đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Chappell Roan responds to backlash regarding her fan interactions and privacy vids

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Bronco
26 minutes ago, Killa said:

you wanted to be on top and knew the price. 

Yeah this gross af and you should be ashamed of yourself.

A woman is literally here complaining about strangers touching her without consenting and this is your chosen response?

Gross.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SimonBaetens

Powerful of her to share this. I hope it makes a difference, not just for her but also in general perception and attitude.

when you're lonely, I'll be lonely too / https://www.last.fm/user/SimonBaetens
  • Like 3

alsemanche
4 hours ago, MessyTop said:

“When I’m in drag”…. Girl… you are not. lol maybe wanna be drag. Bye 

Don’t you worry, her career is done. She’s miss handling this so wrong. I get her point I do, but she’s coming across to dumb 

This! She’s gonna have no career, she’s seems so disconnected of reality. Bye girl. She ain’t that THAT

She’s nothing without men buying her crappy music 

What exactly is your problem with her lmao

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

alsemanche

Oh a katy perry defender nvm :icant:

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • LMAO 4

Rat Boy
6 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

What exactly is your problem with her lmao

I think he’s a disgruntled KP fan. :partysick:

"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River
  • LMAO 3

chromaticainmyhead

the misogyny in here is honestly terrifying :bionic:

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay
  • Thanks 3

SlaeUrAnus
24 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Oh a katy perry defender nvm :icant:

Why does that not surprise me :max:

In my messy era.
  • Like 1

weed
5 hours ago, stvn said:

Unwanted touching and following is ALSO out of line. She’s calling it out in an effort to change it despite how ingrained this bad behavior is in our culture. You are excusing and not challenging this culture because you’ve resigned to believe it will always be this way and is a price of fame people deserve. Change CAN happen, but not when ideas like yours perpetuate and don’t think or creative, long term, long form solutions. Chappell is laying groundwork for the conversation and you’re basically saying it will never change. I heard your tone girl. 

I'd love if everyone in the world was a good person! 

Edited by weed
  • Like 1

Future Lovers
2 hours ago, Andrea B said:

This!!!! i find her very annoying, I hate the way she talks to the ''public'' or us

She has asked multiple times for people to respect her boundaries and they have not listened. She has every right to reiterate herself in more forceful terms. 

Honestly it’s insane that you can look at a woman asking people not to stalk her or touch her without permission or contact and her friends and family and your first thought be “she’s annoying.”

She is talking the way she is because no one is respecting her. When she isn’t shown respect, she does not owe a respectful tone in return to you or anyone else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

RadioIsOurs
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

Women deal with wayyyy more general unsafety than men. This is a scientifically proven fact. Women learn to identify as vulnerable at all times, and to fear people, places, times of the day,... to protect themselves.

Does it mean men never deal with unsafety? No. But it is ignorant and unhelpful imo to pretend that women wouldn't experience a different quality of unsafety when being touched without their consent, being chased, told to relinquish their boundaries for the sake of success, etc.

And usually this level of 'unsafety' women experience is because of...men. It is indeed due to a patriarchal society that let's men get away with more than they should. 

This directly contradicts Chappell Roan's situation, where most of her crazy fans have been reported to be women. Queer women in fact. This isn't a case of men (or anyone for that matter) taking advantage of women's vulnerability. It's literally teenage girls being immature little shits. Telling your fans to stop being sexist to women is literally not gonna do anything in this case. And people like you are virtue signalling for a completely unrelated issue that takes away from the actual problems of this distressing situation.

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Didymus
21 minutes ago, RadioIsOurs said:

And usually this level of 'unsafety' women experience is because of...men. It is indeed due to a patriarchal society that let's men get away with more than they should. 

This directly contradicts Chappell Roan's situation, where most of her crazy fans have been reported to be women. Queer women in fact. This isn't a case of men (or anyone for that matter) taking advantage of women's vulnerability. It's literally teenage girls being immature little shits. Telling your fans to stop being sexist to women is literally not gonna do anything in this case. And people like you are virtue signalling for a completely unrelated issue that takes away from the actual problems of this distressing situation.

:interestinga:

You're completely missing her/my point. Chappell has been getting roasted all over the internet for being an ungrateful little fake attention seeking wh-re who needs to shut the hell up and be grateful for what she has simply for saying she'd prefer it if people didn't act entitled when they meet her while she's not working. AS. IF. people would be this harsh if it was a man saying this.

Her post isn't just directed towards the fans who know what they're doing. It's also directed at the backlash she's receiving, as a woman, for expressing her boundaries. ("I am specifically talking about predatory behavior that has become normalized because of the way women who are well-known have been treated in the past."; "It is not the woman's duty to suck it up and take it.").

As I said, women can't be expected to digest unwanted touching, chasing,... the same as a man would, nor are they culturally allowed to respond similarly. The issues are not "unrelated". Also, we literally don't know if she is talking about female fans. It could just as easily be about (queer) men. Your take that "this isn't a case of men taking advantage" is very insensitive, not to say completely made up for your own convenience.

