music news

Radical Optimism is Dua Lipa's shortest era on UK Charts

Teletubby

Featured Posts

ssslyboy

The album was great overall.  Not "excellent" but still very solid.  I don't care if it didn't chart long, etc.  It will perform well on my year end chart. :legend:

• YAAAS 1

Luke78619

Im shocked tbh, im still here listening to all three singles and still regularly listen to some album tracks

and patiently waiting for Falling Forever vid to drop :messga: cmon sis revive the era

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote
  • YAAAS 1

Reject False Icons

Its annoying that some people say it wasn’t a hit cause it was too similar to FN and others said it was too different :saladga: 

some said it was too dance and others said it was too slow-paced :derpga:

so the public doesn’t know what it wants or they plainly don’t like Dua and I hate it cause she evolved a lot and I hope it doesn’t happen to her what happened to Kylie in the U.S. :patrizia:

Edited by Reject False Icons

Plastic Flower

I never connected with this album. I wouldn't say she flopped tho.

Drop it

ThisGuyTony

How she went from biggest hit of the summer 2023 to nothing on the charts is :deadbanana: 

Luckily it’s not the end for her: she still garners hundreds of millions of streams and sells out her tours. 

Hopefully she doesn’t end up the Katy of the 2020’s :bear:

Kelly Atlantic
5 hours ago, Edonis said:

The songs were very, very, very forgettable. 

I agree, also the production on some of them was very:what:

it’s just that I fell in love with a war…and nobody told me it ended
  • Like 1

Battle 4 Ur Life

I am not surprised because the album is absolutely more alternative-oriented. I have to be honest tho, it’s not outstanding but I cannot dislike this album. Most of the songs sounds really cool and go for a more breezy, more folksy kind of pop and I personally was here for it. Illusion is for me the only real four on the four dance pop track I can remember this year but that’s also the track that mostly resembles her past work. So I guess maybe just the timing wasn’t the best for the kind of vibe they wanted to go try. and it was right after Dance The Night which was produced by Mark Ronson and he’s known to bring the funk to town so people just left because the rush and the adrenaline just wasn’t really in this album.

Edited by Battle 4 Ur Life
“Stupid Love aged like Macallan tho”

JoanneMonster
7 hours ago, NATAH said:

i think TS is easily one of my most disliked songs of the year lol, i've been forced to listen to it against my will too much :saladga:

well you easily hace very bad taste

I See You

Bradley
7 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

Unpopular opinion but I think Radical Optimism flows better from start to finish than Future Nostalgia. What in the world are Good In Bed and Boys Will Be Boys doing there? :cyanlights:

But yeah Future Nostalgia has monster songs like Physical, Levitating and Hallucinate. It was obviously going to be compared to it.

French Exit, Anything for Love, Happy for You and Maria are pretty meh imo. From a list of 97 tracks she claimed she wrote for the album, couldn't she have picked something stronger?

ALGAYDO
7 hours ago, NATAH said:

i think TS is easily one of my most disliked songs of the year lol, i've been forced to listen to it against my will too much :saladga:

But sis…. TS is one of the 3 good songs on RO…