Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
music news

Katy Perry Says A Bunch Of NOTHING

HelloHangoverz

Featured Posts

Randomperson

I think I’d have more respect for her if she actually told the truth - she wanted a hit and ran back to doctor luke thinking he’d give her one.

The way she describes this album is nothing like the basic soulless lyrics from the songs that have been released and teased so far

HelloHangoverz

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away

Agunimon
1 hour ago, Randomperson said:

I think I’d have more respect for her if she actually told the truth - she wanted a hit and ran back to doctor luke thinking he’d give her one.

The way she describes this album is nothing like the basic soulless lyrics from the songs that have been released and teased so far

Please understand! This is her metamorphosis as a woman.

• LMAO 1

Super

Can someone post the full quote? My country just banned Twitter, so it's not the first time I enter a topic just to end up unable to understand it because everything's in a tweet. 

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

HelloHangoverz
8 minutes ago, Super said:

Can someone post the full quote? My country just banned Twitter, so it's not the first time I enter a topic just to end up unable to understand it because everything's in a tweet. 

“Look, I understand that it started a lot of conversations. And he was one of many collaborators that I collaborated with, but the reality is it comes from me. The truth is I wrote these songs from my experience of my whole life going through this metamorphosis. He was one of the people to help facilitate all that. One of the writers, one of the producers. I am speaking from my own experience. Like when I speak about woman’s world, I speak about feeling so empowered now, as a mother, as a woman. Giving birth, creating life […] and feeling really grounded in that — that’s where I’m speaking from. I created all of this with several different collaborators, people I’ve collaborated with from the past, from ‘Teenage Dream’ era, all of that.”

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away
  • Thanks 1

gagzus

I think it’s obvious that her label thought enough time had passed since Kesha’s case against him (plus the fact she sadly lost it), and because he produced her biggest hits that in the grand scheme of things nobody beyond a small minority would care.

But they forgot the key ingredient to what made her old music actually good; Bonnie McKee. Bonnie is what made the music good not Luke, she wrote the lyrics, made the melodies and more! If anything she should’ve patched her relationship to her up and just had Max Martin produce the album.

• Like 1

VTV

they better stop using dr luke's old pic 

The Lady and the Legend coming soon.

StrawberryBlond

Odd statement. She says he's just "one of many collaborators that I worked with" as if we think it's just the 2 of them responsible for the entire album when obviously it takes an entire team to create an album and one bad apple can spoil the whole barrel. And she then says the album "comes from me" and that she wrote all these songs when the credits so far show that she's one of 8 writers on average per song which suggests that she actually had minimal input and just let professional pop songwriters take the lead. And then says that Luke "helped facilitate it" which is obvious but he was surely not the only producer out there who would've supported her vision (and like she says, he was "one of the people" which confirms he wasn't the only one who made it happen). And then proceeds to just talk about how much she enjoyed making it. Not actually answering why.

If Doja Cat could be a success despite seemingly not caring about working with him, maybe Katy would actually be better off just saying she wanted the success of her glory days back and leave it at that. Her career's dead in the water now, there's no turning it around. Better to just go out swinging.

Wolf Boy

“Why did you work with Dr Luke?”

”I’m a mother! I had a metamorphosis! and sometimes i like my grilled cheese sandwiches with pickles. Tuesday is definitely my favourite day of the week, but i do like Saturday too. And thats why the war in the middle east keeps raging”.

• LMAO 5