 

Make friends with security guards. Crack jokes. 

They will sometimes look out for you.

Be prepared to wait a very long time.

It will be worth it. 

Luckily I have no live or no job :derpga:

1. How do I ensure I find out which hotel shes as before anyone else?

2. Do you suggest I literally stay at that hotel 24/7 until I (hopefully) meet her? 

3. Do I avoid going to the premiere so I can prioritize the hotel? If I go to the premiere, how early do I get there to be at the front??

4. ****, I didn't think about needing the bathroom... 

PartySick
20 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

EXCUSE ME

(Whaddayawant me to do, drive to Florida and pick you up while my mom snores)

Yes :fatcat:

herassisfamous

Like I know you mean well but how is this not harassment? Front of her hotel at night does not sound like a meet & greet to me lol

All we need is love
  • YAAAS 1

Emily
9 minutes ago, herassisfamous said:

Like I know you mean well but how is this not harassment? Front of her hotel at night does not sound like a meet & greet to me lol

Fans waiting for her outside her hotel/venues is very normal?

Edited by Emily

herassisfamous
47 minutes ago, Emily said:

Fans waiting for her outside her hotel/venues is very normal?

Again, I know you have no bad intention but think about it this way; yes she is a world famous pop star, but just like every other human being, she deserves to be able to go back to her hotel at night and not be greeted with people asking for signatures. It's cruel to expect "Lady Gaga" from her while she's off the clock. Especially after being in the public eye more than a decade and being on the clock 24/7 for so many years of her career. She drew strict lines between fans and herself in order to have a life where she can somewhat exist out of the context of fame. You can easily see how much this total invasion of privacy — leading to the erasure of autonomy drains her (and most people in the music industry for that matter)

Edited by herassisfamous
All we need is love

ALGAYDO
26 minutes ago, herassisfamous said:

Again, I know you have no bad intention but think about it this way; yes she is a world famous pop star, but just like every other human being, she deserves to be able to go back to her hotel at night and not be greeted with people asking for signatures. It's cruel to expect "Lady Gaga" from her while she's off the clock. Especially after being in the public eye more than a decade and being on the clock 24/7 for so many years of her career. She drew strict lines between fans and herself in order to have a life where she can somewhat exist out of the context of fame. You can easily see how much this total invasion of privacy — leading to the erasure of autonomy drains her (and most people in the music industry for that matter)

I get your POV, but Gaga loves making the entrance to her hotels an impromptu Runway. She’s said before that she treats her entrances/exits from hotels as performances, so I have no doubt that Gaga loves and appreciates having fans waiting for her at her hotel 

Edited by ALGAYDO

JoanneMonster
40 minutes ago, herassisfamous said:

its not that deep. She went out in paris a few weeks ago a bunch of times (even late at night) to greet the fans, and she usually gifts food to people waiting for her outside the hotel. She herself gets ready to go in and out of the hotel all the time, making it clear that she wants her photo taken. Whenever she doesnt want/can’t meet fans, she puts the tunnel-like thingy at the hotels door and she just gets in. If she didnt want the attention, I can assure you she wouldn’t have it.

I See You

herassisfamous
36 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

I get your POV, but Gaga loves making the entrance to her hotels an impromptu Runway. She’s said before that she treats her entrances/exits from hotels as performances, so I have no doubt that Gaga loves and appreciates having fans waiting for her at her hotel 

yes because they are performances and honestly I can imagine how tiresome it probably gets to have to perform even when you don't want to... idk after the whole chappell roan thing i just realized how wild the way we normalize these things

All we need is love

PartySick
48 minutes ago, herassisfamous said:

yes because they are performances and honestly I can imagine how tiresome it probably gets to have to perform even when you don't want to... idk after the whole chappell roan thing i just realized how wild the way we normalize these things

It'd be different if she was running out of the hotel at top speed in a baggy hoodie to duck into an SUV asap. Then fans should get the hint and step off.

But that's not the case :gayhat:

She's had fans break into her home before, she knows what we're about and how to discourage certain behaviors.