'DWAS' MUSIC VIDEO OUT NOW
music news

Capitol & Katy “not panicking” about ‘143’ era

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Scarlet Witch

lol someone who’s not bothered isn’t going to release an article telling everyone how unbothered they are

• Like 5

Head Empty
9 hours ago, ajmsamuel said:

While u guys get funny of her, i fully respect and celebrate that she kept promoting witness with los charts, smile during pandemia, and now this one. Gaga had never do that

The ARTPOP era went to **** in 2013, but in 2014, Gaga paid for the whole GUY video (for three songs) from her own money, directed it and still pushed it as a single. Then she did a huge worldwide tour for it. 

For Joanne and Chromatica she recorded music videos for songs that weren't even singles (John Wayne and 911). Not to make them chart, but because she was passionate about the project.

Or to quote Katy Perry's ex-husband:

B-Q9RKTCYAA9BaM.jpg

But sure, Gaga only cares about charts :gayhat:

• Love 3

KevinWright

Maybe it's time for Katy to leave Capitol and find new producers and writters.

I don't know how many albums she has still to release under Capitol but clearly they are not helping Katy for the past 3 album cycles. :cyanlights:

• Like 1

Gangie
8 hours ago, Edonis said:

being "unbothered" by criticism about her album being produced by an abuser is not the serve her pr team thinks it is :enigma:

hope capitol drops her after this album :coffee: 

I'm afraid that's the case. They paid for WW promo etc, she had budget but that was just waste of money. 

She will never recover from this. That happens when you're too greedy and you end up with just NOTHING.

She had Idol, had some reputation and legacy, she could live pretending she's still a major act, do some Greatest Hits Shows from time to time and she just let it go jest so easily. I'm sure she thought Luke was the receipt for coming back to the to, but no. Paying the influencers to bring back the nostalgia to create false antocipation was not it when people that were your fans at age 8-12 already moved on years ago and you did nothing in the sake of artistic evolution to keep yourself relevant enough to keep them with you and get the new audience.

I can tell that VMAs will be a disaster as well. I'm kinda sorry for her but that what was suposed to happen when her ship sinked years ago already

If I like it, then that's what I get!
  • Like 2

HelloHangoverz
3 hours ago, monketsharona said:

Biggest laugh ever. So why she returned to that problematic producer when there's a HUGE amount of different and creative people in the business ?

She just wanted to recreate the succes of TD and Prism and failed that's all

LOUDER! Unless there is some sort of Oprah Winfrey style interview where she's actually honest and candid for a change, her career is over 

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

SHALLOW
1 hour ago, KevinWright said:

Maybe it's time for Katy to leave Capitol and find new producers and writters.

I don't know how many albums she has still to release under Capitol but clearly they are not helping Katy for the past 3 album cycles. :cyanlights:

At this rate it's more likely that Capitol is going to leave her :huntyga:

• Like 1

Pharamon

i love joining threads about Katy and seeing all the LMAO reactions haha makes my day

Shyane
6 hours ago, WhiteHotForever said:

This is hysterical. I never disliked Katy. But this era is a mess. Producing a whole album with Dr Luke was a huge mistake, she didn’t even try to explain herself. She said nothing.

In every interview/video I watched she was rude and didn’t seem to be a nice person.

Her turn on feminism was pathetic.

I think she's always like this. Even the time she seemed to support LGBT rights, I always have a hard time believing she's genuine. 

Shyane
5 hours ago, FGGrayson said:

I would have died if Gaga would have give us 6 singles during ARTPOP like Katy with Smile, yes we got Applause and the ARTPOPtfilm/Guy but 🥲  imagine an actual video of DWUW, Sexx Dreams & Gypsy 🥹  

So I did a quick search. Katy released Never Really Over on 5/31/2019, Small Talk on 8/9/2019, Harleys in Hawaii on 10/16/2019, Never Worn White on 3/5/2020, Daisies on 5/15/2020, Smile on 7/10/2020. These were all released prior to the album release. (Such a long process in the making)

Every time people thought she's releasing a single from her new album (Smile), Katy then decided that these are just standalone singles because they don't chart well. However, all of these eventually show up in her album in some editions LOL. Her team knows she's a single-selling artist (Unlike Gaga who's an album-selling artist) so they tried to find something that sticks. And they know people love her past music videos so they kept making new ones.

Finally the album, Smile came out on 8/28/2020 along with THREE promotional singles - What Makes A Woman on 8/20/2020, Cry About It Later on 8/28/2020, and Resilient on 11/17/2020. She had remixes featuring other artists for the later two. Her "official" third single from the album is Not The End Of The World released on 12/21/2020.

So from what is "officially" stated, she really just had three singles from the album. I guess all others are just failed attempts.

• Like 1