Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

Adele announces break for an incredibly long time

Teletubby

Featured Posts

culturalbaptism
12 hours ago, OliviaRodrigoStan said:

Queen. I'm glad she's prioritizing her happiness over profit. 

You made that coin bestie, now go spend it :kara:

She knows selling out tours and getting #1s can't fill an heart. If only Taytay would take notes. She would still be with her Lover:kara:

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.
  • Like 1

StrawberryBlond

I can admire how she's putting her happiness and stability first and knowing there's more to life than making hits and money. But it's odd to announce you're going on a break when your last album was out in 2021. Yes, you may have been performing it ever since but the public will view you taking a break in the years that you're not putting out an album. It's also odd how she keeps saying she's going on a big break with every release. We know this is her trajectory, she doesn't need to announce it. Xtina takes huge breaks between albums and never feels the need to announce them.

And I get that touring can be gruelling but saying she's been "performing nonstop for 3 years" sounds impressive until you realise that this involves a Vegas residency (and she lives full time in the state next door) and a 10 date Munich stadium residency. And she just stands and sits for her entire ballad set. I think of the artists who have toured the world for 3 years only being able to go home for about a month occasionally and performing upbeat songs with choreography every night. Those are the people who can truly say "I need a break." Not saying Adele doesn't but there's no denying what she does isn't on the level of those other artists yet she feels like she needs to take 5+ years break after every album since 2011. I'm just saying that you can tell Adele doesn't eat, sleep and breathe music. This is like a hobby for her at most. I'm sure she'll maintain a fanbase but she shouldn't be surprised if it continues to dwindle if she continues to make one album per decade. 

TortureMeOnReplay
48 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I can admire how she's putting her happiness and stability first and knowing there's more to life than making hits and money. But it's odd to announce you're going on a break when your last album was out in 2021. Yes, you may have been performing it ever since but the public will view you taking a break in the years that you're not putting out an album. It's also odd how she keeps saying she's going on a big break with every release. We know this is her trajectory, she doesn't need to announce it. Xtina takes huge breaks between albums and never feels the need to announce them.

And I get that touring can be gruelling but saying she's been "performing nonstop for 3 years" sounds impressive until you realise that this involves a Vegas residency (and she lives full time in the state next door) and a 10 date Munich stadium residency. And she just stands and sits for her entire ballad set. I think of the artists who have toured the world for 3 years only being able to go home for about a month occasionally and performing upbeat songs with choreography every night. Those are the people who can truly say "I need a break." Not saying Adele doesn't but there's no denying what she does isn't on the level of those other artists yet she feels like she needs to take 5+ years break after every album since 2011. I'm just saying that you can tell Adele doesn't eat, sleep and breathe music. This is like a hobby for her at most. I'm sure she'll maintain a fanbase but she shouldn't be surprised if it continues to dwindle if she continues to make one album per decade. 

I don't think your perspective is fair to her at all. I appreciate that you can recognize she has other priorities and that's the healthy way to handle it. But I also feel like you're minimializing her. Truthfully we don't know what her day to day looks like at all. We see the 2-3 hours she's on stage for everyone to see, but what is she doing with that other time? I assume she probably spends an hour or two doing sound checks and some time doing vocal warm ups. She also spends time in hair and make up. And at the end of the day she recognizes that being a mother comes first. She's obviously taken a lot of time for her family and nobody can blame her for it. I love that there are artists out there that CAN jump and dance and sing for 100 tour dates across the world over the course of a year and then come out with another album 6 months later to repeat that cycle. But I don't think it's indicative of Adele's commitment to music at all. And we're also equating that a love for stardom is a love for music when that's not the case. Loving music doesn't always involve sharing your music with the world. It can mean sitting on the piano at home and playing for yourself or for your family. Music as a art form really went into a poor direction when it met capitalism. Not every aspect of art needs to be commercialized. I'm glad to see Adele has found a way to provide for her family in a way that makes sense. And let's not pretend her lessened success came from the gap between projects. People loved Adele all this time because they felt she was real. Her losing weight and becoming more conventionally attractive is what deterred people from her because they stopped seeing her as a person and more as a brand and she started to fall in more with other "pretty" popstars. 

ChicaSkas
14 hours ago, River said:

reputation tv guide will flop :giveup:

The thing is if missgaytay does the Vault tracks from the time period of OG Rep its gonna be so freaking killer. I dont see it flopping. It's her most successful / anticipated album bc absolutely no one but die hard swifties cares about TV Guide Debut lol

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk