'DWAS' MUSIC VIDEO OUT NOW
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Am I Misunderstanding this Lyric?

Bobina

Featured Posts

Bobina

So I was quite enjoying Ms. Carpenter's album when "Dumb and Poetic" came on. And I was enjoying this song too. But then the lyric "You're so empathetic, you'd make a great wife" grazed my ears and it gave me the ich! Am I misunderstanding this lyric? Because tbqh, it's giving me Katy Perry's "Ur So Gay". The lyric feels insulting. :triggered:

CautiousLurker

She's cancelled I fear :bradley:

Men are naturally more dominating, aggressive, and logical thinking because we have balls.
  • LMAO 4

Shyane
11 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

She's cancelled I fear :bradley:

I would love to see her cancelled.

• Sad 1

Didymus

The song and the lyric are definitely meant to emasculate someone. It's kinda cringe, kinda genius and, yes, similar to Ur So Gay.

Future Lovers
2 hours ago, Bobina said:

So I was quite enjoying Ms. Carpenter's album when "Dumb and Poetic" came on. And I was enjoying this song too. But then the lyric "You're so empathetic, you'd make a great wife" grazed my ears and it gave me the ich! Am I misunderstanding this lyric? Because tbqh, it's giving me Katy Perry's "Ur So Gay". The lyric feels insulting. :triggered:

I don't know that you're misunderstanding the meaning as much as you're maybe misunderstanding the intention. 

Ur So Gay is a song that's about emasculating someone absolutely but it seems to be for no reason other than Katy is unimpressed and turned off by someone who has feminine traits. 

Dumb and Poetic is also sort of emasculating someone, but not because Sabrina thinks feminine traits in a man are a bad thing. The song is about someone who portrays themselves as a gentle, soft spoken, kind individual but in reality that's a facade and they're nothing of the sort. She's saying that they make themselves out to be someone who, if they were  a woman, would be called wife material. She is not saying that this person is a submissive or feminine type. 

She is attacking these Soft Boi traits not because she thinks they're worth ridiculing, but because they're a lie and not at all who this man really is, just who he pretends to be. 

Edited by Future Lovers
  • Like 1