'DWAS' ON SPOTIFY
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Poll: The Cure Vs DWAS; which one you prefer?

Kimmo

Favorite “filler” single   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• The Cure
    • DWAS

Featured Posts

Kimmo

Which one of these in between eras single release has been your favorite? 

The Cure:

DWAS:

Hottie Detector

lastpopicon

DWAS>>>>The Cure :iamfair:

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Aglaya

The Cure sounds like an Ally song. DWAS sounds like a Gaga song

could mean anything
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Decodekid

The Cure was a cute little moment. DWAS is a whole event :iamfair:

Long Live Gretchen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Real Panda

I love them both so much.

Maybe because of the recency bias, I will go with Die With A Smile simply because none of the Top 10 or current Top 20 songs sound like it. Its Soul meets Rock, and because Bruno is wearing a cowboy hat does not make it country at all with all those vocal runs. Gaga sounds amazing.

Although The Cure was a breath of  fresh Pop air from Gaga, sometimes I think it might have been released due to label or management pressure to help her be more relevant.

Even though it might be a track originally penned for A Star Is Born that was too good to be a throwaway Ally Pop song. I feel like she released this because in 2017 it was all Tropical Pop /R&B /Hip Hop on the charts. I love the song and its lyrics and the message. Gaga's melisma on the song sounds so reminiscent of early Mariah. It is infectious and its such a shame it did not have a music video.

Edited by Real Panda
  • Like 1

RenegAde

Im happy the cure is putting up na good fight on the poll but Dwas is a better written song and gagas vocal delivery even on her short verse Harmonies and adlibs are some of the best she's ever done.

"Ouououualost, lost in the words that we scream, i dont even wanna do this anymore ohharh" .....always gives me chills:messga:

Edited by RenegAde

River
1 minute ago, pachinko said:

Who voted for The Cure? :derpga:

i can tell, but i won't :cheeky:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • LMAO 2

Killa

Okay so i didnt thought the cure was that enjoyable, in all honesty. Kinda shocked since It has that Joy and nostalgy with good pace, very melodic, good transitions. Don't Even get bothered by the nasal voice. 

However, die with a smile. Its Just the perfect dose of generic for a pop record with a bit of substance and the Little part fron Gaga really gives It the rock Edge the Song might Need. It really takes you tò the seventeens but its not some diane Warwick or carpenters but more of a rock vibe. Plus the adlibs are Just perfect standard, the harmonies really make the Song bteathe each time. Like It really has those elements that make you enjoy a duet. The variety of the voives, how they match, how they sound different. Theres not much wrong with this record

• Like 2

63grekke

Obviously everyone is gonna vote for DWAS cuz of the numbers... even tho Gaga is barely in it.

GAGASEXUAL
3 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Why?

DWAS is an amazing song but I don't like the mixing and it keeps me from enjoying it.

Bonkers

potato

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates