Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
news

Gaga x Vogue, LG7 February 2025 Release Confirmed

Coop

Featured Posts

rvfzme

I still see some users complaining that LG7 isn't this year, but February 2024. Let's be happy that we get something. We have a single, movie and then album ahead of us. Gaga and other artists are not a making machine and they don't just have music on their mind.

AnglerfishbraBENUS
9 minutes ago, Rafau said:

I still see some users complaining that LG7 isn't this year, but February 2024. Let's be happy that we get something. We have a single, movie and then album ahead of us. Gaga and other artists are not a making machine and they don't just have music on their mind.

people don’t realize it’s theoretically impossible to find success with an album release in DECEMBER lol unless it’s xmas but even then it’s too late

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

gagzus
17 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

Visuals I wonder??

edit: scratch that, she said "wrote and produced music for a special project" so it's verified music

Yeah and in this new interview they said she was still working on it at the studio when they were interviewing her.

My guess is that she’s working on a Broadway Musical like she said she wanted to. Or I would personally love it to be a collaborations album of her working with all the musicians old and new she admires and gets on with on original music.

Maybe DWAS was sort of a testing of the waters as to whether the music she might have been making for the special project works out.

Edited by gagzus
  • Love 1

andy232000
1 hour ago, zerojk said:

The so called "xmas freeze" is not as severe as some here think... i can assure you "All I want for xmas" can coexist in radios with whatever hit there is at the moment, it has never been an obstacle

also, a February release doesn't guarantee more success than if it was released now

we just have to wait and the sooner we accept it, the better

The thing is All I Want For Christmas is not the only song that charted. Christmas time is like having 5 simultaneous album bombs at the same tima on the charts. Its not just about coexisting with one song. Its coexisting with several. Why would you wanna compete under extra tough circumstances when you have a clear period where the field is wide open?

And its not just about the charts. Christmas time is a very hectic time. People are at the end of the year, working like crazy, doing gift shopping, traveling, they spend less time at home, and when they do it for the holiday parties where probably Bad Romance wont be the music playing on the background. Its just a busier time and everyone’s attention is fractured into 1000 different things at once. Its harder to grab the attention and make an impact when the listener is distracted by several other stimuli.

AND there could also be an industry slow down towards the end of the year. Many Media Outlets Dont work in late December 

Just because we want the album right now it doesn’t mean its the most intelligent choice. 

Edited by andy232000
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

gagzus
1 hour ago, zerojk said:

The so called "xmas freeze" is not as severe as some here think... i can assure you "All I want for xmas" can coexist in radios with whatever hit there is at the moment, it has never been an obstacle

also, a February release doesn't guarantee more success than if it was released now

The Xmas freeze in the last 3 years has become more and more intense, hence why most artists never release new music anymore in Q4 of a year. 

With streaming now EVERYONE listens to their favourite Xmas songs on Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal etc in the last few years since COVID Holiday music all but takes over the majority of the top 10 in almost every English speaking country.

Sure other songs still chart but they don’t get any sort of attention when “feel good” season starts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CatelynnMarie

i'm going through a lot of emotions trying to process this entire interview, but i have to first say how proud i am of Gaga. she overcame and is continuing to overcome GREAT feats in this life. i have been a day one and to see this growth in one of the artists i cherish the most in this life, it's the best gift to be given. 

• Love 7

Harry Kat
1 hour ago, zerojk said:

Lol it's more severe!

Xmas songs are EVERYWHERE! No new singles shining on radios! They only play Xmas songs and the biggest hits of the year as part of their countdown playlists! Half of the Billboard Hot 100 are Xmas songs! It's not only AIWFCIY! It's like having big album bombs for over a month! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nycboy

It’s funny because when she started teasing in Jan 2024, we really thought we were getting LG7 in Feb 2024, not Feb 2025 LOL. But it’s all meant to be. Now we know that when she teases studio pics, she’s in the process of making an album in real time.

Although I wanted an LG7 Fall, I really hope she gets an Oscar nom, because I’m imagining the February LG7 release date is partly meant to piggyback off an Oscar & Grammy boost from JFAD + DWAS. Also, I believe that a 2025 release is better for her chances at the 2026 Grammys so that the album doesn’t feel 2 years old. 

lilboyblue

I don't know if it's been asked yet but does anyone know when the physical copies of Vogue are released? 

• Like 2

Gagarka

Guys, I don't understand the negative reactions of certain individuals at all right now. We all love the BTW era for being very long, intense, and interesting, right? Right. So what is your complaint now? We'll have a 5 month gap between the release of LG7 and the lead single. You can have a very cool era with tons of content in that time.

Or do you want two music videos, one performance and a tour?:littlepotter:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

LaLa

Finally got a chance to read the whole article on my lunch. That was really really wonderful. Like catching up with a friend and just feeling so happy to see them in a great place. It's disgustingly parasocial but after all these years 'together' I do worry about her in a similar way as I do about my sister and friends. 

