💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

movie

Critics Reviews । Joker: Folie à Deux

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Killa
4 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Am a little worried that this time around the reviews are criticizing the film for being boring and not so much for the subject matter. Oh well, if it bombs at the box office too we still have DWAS and LG7. :vegas:

We Just Need the momentum for the single and the album:brat:

Before people know It sucks or not, the spello Is already cast

buzzkill
24 minutes ago, Cortezz said:

59 on Rotten Tomatoes 

54 on Metacritic

I’m worried :koons:

Dont be!

• Thanks 2

HoeMoe
27 minutes ago, Cortezz said:

59 on Rotten Tomatoes 

54 on Metacritic

This has already been said 9128109239018308 times BUT the first movie was perceived the same and it some how ended up being good, so theres that. lets wait a bit. Plus most of the negative critics are acknowledging Gaga's performance... like how is that not a win.

Lets just wait a bit :legend:

What’s fortnight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

jacs vs looser
1 hour ago, Bronco said:

I'll withhold actual judgement until I see it, but the initial reviews + HoG is making me think Gaga needs to be a bit more discerning in the roles she going for if she does want that Oscar one day. 

I was literally thinking the same. It is clear to me she wishes for an acting Oscar, but girl needs to start picking some better movie scripts for that to happen...

• Like 1

Mister G

People need to stop basing their existence and moods on Metacritic scores from the premiere at the festival this week. Not everyone has seen the movie yet, and people forget that this is for the well known journalists that do this as their expertise, their craft. Even so not every accredited critic has seen it yet, we still have a month to go. Let's try an exercise in patience. Obsessing over the numbers game you're gonna drive yourself nuts.

Edited by Mister G
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Luna Lovegood
48 minutes ago, Cortezz said:

59 on Rotten Tomatoes 

54 on Metacritic

it’s up 60% on RT

luna’s advocate
  • YAAAS 7

gerrygaga

low review scores doesn't always mean low box office & unsuccessful Oscars, reviews are just opinions. lol 

Joker 1 is 69% on Rotten Tomatoes but still crossed 1 billion box office, won Best Actor Oscar.

Bohemian Rhapsody only 60% on RT but still 900 million box office, won 4 Oscars including Best Actor Oscar.

In short, Joker 2 is safe.

• Like 6
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 6

lastpopicon
6 minutes ago, Luna Lovegood said:

It's increasing :cheeky: We might lose the initial battle, but the war will be won :koons:

I can already see her accepting her Oscar, visualize it :legend:

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • YAAAS 3

Phantomhive

Keep seeing tweets about the scenes they cut out particularly the ones that we saw from when they were filming. Just how much footage did they cut out chi :wtf: I don't mind Gaga being campaigned for supporting though especially if her chances are higher in that category

In I fly on wings of winter.
  • Like 4
  • Shook 1

gemein3
2 hours ago, littlepotter said:

Well Joker 1 debuted with 85 on RT then plummeted so I don't see how FAD's low debut could save any tears, if anything brace yourselves for worse

Who cares what it debuts at — that’s an irrelevant number. Like why are people on here literally acting as if this is the end of the world?

Additionally to my point, tears are being shed over completely irrelevant / useless numbers by critics that the GP (who will eat this up and give Gaga a wildly large audience heading into releasing a new single), couldn’t give a sh** what they have to say. 

King of the Fall

I'm just glad that Gaga herself is getting good reviews. I hope the movie will be a box office smash and win awards but even if it does not, Gaga is untouched by it all

He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite
  • Thanks 3

Cortezz
55 minutes ago, Phantomhive said:

Keep seeing tweets about the scenes they cut out particularly the ones that we saw from when they were filming. Just how much footage did they cut out chi :wtf: I don't mind Gaga being campaigned for supporting though especially if her chances are higher in that category

I hope it’s fake that they cut the stairs scene 

• Like 2

rafaelgherardi

the public score for Joker is very high although the critics' scores are low, so I guess this could be the same case for FAD (I didn't remember that, actually, I loved the first movie and given the Oscars I thought it got critical acclaim too)

so, a low RT score certainly doesn't mean a low box office and no Oscar nominations/wins, we should be aware of that and don't get desperate haha