Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
movie

Critics Reviews । Joker: Folie à Deux

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

tyler k

basically every reviewer is praising Gaga... even the negative ones are just complaining she wasn't in it more - which interestingly was a criticism of House of Gucci. everyone loves our girl!! <3 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Like 9

lilboyblue
2 minutes ago, Galagala said:

You guys bullied and laughed at me earlier for saying it's going to have mixed to bad reviews based on people attending Venice that I trusted.

See now?

You still don't get it, do you :volantis:

• Like 2

Wet Fire

The Guardian's Peter Bradshaw has been loving Gaga's acting for her first two films, and he has nothing but praise for her performance in FAD, though he gave the film a 3/5. :popcorn:

• Like 1

Nutella

"And that, more than anything else, is why “Folie à Deux” adopts the form of a classic musical: Because no other genre makes it so easy to appreciate all the fun you’re not having."

Brutal but hysterical.

• LMAO 1

eunino
2 minutes ago, tyler k said:

basically every reviewer is praising Gaga... even the negative ones are just complaining she wasn't in it more - which interestingly was a criticism of House of Gucci. everyone loves our girl!! <3 

But this is so frustrating. Like she gives her best performances and ends up being damaged by the course of the movie itself. I really thought she would be appreciated in this production and it will be a disappointment if she is out for the most part of it. 

But now it makes sense why they barely show her in the trailers.

• Sad 2

freebit
2 minutes ago, tyler k said:

These directors need to get with the program. :patrizia: Go the hell Todd Phillips (and Ridley Scott). :patrizia:

• Like 5
  • LMAO 1

madmagical6

I'm quiet surprised at these reviews seeming very mixed. How many in total roughly will there be? 

Hyperobject

as long as her acting is acclaimed we’re good imo 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Wet Fire
Just now, Eido said:

Ok so far basically movie is bad

Gaga is great but doesn’t have that many scenes somehow

The film had only one negative review on Metacritic lol. The rest are either mixed or positive.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

lilboyblue

Joker 1 scores for comparison:

Matacritic - 59 (critics) / 8.8 (users)
Rotten Tomatoes - 69% (tomatometer) / 89% (popcornmeter)

• Thanks 5

Levine
2 minutes ago, plane jane said:

as long as her acting is acclaimed we’re good imo 

You think? I don't know how Oscar nominations work, are they getting influenced by the critics and reviews?

lilboyblue
Just now, Levine said:

You think? I don't know how Oscar nominations work, are they getting influenced by the critics and reviews?

Joker was very mixed critically, but got a BP nomination and Joaquin the Best Actor award. It's all about narratives, and if it does well in the box office it will have a fighting chance in the awards season.

Although divisive, it's already very high profile and as long as it is able to find certain groups that will champion it, it will be fine imo.

• Like 4