OUT NOW!
other

Katy's Nirvana, is it a copy of another song?

gerrygaga

Featured Posts

ModernEcstasy

I’m shocked by the lack of taste. People need to watch Eurovision IMMEDIATELY 

• YAAAS 1

NATAH
13 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

sorry but I hate when someone says that! Melodies can sound similar or reminiscent of others but still sound unique. The one from op sounds like a blatant copy 

It’s getting harder and harder to stand by Katy this era 

agreed, i feel like that's only a decent excuse if the songs are decades apart and depending on how popular they are

mother, what must i do?

LateToCult

Why Will and Rachel’s version kinda ate? :icant:

it’s bad for her this era. How’d she make Smile look respectable?

kylecarson

Katy’s “Nirvana” definitely has that familiar feel, but it’s not a direct copy of any one song. It seems like she drew inspiration from a mix of classic rock vibes. When I first heard it, I thought it reminded me of a few different tracks, but it’s still got its own thing going on. If you’re into that style, you’ll probably pick up on some subtle influences, but it’s not just a rehash.

Agunimon
2 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

sorry but I hate when someone says that! Melodies can sound similar or reminiscent of others but still sound unique. The one from op sounds like a blatant copy 

It’s getting harder and harder to stand by Katy this era 

I don't disagree, but I am speaking from a musical theory outlook on what a melody is, which is specific to the pitch and rhythm. An artist can make a melody sound unique to them in different ways, but the melody itself from a wholistic view was likely already done by somebody else. There's only so many chord progressions in the world and in pop music, artists / producers always tend to gravitate towards specific ones as it is since those are most marketable.

Edited by Agunimon

Poker
1 hour ago, kylecarson said:

Katy’s “Nirvana” definitely has that familiar feel, but it’s not a direct copy of any one song. It seems like she drew inspiration from a mix of classic rock vibes. When I first heard it, I thought it reminded me of a few different tracks, but it’s still got its own thing going on. If you’re into that style, you’ll probably pick up on some subtle influences, but it’s not just a rehash.

It is the same melody, not just a vibe.

Kindness rules all.

Ultimecia

If I were to take a sheet of paper, draw a crude stick figure on it and call it a finished art piece.

Would you be able to call it a copy of another stick figure drawing?

That's what this song is, it's so basic, uninspired and low effort that you could compare it to billions of other basic songs.

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • Like 1