💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Katy Perrys Roar & Dark Horse Still Outview Gagas Videos Daily

Economy

Featured Posts

Real Panda

I think its fake streams, echoing what someone else said above Katy is one of the most followed on socials yet post-2017 she cant push an album above 50k SPS in a week.

Umm also just want to say that Judas is a good workout song and has a great music video to play anywhere, says so by the Olympic team who won Gold and Judas has been recently gaining more than 1 million streams daily on Spotify, it just bumped off Bad Romance a few days ago on Gaga's Top 5 Popular songs.

• Like 1

Shyane

I dont think it's fake streams. I don't think her team would put money from a song 10 years ago. One clarification though, Dark Horse does pull high views on YT currently but Roar is not that high. Poker Face and Shallow both have more views than Roar.

One thing is to know is simply that both of these Katy's videos have around 4 billion views. Videos with more views just pull more daily views. Taylor's Blank Space and Shake it Off both more than 3 billion and pull off around the same daily views as Katy's. Also these songs were released around the time YT was huge and they are associated with YT. Are Blank Space and Shake it Off Taylor's biggest hit? No. They were just released at that time. Katy's songs are the same way. As you may know, that was the time Applause and GUY were released and it was a difficult time for Gaga.

ChicaSkas

To be fair Dark Horse is one of her very best songs she's ever written. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • Love 1

RudraCNG
3 hours ago, River said:

bots bots bots

Bots, bots, bots! We like bots in bars
Bots, bots, bots! Buy us views in charts

• Like 1
  • LMAO 3

Anderson123

Algorithm I guess. Katy's big videos have been played for  years and years they're still being suggested or put on popular playlists. Her big hits are still part of people's lives, parties, reunions, etc. they were everywhere for a reason. And her music is obviously more GP friendly than Gaga's.

Economy
13 minutes ago, Shyane said:

I dont think it's fake streams. I don't think her team would put money from a song 10 years ago. One clarification though, Dark Horse does pull high views on YT currently but Roar is not that high. Poker Face and Shallow both have more views than Roar.

One thing is to know is simply that both of these Katy's videos have around 4 billion views. Videos with more views just pull more daily views. Taylor's Blank Space and Shake it Off both more than 3 billion and pull off around the same daily views as Katy's. Also these songs were released around the time YT was huge and they are associated with YT. Are Blank Space and Shake it Off Taylor's biggest hit? No. They were just released at that time. Katy's songs are the same way. As you may know, that was the time Applause and GUY were released and it was a difficult time for Gaga.

Maybe atm its not it seems to fluctuate but i do recall not long ago Roar was still getting 500K or more daily, higher than Poker Face was getting which was Gagas highest daily viewed

codymonster

I'm a high school teacher and when they play their playlists, they often have teenage dream era Katy Perry songs in their playlists. 

• Like 1

StrawberryBlond

Definitely it's a case of when a video has reached a massive milestone in popularity (in Katy's case, 2 billion views is definitely that), it will get recommended more and more. And its likely that there have been bots on those songs for the longest time. Katy's subscriber count still rises no matter how hard she's flopping which is why she's got so many so it wouldn't surprise me if the same is true of her songs. And you'll notice that it's all her old hits that are still getting all these views. Anything post-2014 doesn't get major views apart from the outwardly controversial (Bon Appetit) or ridiculous (Swish Swish). It's also possible that Katy's videos appeal more to younger viewers who are avid watchers whereas older viewers are less likely to watch music videos all the time. The views ultimately don't matter, though. Her music isn't charting well or selling well. I think it's a real shame when an artist has great YouTube stats but no charting or selling power. It suggest that the public think the music is decent enough but not good enough to pay for and that the artist has no loyal fanbase.

• Like 1

Economy
44 minutes ago, codymonster said:

I'm a high school teacher and when they play their playlists, they often have teenage dream era Katy Perry songs in their playlists. 

Wow teenagers changed. When i was a kid and teenager (im 31 now) it was considered so "uncool" to listen to any song more than a few years old (unless it was old rap or hip hop)

I think i was maybe 19 or 20 when it became ok and even cool to listen to older throw backs

I did not realize teens would listen to Katy Perry still

Economy
22 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Definitely it's a case of when a video has reached a massive milestone in popularity (in Katy's case, 2 billion views is definitely that), it will get recommended more and more. And its likely that there have been bots on those songs for the longest time. Katy's subscriber count still rises no matter how hard she's flopping which is why she's got so many so it wouldn't surprise me if the same is true of her songs. And you'll notice that it's all her old hits that are still getting all these views. Anything post-2014 doesn't get major views apart from the outwardly controversial (Bon Appetit) or ridiculous (Swish Swish). It's also possible that Katy's videos appeal more to younger viewers who are avid watchers whereas older viewers are less likely to watch music videos all the time. The views ultimately don't matter, though. Her music isn't charting well or selling well. I think it's a real shame when an artist has great YouTube stats but no charting or selling power. It suggest that the public think the music is decent enough but not good enough to pay for and that the artist has no loyal fanbase.

Katy Perrys career also peaked when youtube views peaked

2012 to 2015 saw youtube music videos get the highest views they ever did and thats exactly when Gagas career under performed the most :toofunny:

If Poker Face was released in 2013 with the same level success, id say guaranteed 4B views tbh

HelloHangoverz
29 minutes ago, Economy said:

4B

Really puts into perspective the scale of her downfall. I think Lifetimes is only on 5 million right now. When will it break 10? One year, two? 5 million views compared to 4000 million views.

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away