(And I really laughed about her legging with the hole in the crotch, bless, I just accidentally ran to the corner shop in my own work from home who cares legging last week :laughga:)

About the music: god I'm excited to hear this! And I'm actually glad we're getting a 'longer' roll-out, from October through and past February are going to be so jam-packed with Gaga stuff, amazing 

• Like 3
  • Love 5

DISZKO
7 hours ago, ARTPOPistah said:

Once again we're winning:kara:

https://www.vogue.com/article/lady-Gaga-october-2024-cover-interviewVO1024_Cover_logo.jpg

INTERVIEW HIGHLIGHTS :

- LG7 in February + Tease to a surprise project: "Gaga has spent the better part of 2024 here, recording both a surprise project and a new pop record she has taken to calling LG7, which comes out in February. (She will release its first single in October.)   [...] She does eventually play some music for me [...] She queues up a song from her new pop record. It’s intense and ominous—an old-school Gaga banger, unsettling but also buoyant. She does not want to say too much about the new record other than to tell me that it was her fiancé’s idea. “Michael is the person who told me to make a new pop record. He was like, ‘Babe. I love you. You need to make pop music.’ ” Says Polansky: “Like anyone would do for the person they love, I encouraged her to lean in to the joy of it. On the Chromatica tour, I saw a fire in her; I wanted to help her keep that alive all the time and just start making music that made her happy.”  [...] Gaga: "I feel like this new album, in a lot of ways, is about that time but from a place of happiness instead of misery";

- Gaga on Chappel Roan, Charli XCX, Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift and Kesha: "At one point, we get into a conversation about her own recent fanaticism. She rattles off a list: Charli XCX, Chappell Roan, Billie Eilish. “I mean, I really love them. I go on the internet and, like, cry. And I love Taylor Swift too. And Kesha. I watch it all, and I’m like: Yup. Go! Just Go.” Here, her voice cracks and her eyes well up with tears. “I’m not only cheering them on, I want them to know that my heart is in it with them. And I want them all to feel really happy.” I am strangely moved. “Sorry!” she shouts through a laugh as I hand her a tissue. I get it, I say. She stares at me for a second, blinks a couple of times, and says, “You and I getting together is really important.” ";

- Gaga on her engagement with Michael Polansky:“My mom met him and she said to me, ‘I think I just met your husband,’ and I said, ‘I’m not ready to meet my husband!’ I could never have imagined that my mom…found the most perfect person for me?” [...] "what I want my fans to know is that I’m just, like, so happy. I’m healthy. I feel like the last time they heard from me—in this way—was Chromatica, and that album was about an absolutely horrible time for me with my mental health. I was in a really dark place. I struggled for, like, many years before that. But everything started to change. Because I had a real friend who saw the ways in which I was unhappy and why. And he wasn’t afraid to truly hold my hand. And get to know me. On a very deep level" [...] "And now, Michael and I are really excited to organize our lives—and our marriage—around our creative output as a couple"

- Gaga on her life-career balancing: "“For a long time, for most of my career,” she says, “my life was controlled by this business: what people wanted from me; what they hoped I could achieve; how to keep me going. And that can be a lot of pressure and it’s scary. But I feel like I’m finally coming out on the other side".

- Stefani talks about Gaga : "INTERVIEWER: Is it all fantasy? Is Lady Gaga…a persona?"

Gaga: “Man. That’s a big question. You know it’s not a persona. It’s not. I am all of these things. The person that I am when I’m onstage in front of 85,000 people? That is also me. That’s like one of the freedoms of my relationship with Michael. It feels really nice to have someone value you whether there’s 85,000 people watching or…the dogs. To see the whole you. And Lady Gaga is the whole me.There was a time in my career when I…. Look….”—she cocks an eyebrow and slips into a self mocking tone—“where I spoke in an accent in interviews or told lies, but I was performing. Now, it’s a much more palatable mixture of authenticity and imagination. I feel like the world, to a fault, operates in these binaries: You’re either real or you’re fake; you’re authentic or you’re shallow. But for me, I played a lot with artifice. I was fascinated with artifice, really, truly fascinated with it as an artistic tool. I still am. But my relationship to myself as an artist now is more empowered: This is me. This. Is. Me. It’s too…complicated to split yourself in two and have to turn it off and on. It’s so much more empowering to be like, I’m a woman and I’m super complex. Michael said to me once, ‘I will know that you’re really feeling great when you know that you have you.’ I used to always be like, But who’s gonna have my back?! And now I’m like, I’ve got my back.”

This is so nice to read! Im genuienly very happy for her and its super exciting whatever is coming!

• Love 1

lilboyblue
7 minutes ago, Gagarka said:

Guys, I don't understand the negative reactions of certain individuals at all right now. We all love the BTW era for being very long, intense, and interesting, right? Right. So what is your complaint now? We'll have a 5 month gap between the release of LG7 and the lead single. You can have a very cool era with tons of content in that time.

Or do you want two music videos, one performance and a tour?:littlepotter:

And in case some of us missed it, she has an active song topping the charts, a major movie on the way, and a lead single confirmed in a month!

ETA: Plus, the FAD soundtrack! 

Edited by lilboyblue
  • Like 3

2School4Cool
4 hours ago, SpadesToStart said:

Between the election and the holidays, November and December have too much noise. I think it makes sense to drop the actual album in February.

Exactly this. Plus that’s still 3 months after the lead single that she can promote the album and create buzz

See The Best In Everyone