Edited by Didymus

RadioIsOurs
10 minutes ago, Didymus said:

:interestinga:

You're completely missing her/my point. Chappell has been getting roasted all over the internet for being an ungrateful little fake attention seeking wh-re who needs to shut the hell up and be grateful for what she has simply for saying she'd prefer it if people didn't act entitled when they meet her while she's not working.

Her post isn't just directed towards the fans who know what they're doing. It's also directed at the backlash she's receiving for expressing her boundaries. That is what she is comparing to her situation. ("I am specifically talking about predatory behavior that has become normalized because of the way women who are well-known have been treated in the past."; "It is not the woman's duty to suck it up and take it.").

Also, we literally don't know if she is talking about female fans. From the way she wrote it, and the emphasis she's placing on women not owing anyone sh-t, your take that "this isn't a case of men taking advantage" is very insensitive, not to say completely made up for your own convenience.

If you've read up about the drama surrounding her fanbase, particularly with the one involving Nova from the MidwestPrincessHQ Instagram account, you'd understand what kind of people she'd been dealing with and that I'm not just making it up for my convenience.

The backlash towards her response does really suck, but when she compares her case to sexual assault, and that states that "It is not the woman's duty to suck it up and take it", are we supposed to take it that this two have the same nuances?  When so called 'predatory behavior' is perpetrated by your own largely queer and female fanbase, how does that support the narrative that she has been dehumanized as a woman, and that people are also putting her down literally because she's a woman?

I think she has the right to feel the way she feels at this moment, but you are in turn blowing this out to be something that isn't. It's like telling people to stop being homophobic to her now. Valid of course, but not even relevant to the situation at hand.

You wanna help her with her situation? Why not tell parents to teach their kids have healthy relationships with their idols? Advocate for people within the queer community to follow boundaries and not tear each other down. Hell, let's start with our own fanbase. I've seen some nasty **** here.

Didymus
Just now, RadioIsOurs said:

If you've read up about the drama surrounding her fanbase, particularly with the one involving Nova from the MidwestPrincessHQ Instagram account, you'd understand what kind of people she'd been dealing with and that I'm not just making it up for my convenience.

The backlash towards her response does really suck, but when she compares her case to sexual assault, and that states that "It is not the woman's duty to suck it up and take it", are we supposed to take it that this two have the same nuances?  When so called 'predatory behavior' is perpetrated by your own largely queer and female fanbase, how does that support the narrative that she has been dehumanized as a woman, and that people are also putting her down literally because she's a woman?

I think she has the right to feel the way she feels at this moment, but you are in turn blowing this out to be something that isn't. It's like telling people to stop being homophobic to her now. Valid of course, but not even relevant to the situation at hand.

You wanna help her with her situation? Why not tell parents to teach their kids have healthy relationships with their idols? Advocate for people within the queer community to follow boundaries and not tear each other down. Hell, let's start with our own fanbase. I've seen some nasty **** here.

I know about that particular drama... I just don't think it proves that it's only women who are harrassing her and that therefore she is not allowed to talk about this "as if it's a women's issue when it's not", as you're arguing.

I genuinely don't think the experience of being touched without consent, stalked, harrassed,... is the same, generally speaking, for men and women. I think it's odd you're trying to insulate this as a celebrity issue specifically and not an issue of Chappell feeling unsafe around strangers largely because she is in fact a woman.

Everything else you're saying is obviously legitimate and important. I just think there's also merit to her claim that, as a woman, there is a larger pressure to make herself available, even physically, to complete strangers, compared to men, and an equally larger pressure to never complain about it or express your boundaries. It's fine if we disagree about that, I just think it's sad, 'cause it's an interesting gateway to everybody's experience vs. just a few unlucky celebrities.

RadioIsOurs
13 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I know about that particular drama... I just don't think it proves that it's only women who are harrassing her and that therefore she is not allowed to talk about this "as if it's a women's issue when it's not", as you're arguing.

I genuinely don't think the experience of being touched without consent, stalked, harrassed,... is the same, generally speaking, for men and women. I think it's odd you're trying to insulate this as a celebrity issue specifically and not an issue of Chappell feeling unsafe around strangers largely because she is in fact a woman.

Everything else you're saying is obviously legitimate and important. I just think there's also merit to her claim that, as a woman, there is a larger pressure to make herself available, even physically, to complete strangers, compared to men, and an equally larger pressure to never complain about it or express your boundaries. It's fine if we disagree about that, I just think it's sad, 'cause it's an interesting gateway to everybody's experience vs. just a few unlucky celebrities.

I totally get where you're coming from, and I appreciate your efforts to speak up for an issue you care about. I guess the main point I've been trying to make is that even in an ideal world where women get equal respect and are being treated the same, Chappell's fans still would not have left her alone. Would she then have felt any safer?

GagaGame
6 hours ago, MessyTop said:

She’s nothing without men buying her crappy music 

Why are you even on this website :wtf:

LG7? CANCELLED