music news

HDD reports no decision yet on BB200, 1-2k difference between Sabrina and Travis

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

The two titles are separated by a margin of just 1-2k.

Carpenter’s new album, Short n’ Sweet, buoyed by two of the year’s biggest singles, was expected to coast to #1. Then Scott put out a 10-year-old mixtape, DAYS BEFORE RODEO (which originally appeared on SoundCloud), and challenged her for the top spot on the Billboard chart as each approached 350k in their opening frames.

The chart has become so easily manipulated that Travis, manager David Stromberg and Sony (with Darren Stupak running point) battled REPUBLIC CORPS’ Lipman brothers and Jim Roppo all weekend as they awaited indie retail numbers that would give a 10th-inning advantage to one of the combatants.

Exclusive signed digital copies and the late-in-the-week arrival of more vintage Scott material from the vaults were key to Team Travis’ overtime campaign, as quarterback Stromberg and his squad pushed for those crucial points.

Depending on Travis’ final digital-album sales, which hit 300k+ over the weekend, that total could be greater than the rest of the industry’s total digital-album sales for the previous week. All digital sales, incidentally, were priced at $4.99.

The challenges that have prolonged the outcome of this chart battle have come from both protagonists about their opponents’ claims of legitimacy. How much of this bounty will be included in the final tally? Will any be tossed? We have no idea.

It’s clear that if this were determined by streaming alone, Carpenter would take the chart crown in a walk. 

i ❤️ @Julianlittlem

jackweller

Honestly, I don’t care but it seems to be delaying Global 200 which is the one I’m actually interested in, and last week it was out by Monday evening.

Luna Lovegood

they’re having a fraud-off

luna’s advocate
  • LMAO 2

Teletubby
5 minutes ago, jackweller said:

Honestly, I don’t care but it seems to be delaying Global 200 which is the one I’m actually interested in, and last week it was out by Monday evening.

Charts are delayed due to the Labor Day

i ❤️ @Julianlittlem
  • Like 1

lilboyblue
9 minutes ago, jackweller said:

And I know DWAS is predicted to rise to #1, but the margin is so close there too so I'm a bit anxious to see it become official.

• Thanks 1

jackweller
2 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Charts are delayed due to the Labor Day

Ahh, I did not know that. I’m in the UK. We had our Bank Holiday last week.

eifulien

Honestly, it feels like the last nail in the coffin. Unless BB introduces new rules for the chart, this kind of "hacking" and exploitation of the rules just descredits the chart and its actual goal: to show what people are buying,  listening to and is actually having an impact in people's lives. The various digital versions of an album ain't it.

• Like 2

27monster27
20 minutes ago, eifulien said:

Honestly, it feels like the last nail in the coffin. Unless BB introduces new rules for the chart, this kind of "hacking" and exploitation of the rules just descredits the chart and its actual goal: to show what people are buying,  listening to and is actually having an impact in people's lives. The various digital versions of an album ain't it.

Yep. Once again the UK charts are proven to be the better ones when compared to the US.

he/him/his

andy232000
20 minutes ago, eifulien said:

I was thinking exactly this. I think its time for Billboard to restrict the amount of variants and versions that count. They should cap it at two: one standard and one deluxe. Like the old days

bionic

Billboard waiting to find missing sales down depending on which record label give them the best bribe

buy bionic