'DWAS' MUSIC VIDEO OUT NOW
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Chappell Roan responds to backlash regarding her fan interactions and privacy vids

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

GagaGame
6 hours ago, MessyTop said:

She’s nothing without fans. Is a hard line to navigate 

:saladga: Why did you even open this thread omg 

LG7? CANCELLED
  • Like 1

Bronco
1 hour ago, RadioIsOurs said:

The backlash towards her response does really suck, but when she compares her case to sexual assault, and that states that "It is not the woman's duty to suck it up and take it", are we supposed to take it that this two have the same nuances?  When so called 'predatory behavior' is perpetrated by your own largely queer and female fanbase, how does that support the narrative that she has been dehumanized as a woman, and that people are also putting her down literally because she's a woman?

She compares it to sexual assault because strangers touching you inappropriately without consent is sexual assault. So yes, same nuances because its the same thing.

The gender identity of perpetrators of sexual assault does not change the severity or the seriousness. The treatment of celebrities, male & female, is dehumanizing. They are treated as toys by super fans with parasocial relationships, regardless of that fan's gender. 

Women can be perpetrators of the same issues in society that are largely a result of patriarchial structures. Queer people can also be perpetrators. 

When you have queer people, inc women, taking time out of their day to attack a woman explicitly stating do not sexually assault me then the narrative that she is being attacked for being a woman taking a stand remains the same as if it were straight cis men doing the attacking. 

• Like 1

elijahfan
13 hours ago, ceminay said:

While I agree with her and hope she becomes a pioneer for change, I just don’t think any of this will change anytime soon. Fame unfortunately comes with a price, and decades of celebrities have gone through so much trauma. Princess Diana and Britney are proof that people will realize how devastating fame and fans can be for the celebrity, but won’t care to change their toxic behavior. I don’t think the average person is smart enough to grasp any of this. I hope she can manage to create change, but she should accept reality as well and be ready.

I believe Princess Di and Britney's issues were mainly with tabloids and paps, so that's another very specific issue. When it comes to fans, artists putting up boundaries is definitely the way to go and I'm pretty sure actual fans will be eager to respect those. I can't speak for the disrespecting randos who only care about how being seen close to any celebrity will satisfy their craving for attention.

• Like 1

holy scheisse

I feel like everything she said is probably everything that Gaga felt when she started distancing herself from fan interaction lol 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jarvin

It is just exactly what happened with the FiveFootTwo doc. Gaga was more subtle in the doc, but this is exactly how she feels. Gaga however is so extremely soft as a person I feel, that she would never say this publicly. But all artists feel this way. When Gaga said she hates Gaga, she hates this prison she created, that’s fuelled by exactly this. That’s why there is no more fans on stage as much, fans backstage, little monsters.com and the trauma dumping with those letters at every show. These people have no lives. Imagine a stranger walking up to you and saying ‘without you I would have killed myself. I self harm everyday’

of course, she is so happy to help people with it. But if people told you that every night for 200 shows in a year… imagine the pressure! And the trauma it invokes regarding your own history of suffering. It is unimaginable. That’s why I love Gaga so much. She respectfully stands her ground and keeps her boundaries and still manages to give glimpses of Mother Monster. I get her! She is still the same. But she doesn’t want to go batshit depressed anymore because she feels she owes the world.

NibbCub

I keep hearing that she doesn't like her fans. That she doesn't want to interact with them at all offstage. No meets or autographs, etc. Is this true? Is this fueling her backlash?

uo111
2 hours ago, elijahfan said:

I believe Princess Di and Britney's issues were mainly with tabloids and paps, so that's another very specific issue. When it comes to fans, artists putting up boundaries is definitely the way to go and I'm pretty sure actual fans will be eager to respect those. I can't speak for the disrespecting randos who only care about how being seen close to any celebrity will satisfy their craving for attention.

Sure but those have been largely replaced by randos with social media accounts stalking celebrities so the comparison is fair.

• Like 1

Sneaky Oliver

It’s honestly ridiculous how people just like to be dumb online, I mean did you not understand the first time? I think people pretend to be ignorant just to keep the hate trains going. She expressed her completely justified and reasonable feelings. She’s young and new to the industry. I can only imagine how scary it must be to have all this attention so out of the sudden. Her statement was valid like I feel all music artists feel that way and I thought it was an obvious thing for the general public 

I’m on my Legacy Act era
  • Like 1