💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

movie

Critics Reviews । Joker: Folie à Deux

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

LastNight

I’m excited! It would be great if it was a runaway critical hit, but mixed reviews are kind of exciting too in a way - makes it more intriguing, like… what am I actually gonna think of it myself when I see it.  

Edited by LastNight
  • Love 1

Didymus
1 minute ago, plane jane said:

I wouldn’t be so sure about that tbh, Oscars is all about campaigning. If you know people in the industry, attend the right events, have other actors or directors campaign for you behind the scenes, then you’re set for a nomination. 

Maybe in certain genres but not in this one :rip: I'll be shocked if she gets it if she couldn't even get it for HOG which would've been a lot easier than this one.

Hyperobject
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Maybe in certain genres but not in this one :rip: I'll be shocked if she gets it if she couldn't even get it for HOG which would've been a lot easier than this one.

welp, let’s wait and see then! hopefully she will find a way to snatch a nom… 

• Love 1

Didymus

"Sorry, Little Monsters, Gaga adds nothing to the proceedings. To be fair, she’s not given a whole lot to do. Her character has no depth, and we only learn her backstory secondhand through Maryanne. For the most part, even during the musical numbers, she has a completely blank facial expression" (Collider)

Welp.

Why did she sign up for this movie, seriously. These things should've been obvious from reading the script alone.

madmagical6

Oh god, one I just read is saying her face has a "blank" expression and her acting adds nothing to the films. This isn't what wanted at all. But tbh, every time a movie gets nothing but rave reviews and becomes, somewhat of a cult classic I usually hate them. 

For example, I think Kirsten Stewart did an astounding job playing Princess Diana in 'Spencer'. Critics tore her a new one, but that it'll never take away how that film makes me feel. It's so odd we even have critics' because art is subjective no matter which way you look at it. Everyone is affected by film and music in a different way. 

I still look forward to this film because I know she puts in the work. 

Edited by madmagical6
  • Like 2

lastpopicon

even in 99% of the bad reviews her acting is being praised, this is what matters :iamfair:

Edited by lastpopicon
The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 7

Didymus
2 minutes ago, madmagical6 said:

For example, I think Kirsten Stewart did an astounding job playing Princess Diana in 'Spencer'. Critics tore her a new one, but that it'll never take away how that film makes me feel. It's so odd we even have critics' because art is subjective no matter which way you look at it. Everyone is affected by film and music in a different way.

I think you either misremember it or maybe just read isolated bad reviews because Kristen was a critics' favorite to win the Oscar for Best Actress. Kristen won a lot of critics association awards for that one.

Edited by Didymus
  • Thanks 1

Gagaism
1 minute ago, madmagical6 said:

Oh god, one I just read is saying her face has a vacant expression and her acting adds nothing to the films. This isn't what wanted at all. But tbh, every time a movie gets nothing but rave reviews and becomes, somewhat of a cult classic I usually hate them. 

I don’t think in this case critics are going to be hard on her but more to the final result that didn’t gave her enough to shine, which is different.

• Like 1

Caden

Is it possible to mute sb in the forum? Some people just are obsessed with spreading negativity it seems. 

• Thanks 7

LG2008
7 minutes ago, Didymus said:

"Sorry, Little Monsters, Gaga adds nothing to the proceedings. To be fair, she’s not given a whole lot to do. Her character has no depth, and we only learn her backstory secondhand through Maryanne. For the most part, even during the musical numbers, she has a completely blank facial expression" (Collider)

Welp.

Why did she sign up for this movie, seriously. These things should've been obvious from reading the script alone.

It could've been great but I can't believe they didn't give her something to do in the movie...

If that is really the case, I think she has enough power to ask for rewrites... There's no way they wasted her as everybody is saying :triggered: I wouldn't be surprised tho, Marvel usually wastes talent, I just didn't expect that from DC lol

Let's wait and see... It can't be that bad. I think I'll like it :ohwell:

Edited by LG2008

Hennycomb

A superhero's villain story on a pretentious movie that tries to have a cult-like aesthetic while being super mainstream, we can't expect the critics to eat it up wholy :enigma: I hate both DC and Marvel bullsh*t-verses but we will be at the movie theaters Oct 4th :vegas:

lastpopicon
7 minutes ago, madmagical6 said:

Oh god, one I just read is saying her face has a "blank" expression and her acting adds nothing to the films. This isn't what wanted at all. But tbh, every time a movie gets nothing but rave reviews and becomes, somewhat of a cult classic I usually hate them. 

we also have glowing reviews like this:

"The revelation of the film is Lady Gaga: on a technical level, it's impressive to see how the actress and musician modulates her talent and skills. It's a performance that recalls Ellen Greene's Audrey in 'Little Shop of Horrors,' demonstrating Gaga's enormous range."

– Slash (80/100)

:heart:

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • YAAAS 13
  • Love 4