💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

book

Share some book suggestions!

PartySick

Featured Posts

PartySick

Yo :enigma:

After Alien: Romulus reignited my love of Alien I went seeking more media. After looking into the novels and deciding I didn't really have time to sit and read them, I signed up for a trial of audible and I kind of love it :bradley:

Over the last three work days I've listened to the dramatizations of "Out of the Shadows", "Sea of Sorrows", and "River of Pain". I have the original screenplay of "Alien 3" queued up for tomorrow followed by either "Alien: Isolation", "Alien: Resurrection", or "Alien: Invasion"...the order is super unclear :selena: but from what people say, only those first three I listened to really have a connecting narrative while everything else stands alone next to the movies just fine.

...ANYWAY! I'm blowing through a whole book every day and I'll eventually run out of Alien stuff! A nightmare :cryga:

So if anyone wants to recommend some cute books, I'm down :flower: I mostly like the entertaining and easily digestible things since I'm listening while I work. Sci-fi, horror, cute narratives (especially gay ones), but really anything you guys find interesting is welcome :diane:

• YAAAS 2

PartySick
Just now, PartySick said:

I'm listening while I work

Me at work:

pastry-chef.jpg

What's playing in my ears:

• LMAO 1

Heygirl22

Dark Eden is a good read it’s very strange 

also classic but I love the giver it’s one of my favorites 

HausofGabo

Just read, and enjoyed a lot, The Haunting of Las Lágrimas By W.M. Cleese. An amazing horror book.

bpmMonkey
1 hour ago, PartySick said: but really anything you guys find interesting is welcome :diane:

(selective reading coming in hard for me 😅)

I just finished Nancy Pelosi‘s new book, which was very interesting and felt like a True Crime Podcast. And I’m still on and off with Casandra Perersens (Elvira) bio „Yours Cruelly“, whenever I had a lake/pool day this summer 

Flippy

I love audible! :sara: 

My favorite books are… sad lmao

You should listen to some of Adam Silvera’s books!

History Is All You Left Me is my ultimate favorite. Right now I’m reading/listening to More Happy Than Not and eventually I wanna read They Both Die At The End and The First To Die At The End (they’re all gay books btw) so idk if they’ll be available in FL :billie: jk jk

If you want something more dark, The Merciless books are SO good! Think Mean Girls meets The Exorcist if you will :cheeky:

:holdmyhand:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

HelloHangoverz

a bit left field but there's this woman called Ruby Wax who wrote a book called I'm Not As Well As I Thought I Was where she journeys round the world "looking for meaning" for example by going to a psychic retreat, going whale watching etc. The end of the book is her stay in a mental hospital after realizing "i'm not a special white lady, I'm mentally ill"....it's non fiction, a true story and really happened and is such a touching look at just mental health in general. I know that's not what you asked but I just finished reading it and it is soo funny so you might like it too

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place

Cello

I know you’re into sci fi and zoology so I recommend Children of Time :cheeky:

other ones I’ve been enjoying lately include Sapiens, Homo Deus, Wolf Hall, the Three Body Problem trilogy, some Virginia Wolf novels, To Kill A Mockingbird, Convenience Store Woman, some Claire Keegan books (which always make me cry and get me in the feels) and some Stephen King. Next on my list is Norwegian Wood by the Japanese author Murakami 

Edited by Cello
do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana