Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
movie

Critics Reviews । Joker: Folie à Deux

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

mamo
27 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Well Gaga had said she won't submit as Best Lead Actress for awards this season, but Best Supporting instead :cheeky: 

Gaga hasn't said anything actually.

Those saying she's submitting in supporting actress are just rumours. Nothing officially confirmed as of yet. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...
  • Thanks 2

MOT
30 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Girl where are you getting this from 'cause this sounds like they will burst out singing every line when it will probably be one line like the trailer or in their imagination like those scenes with them dancing for sure :ladyhaha:

I'm trying to piece together some of what's already been said by people who have seen or worked on the movie. The director of the Venice Film Festival, Alberto Barbera, has seen it and has described it as 'a dystopian musical, or a musical of sorts', and Gaga has said that she and Joaquin had to sing like non-professional singers. That suggests to me that there will be a lot of 'non-standard' music, not just a couple of lines, albeit there will also be dream sequences which will be more like typical musical movie scenes.

In fairness, I have re-read Mr Barbera's comments and of course he is being positive, stupid of me to suggest otherwise, he is the Director of a festival at which the movie is being shown.

OMF
On 8/28/2024 at 12:54 PM, Real Panda said:

Thank you! All of my sentiments exactly. Everyone I know liked it as well, I watched it in theaters as a massive DC fan and thought it was good, not great though but thats just my opinion.

Most people said it felt like the classic TAXI DRIVER film just with the Joker character. I liked it a lot regardless.

• Love 1

OMF
7 minutes ago, Real Panda said:

He's an award winning journalist.

“Including Lady Gaga”? Makes her sound like a secondary actor.

• Like 2

Real Panda
7 minutes ago, OMF said:

I think she is. I still think Joaquin has 2x more screentime than Gaga.

• Shook 1

King of the Fall
8 minutes ago, OMF said:

She is a secondary actor in this movie

He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

MOT
8 minutes ago, OMF said:

Well if you're on screen with JP you're probably going to be secondary. The fact that the comment singled her out is good rather than bad imo. The impression I'm getting is that she's going to be good and he's going to be great, and that's fine.

• Like 2

LilyLark

I'm curious as to what everyone think the RT score will be. The first Joker was very polarizing...some adored it and some hated it.

My prediction is 78% and the acting is praised.

I doubt this will be rotten on RT, as most films that go through the Venice panel and make the cut to be shown are usually positive on RT (sometimes in the 60s, but still positive). Basically, Venice rarely shows true flops/misses unlike TIFF (a lot of films at TIFF end up being shitty).

ActualPatient

60-69% currently the top answer. Ooh, y'all aren't very optimistic about it huh

• Jase featured this topic
Mother of Puppies

Do I have to watch the first one to understand the 2nd? :poot:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹
  • Thanks 1