Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
movie

Critics Reviews । Joker: Folie à Deux

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

NATAH
2 hours ago, plane jane said:

as long as her acting is acclaimed we’re good imo 

agreed, as long as she's nowhere near a razzie then there's nothing to worry about

it's not her fault if a movie is written or directed poorly!

mother, what must i do?
  • Thanks 5

Future Lovers

The first film highly polarized critics. It has a 59. This film I’m sure is going to be the same deal. We knew that going in. Critics won’t know what to make of it, audiences will generally like it, and the performers will earn praise while the movie itself will always be debated. 

• Like 1

Future Lovers
30 minutes ago, Caden said:

I mean 11 minutes is HUGE :pawsup: the audience seems to have enjoyed it A LOT. I'm 100% convinced it'll smash at the box office

It’s nice but 11 minutes is rather short for a festival ovation. 

That said, like I noted above, it’s going to be polarizing just like the first one was. There was never a reality where the film itself was acclaimed, only the performances and other elements. The story/film itself was always going to divide opinion. 

Jawline4dayz

Maybe she knew it’ll flop and was like yeah let’s roll out LG7 during all of this messss :ladyhaha:

• LMAO 15
  • Shook 1

azul

I really want her to do a great, acclaimed movie. I guess not this time... again. 

She is expansive, so she probably will never work with the best directors (indie oriented, most of them)

• Like 2

androiduser
1 hour ago, andy232000 said:

Anne Hathaway won an Oscar for her 15min in Lea Miserable. Even if Gaga’s screen time is shorter that expected, she probably still qualifies for the category

Actors and studios can pick the category they want to compete in, Best Actor/Actress or Supporting Actor/Actress.. if there is a stark difference between the time on screen, it's called category fraud, and it can work for or against the actor's chances.

tigerteeth
2 hours ago, Caden said:

Is it possible to mute sb in the forum? Some people just are obsessed with spreading negativity it seems. 

Top right corner -> three lines (menu) -> Account -> Ignored users

Add the users you wish to ignore and specify the extent

• Love 2

VTV
7 minutes ago, Reality said:

The reception the movie's been getting so far is in line with what the first one got. The movie will be divisive; it'll work for some people and it won't work for others. Frankly, I'm not surprised whatsoever by the reaction and I'm guessing that the people here who are didn't watch or look into the first movie at all.

In terms of the Rotten Tomatoes score, I predict it'll be somewhere between 50-60%. It seems like the reactions are a little more negative than the first film, but overall still just as polarizing.

All that said, watch the movie for yourself and form your own opinion on it. I know people who vehemently hate the first movie and I couldn't disagree with them more. I loved Joker and I'm sure I'll love the sequel even more.

This. The reviews I saw so far either love it or hate it. No in-between. 

The Lady and the Legend coming soon.
  • Like 4

andy232000
13 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Actors and studios can pick the category they want to compete in, Best Actor/Actress or Supporting Actor/Actress.. if there is a stark difference between the time on screen, it's called category fraud, and it can work for or against the actor's chances.

Im aware, but given Gaga’s reduced screen time, I highly doubt she competes for Best Actress. the discourse before today was that she was the lead and should not do category fraud. The discourse now is that she’s barely in the movie and totally has a supporting role. At this point I think she probably could do BSA and it wouldn’t be frowned upon. 

EDIT: I’m seeing several people of twitter saying that Harleys actions are pretty essential to the plot. At the ens of the day, if her character is so important, she could still be considered the lead actress. Yet even if her role is important, but only lasts-say 20min of screen time, its also somewhat appropriate that she fits in the supporting categories. I think there’s reason for both choices and the studio does not run into any “moral” issues. Its just going to be a matter of where she has a better shot at winning

Edited by andy232000

NATAH

my thoughts:

- it's good to see people say they wanted more of Gaga, i think that's a really positive thing for her acting career regardless of what happens come movie release and award season

- i personally think she should stop chasing that acting oscar so hard and just... enjoy the art of acting. not to say that's she's not enjoying it for what it is, but it's a bit painfully obvious she's choosing projects that are gunning for awards so aggressively

i think it would be really nice to see her win best actress in a film that wasn't intended to be HUGE or an obvious oscar candidate from the start, if that makes sense

Edited by NATAH
mother, what must i do?
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Future Lovers
2 hours ago, madmagical6 said:

I'm quiet surprised at these reviews seeming very mixed. How many in total roughly will there be? 

It should land between 50-65 total reviews on MC and 200+ on RT when its all said and done. Them being mixed is no shock though. The first one’s reception was heavily mixed.  

Edited by Future Lovers

Future Lovers
2 hours ago, River said:

Just like the first film, critics treats it as a comics movie and they expect it to follow the comics..

That isn’t why the first film got mixed reviews. It was very praised for NOT being a comic book style movie. Like universal praise for that. Critics have never liked comic book accurate/comic booky movies. 

The reason the reviews were mixed is because it has a jumbled screenplay that can’t decide what it wants to say and rips off two other movies MAJORLY along the way. The latter point being its biggest point of criticism because its SO blatantly derivative.  

Edited by Future Lovers
  • Like 1

RenegAde

The thought of Gaga "barely" being in the movie scares me. Like if that turns out to be true ill be pissed cuz they clearly promoted her as a lead role. Iv not been waiting an entire year to see this movie just for this.

Edited by RenegAde
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

RenegAde
33 minutes ago, tyler k said:

it will not flop.... it's one of the years most anticipated films & Gaga is in it. 

House of Gucci was indeed a critical flop, but still smashed at the box office.

HOG was far from a critical flop. This is how people claimed ARTPOP was an absolute failure just because it didn't smash like BTW. Its not always either black or white 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4