ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

LateToCult
Just now, LG2008 said:

Ah... Me too :volantis: but will it be an L? :messga:

Praying they fired that intern. :messga:

gagzus
7 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

i think they should go back to basics with the way the charts are run. it's ridiculous at this point, and hardly a measure of anything

I think they should have it like every 10k streams or whatever is the equivalent to the value of buying the single on iTunes ($1.29) for the single track, actual sales of the song on iTunes, album track inclusion (only if you already don’t own the original single individually) when you buy the album on iTunes and link the album track versions to single versions in streaming. 

hijadeputa

One standard edition with one artwork. One deluxe edition with a new artwork and ofc bonus tracks is fine and good, I mean that is the point of a deluxe edition. But different covers with same tracklist and call it different editions? Nah 

• Like 1

bionic

At the end of the day a sale is a sale and is a more accurate measure of active consumption than streaming which is 75% passive consumption

Haters are just mad they don't have enough fans buying 1 copy of the album let alone 100 variants

buy bionic
  • Sad 1

Jack3257

I feel like there should be a rule that there has to be a certain amount of original material for the variant sale to count.

weed

I'm half and half... 

I kind of get it, like yes more versions will create more sales as people are incentivized to buy more than 1 or they will just buy the 1 available, it's fact that sales will go up over just 1 version, but I also don't really see the problem... it's not bots, it's not fake sales, real people are buying the copies. Radio is very payola, still part of deciding a #1. Playlisting is very payola, still part of everything. Discounts on iTunes, who hasn't utilized that?

Sneaky Oliver
1 hour ago, Real Panda said:

I personally dont like different cover variants but the same tracklist. Album covers used to mean something. The artwork, the image associated with the era, but now an artist can have 10 album covers for 1 album its so unnecessary.

I agree, it feels like the album has no identity like Taylor’s TTPD, if any picture can be your album cover, it means you had no creative vision in the first place 

I’m on my Legacy Act era
  • Thanks 1

southpaw773
1 hour ago, moonsago said:

it’s Bobby, he saw DWAS smash with one variant and decided to make it known these charts are a fraud!!! :fthis:

DWAS - Joanne’s version 

PartySick
1 hour ago, LateToCult said:

Right before LG7? No ma'am! Keep counting variants! Keep counting variants!

cheering protesting GIF by South Park

Me agreeing with this while also being a "music, not the bling"ster

Scarlet Witch
54 minutes ago, bionic said:

At the end of the day a sale is a sale and is a more accurate measure of active consumption than streaming which is 75% passive consumption

Haters are just mad they don't have enough fans buying 1 copy of the album let alone 100 variants

Sorry this is so silly encouraging hyperconsumerism

bionic
4 minutes ago, Scarlet Witch said:

Sorry this is so silly encouraging hyperconsumerism

Then encourage biodegradable packaging and CDs. Your album will decompose just in time for a new variant to be released! Its about protecting the planet :pawsup: 

buy bionic

OliviaRodrigoStan

It's over for Tayfraud :ororomunroe:

HEART OF EVER-FROST

Plastic Flower

Why they **** did the post this knowing that they're part of the problem? This will keep on happening until Billboard actually does something about it.

Drop it

RichAssPiss

The reality is that you CAN manipulate charts and as along as there's big .money in headlines and good press (leading to better public image, brand deals, ticket sales, etc) then big money labels will manipulate any system they make. It's like buying followers on socials. You can't really fix it. At least not permanently. If people want to spend the cash, they will work the system.