'DWAS' MUSIC VIDEO OUT NOW
music news

‘Radical Optimism’ is Dua’s shortest era on US Charts

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Lextyr97
21 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Oh the US SLEPT on SMASHDINI and this era in general :dom:

Don’t blame us for her putting us to sleep. I tried listening to the album yesterday and I find it to be a staggering disappointment

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Agunimon

I have revisited this album about 2 or 3 times total since it was released now that I think about it. I don't think it's a bad album or anything - it's fun pop music for the most part, but I'd rather listen to others. She's the last artist who I have bought physical merch from when she dropped Physical.

Edited by Agunimon
  • Thanks 1

A Very Gaga Holida

The singles weren’t too good, honestly. I mean, they’re somewhere between good and quite mediocre. So were FN’s ones, but they were still more epic and they had great videos and promo. FN was her Teenage Dream, I fear.

Karl

Dua does remind me a bit of Katy's career, first album had big smashes, second was wall to wall hits and was like a two year cycle, and third is a bit more mid still popular but not quite as big. Hopefully her next project isn't a witness :huntyga:

• Like 2

Teletubby
34 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Oh the US SLEPT on SMASHDINI and this era in general :dom:

even UK said NO, album is already close to be out from UK album chart, no song in the top 100 on UK Apple Music, Houdini at #186 is the only song on UK Spotify. she also has no song charting on Global Spotify.

My red fur tastes like Coca~Cola My eyes are wide like 🍒 pies I gots a taste for men who are married
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1

NATAH

it wasn't a bad album but it wasn't like... a GOOD album whilst FN had some real bangers like Physical that still stay in regular rotation for me

mother, what must i do?

Auralegends

I think it was a great album but people want to compare it too much to FN and its success. 
Houdini, These Walls, Watcha Doin' and Falling Forever smash

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Shyane
19 minutes ago, Karl said:

Dua does remind me a bit of Katy's career, first album had big smashes, second was wall to wall hits and was like a two year cycle, and third is a bit more mid still popular but not quite as big. Hopefully her next project isn't a witness :huntyga:

Next thing you know, she's cutting her hair short.

What can she do at this point to succeed? This album is not bad, singles were okay (Houdini was great), she did decent promo (Brit Awards, Grammy, music videos)… And yet here we are…

I guess, she is hurt by all the competition this year: Sabrina, Chapelle, Billie, Charli dominate pop so much right now that there is barely any place left for other pop girls :laughga:

• Like 1

steven
57 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

I have revisited this album about 2 or 3 times total since it was released now that I think about it. I don't think it's a bad album or anything - it's fun pop music for the most part, but I'd rather listen to others. She's the last artist who I have bought physical merch from when she dropped Physical.

Agreed, it's just not strong enough. These Walls is probably one of my fave song from her.

• Like 1

LIKELADYAGAGA
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

She comes and she goes.

The fact that Houdini was going to foreshadow the entire era 

bionic
56 minutes ago, Karl said:

1 hour ago, A Very Gaga Holida said:

The singles weren’t too good, honestly. I mean, they’re somewhere between good and quite mediocre. So were FN’s ones, but they were still more epic and they had great videos and promo. FN was her Teenage Dream, I fear.

A lot like Katy, people were there because Teenage Dream/Future Nostalgia were so good. Not many were there for Dua herself like you'd get for other stars (i.e. Gaga)

buy bionic