Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

“Surprise Project” = Original LG7?

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

Hear me out… 

Gaga’s recent Vogue interview makes it very clear that Michael encouraged her to make a pop album, after watching a fire in her during TCB. The implication of this is that, at the time, she wasn’t making, or planning to make, a pop album. Which would suggest that the ‘original’ LG7 was going to be something else. Something less joyful. Hence Micheal telling her to “lean into the joy” of making music again, instead of, presumably, the sadness and misery associated with whatever she was working on beforehand. 

The article also makes a very clear separation between the “Project” and “LG7”: 

“Gaga has spent the better part of 2024 here, recording both a surprise project and a new pop record she has taken to calling LG7.”

Gaga (in July 2024): “But I was on the phone with the guy who’s mixing my new project…” 

The above two quotes also confirm that the “project” is recorded music and therefore not a musical, as some have speculated. 

Gaga’s post on Instagram last June also confirmed that she has been writing and recording music for this “special project”, since summer 2022: “I’ve been experiencing my creativity ever since last summer in a really special and private way—I wrote and produced music for a special project.”

This means she was already working on the “Project” before or during TCB, which started in summer 2022. Which, again, aligns with Micheal telling her that she should actually produce a pop album, after she enjoyed that tour more than she thought she was going to. 

So, I’m thinking we’re going to get two albums in quick succession. 

Album 1: LG7 – the album TCB and Micheal inspired. The long-awaited return and reclamation of “Gaga”. 

Album 2: what was originally going to be LG7 and has since been referred to as a “Project” – some kind of stripped back piano or original jazz album that has no dance music whatsoever. 

Gaga says in Vogue that she is “all of these things”, potentially meaning she’s the lady behind LG7 but also the one behind the sister album that’s completely different. 

I think this scenario is more likely than the “Project” being a pop duets album because I find it hard to believe she would’ve been working on that in summer 2022 (which is when she’s confirmed this “Project” was first conceived), given this is when Michael encouraged her to ‘return’ to pop. Also, the idea that an album with Charlie XCX and Chappel Roan was in the works in 2022 doesn’t make sense. And neither does the Bruno collab being part of the duets album because we know that was a very out-of-the-blue and unplanned thing.

subtext / fantasy
  • Like 2
  • Shook 2

Bronco

Honestly I read it more as that she wasn't making music after having made Chromatica - which by her own accounts she didn't enjoy. And that it was the TCB that relit her fire and Michael encouraged her to return to making music. 

I don't think her statements suggest that LG7 or the secret project predate the Summer of the Chromatica Ball tour. Unless you assume Michael only encouraged her *after* the TCB, not during it. 
I think the music she started writing during the TCB is the pop music Michael encouraged her to pick back up now she had the Gaga fire back we all know and love. 

Honestly I really think the project is a Musical. And if it is, it could be a very long time before we see it brought to fruition 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Head Empty

– An acoustic album ("The best of...")
– A musical
– A movie soundtrack (e.g. a Disney movie)
– A movie score (instrumental)
– A video game soundtrack (she has connections to Nintendo)
– A duets album (Bruno, Chappell...)
– A "unreleased" collection
– A (solo) jazz album

These are all options that either Gaga has hypothesized in the past, or fans have heavily requested and speculated about.

But in the end it's Gaga, so expect the unexpected :trollga:

Edited by Head Empty
Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ‎ ᵃˢˢ 🕺
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 1

monketsharona
1 minute ago, Head Empty said:

– An "unreleased" collection

I'd take those in any day :vegas:

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

OMonster
15 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Honestly I read it more as that she wasn't making music after having made Chromatica - which by her own accounts she didn't enjoy. And that it was the TCB that relit her fire and Michael encouraged her to return to making music. 

I don't think her statements suggest that LG7 or the secret project predate the Summer of the Chromatica Ball tour. Unless you assume Michael only encouraged her *after* the TCB, not during it. 
I think the music she started writing during the TCB is the pop music Michael encouraged her to pick back up now she had the Gaga fire back we all know and love. 

Honestly I really think the project is a Musical. And if it is, it could be a very long time before we see it brought to fruition 

It can't be a musical because it was recorded alongside LG7 and is being mixed according to the article. Gaga said her Project was being mixed in July 2024, not her album - and she's careful to distinguish that they're different things. 

subtext / fantasy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Takox
6 minutes ago, Head Empty said:

– An acoustic album ("The best of...")
– A musical
– A movie soundtrack (e.g. a Disney movie)
– A movie score (instrumental)
– A video game soundtrack (she has connections to Nintendo)
– A "unreleased" collection
– A (solo) jazz album

These are all options that either Gaga has hypothesized in the past, or fans have heavily requested and speculated about.

But in the end it's Gaga, so expect the unexpected :trollga:

Any of these would be so good :bradley:

See the world with me

OMonster
14 minutes ago, Killa said:

She teased the secret project last year no?

Yep. June 2023 is when she said she had been working on a special Project since the summer before (2022). So this secret project was started either just before or just after TCB. I think she started it before TCB, realised she actually wanted to make pop music too, but still continued to work on it alongside a pop album. Hence it maybe being the original LG7, which wasn't going to be pop. 

subtext / fantasy
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Starmie25
21 minutes ago, Head Empty said:

A video game soundtrack (she has connections to Nintendo)

I'd live for this!

Killa
Just now, OMonster said:

Yep. June 2023 is when she said she had been working on a special Project since the summer before (2022). So this secret project was started either just before or just after TCB. I think she started it before TCB, realised she actually wanted to make pop music too, but still continued to work on it alongside a pop album. Hence it maybe being the original LG7, which wasn't going to be pop. 

Thanks i Also had AN idea of It being around Chroma ball.

So It could be the music She teased, It was dancy but It gives very dark and very TCB vives

Head Empty
9 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

I'd live for this!

She did famously tweet about her experiences with Bayonetta but when Bayonetta 3 was released... crickets :bradley:

Then she was supposedly invited by Nintendo to perform at the Olympics in Tokyo. Also crickets :traumatica:

I still hold hope. Love him or hate him, Bloodpop is a huge video game geek, so maybe he nudged her in the right direction on that front :partysick:

Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ‎ ᵃˢˢ 🕺
  • Shook 1

Takox

Do you think it may be a book/audiobook with background music as Lana and Marina have recently published?

See the world with me

Bronco
1 hour ago, OMonster said:

It can't be a musical because it was recorded alongside LG7 and is being mixed according to the article. Gaga said her Project was being mixed in July 2024, not her album - and she's careful to distinguish that they're different things. 

I mean Everybody's Talking About Jamie's score was recorded and released as a concept album 2 days after the production premiered as a way to garner interest & support (Sophie Ellis Bextor's rendition of Work of Art is a work of art tbh). 
A lot of musical productions seeking investment & interest will have a concept recording of songs to show to investors/theatres etc etc so I wouldn't say the fact that this project has been recorded and is being mixed rules out the possibility. 

• Like 2