Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Lady Gaga Twitter Thread

Sam

Featured Posts

To teach children they are imperfect without god

If this is your take on "God makes no mistakes"... that's not what it means, at all. It's not promoting religion; it's just a statement that can only be understood in a religious context. Which, sadly, is still the context in which most people operate.

"God makes no mistakes" means "You, child, are not a mistake" -- and brings God into it partly to give it that air of authority, to make it so that if someone tries to deny it, they're going against God -- a problem for the religious, but simply not relevant to us atheists. It's not hostile to us, either. It's not about us at all.

But it goes deeper than that. It's taking traditional religious beliefs and turning them on their head -- instead of "this ancient book says it's wrong, therefore it's wrong", Gaga is saying "here's the world, the real world, that God made -- believe in it, not the book." I think people underestimate how profound the message of the song is.

or to teach them faith is more important than education

I can't connect that to anything Gaga...?

I love the butterflies

*Monarch+MK-Ultra+ Illuminati Mind control imagery tbh imo :legend:

*When will your fave worship satan while cooking a french dish? :nacho:

Guest noahboy3

All I said was I loved the butterflies. Nothing more, nothing less.

I was hoping that my siggy had more of a "mind control effect."

Edited by noahboy3

Seriously GAGA! I LOVE you but don't **** with my atheism. Tebow disgusts me! This god is supposed to care about him but doesn't give a **** about starving children.lol. Your pro-religious anti-logic views are the only thing I disagree with you on. To teach children they are imperfect without god or to teach them faith is more important than education is morally wrong.

Don't **** with your atheism? Gaga isn't forcing you to believe in god. She complimented Tebow on a football play. That had nothing to do with his personal life. The fact some fans are getting upset is stupid. A pop star can't comment on a good play without getting her fans butt hurt cause the guy who did the play is Christian? My lord. Please respect others beliefs. For the record, gaga is her own free artist and can express her faith in whatever way she pleases.

And She's never taught that faith is more important than education...

Edit: and she's not pro-religion. She's said herself she does not support organized religion and instead she just believes in God.

Edited by Alex
doseofamnesia. tumblr. com

giskardsb

In the past I've been a pretty dogmatic atheist; I still don't believe in "God" as the christian churches would, I'm more of a daoist or buddhist than anything these days. In any case, one thing that can be annoying about atheists is the tendency to get annoyed at ANY mention of God. I used to hate even hearing the word. Yes, Gaga believes in God, but Gaga never "preaches" religion in her songs, she isn't pushing any religious agenda, in fact her personal beliefs about God are extremely ecumenical and all encompassing. God is a part of Gaga's belief system, so she writes about it. She doesn't "preach" though and it's annoying when people claim that just because she mentions God or H.I.M. in a song that she is being preachy.

ProudUnicorn

In the past I've been a pretty dogmatic atheist; I still don't believe in "God" as the christian churches would, I'm more of a daoist or buddhist than anything these days. In any case, one thing that can be annoying about atheists is the tendency to get annoyed at ANY mention of God.

Christians do the same thing with Islam.

Sorry, but Focus On The Family has made it their mission in life to take away my civil rights. And when Lady Gaga calls their mouth piece a Champion, I am allowed to be pissed.

Focus On The Family is disgusting, Tebow supports them, GaGa payed him a compliment. I am allowed to be annoyed by that.

And 90% of my posts on this site are sarcastic and funny. I have a sense of humor, but not when it comes to conversion therapy, and Christian bigots who are directly and indirectly responsible for the deaths of Queer Americans.

This. Gaga should have done some homework.

She was commenting on his football skills. Not his character or religious beliefs.

Get a pulse and stop taking every little thing so seriously.

this.

...i luv yew :toofunny:

Juan Carlos

I was gona post this :cry:

Don't **** with your atheism? Gaga isn't forcing you to believe in god. She complimented Tebow on a football play. That had nothing to do with his personal life. The fact some fans are getting upset is stupid. A pop star can't comment on a good play without getting her fans butt hurt cause the guy who did the play is Christian? My lord. Please respect others beliefs. For the record, gaga is her own free artist and can express her faith in whatever way she pleases.

And She's never taught that faith is more important than education...

Edit: and she's not pro-religion. She's said herself she does not support organized religion and instead she just believes in God.

This. :tea:

This. Gaga should have done some homework.

So because of his beliefs, Gaga can't compliment him on his skills? Where have I heard stuff like this before? :shocked: